Text messages taking over 3 minutes to send?

Search This thread

neilwashere

Sep 23, 2011
On average how long does it take you guys to send a text message? I just sent 2 text messages in a row and it took over 5 minutes for both of them to send. Usually takes over 3 but this one took a little longer. Is anyone else having this problem? I am stock rooted running some xposed mods...

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Something ain't right. My texts are going out as they are supposed to: instantly.
Running CleanROM with some extra mods and also Xposed for Sense6 toolbox.

Reactions: neilwashere

ccoulterjg1

Sep 19, 2013
I hate to state the obvious, but do you have a low signal? Are you sending pictures or just plain texts? The only time I experience send times this high is when I have a low signal or am trying to send a text in an unusually crowded area. I am also rooted and running xposed, so unless one of the mods you are using has something to do with texts or signal, I would think it would have to be one of the above.

neilwashere

Sep 23, 2011
I hate to state the obvious, but do you have a low signal? Are you sending pictures or just plain texts? The only time I experience send times this high is when I have a low signal or am trying to send a text in an unusually crowded area. I am also rooted and running xposed, so unless one of the mods you are using has something to do with texts or signal, I would think it would have to be one of the above.

Im usually on wifi for most part of the day, but my signal is usually good. I get solid 4g. I am mostly just sending plain texts but I did just recently get a new job and apparently it is right next to an at&t tower and I literally don't have service for a full 8 hours. I do use wifi there but i still cant receive text messages. Could that have anything to do with it?

ccoulterjg1

Sep 19, 2013
Im usually on wifi for most part of the day, but my signal is usually good. I get solid 4g. I am mostly just sending plain texts but I did just recently get a new job and apparently it is right next to an at&t tower and I literally don't have service for a full 8 hours. I do use wifi there but i still cant receive text messages. Could that have anything to do with it?

Yeah, unfortunately WiFi won't help you at all with plain text messages. If you have no service there, that would explain the huge send times. With Wi-Fi, you'd be better off to use Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts data messaging feature instead of texting. Those services use data to send and receive messages so the WiFi would be utilized by them.

neilwashere

Sep 23, 2011
Yeah, unfortunately WiFi won't help you at all with plain text messages. If you have no service there, that would explain the huge send times. With Wi-Fi, you'd be better off to use Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts data messaging feature instead of texting. Those services use data to send and receive messages so the WiFi would be utilized by them.

I'll probably give that a try, but it doesnt just happen at work its pretty much everywhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Something ain't right. My texts are going out as they are supposed to: instantly.
    Running CleanROM with some extra mods and also Xposed for Sense6 toolbox.