[Q] Where is SD Card Located, LG G2

Search This thread

gurasa

Jul 28, 2014
First of all hi, I'm new here :)

I'm searching for the Micro SD Card already installed in my LG G2(16GB), I know that this phone doesnt have Micro SD Slot, but there !MUST! be a Micro SD Card. For example same situation was with my HTC Surround, there was no additional SD Card Slot, but when I dissambled the phone i found the slot, chandet SD card with new 32 GB card and everything worked very well.

so please help, and sorry for my English, I know I made a lot of mistakes :D

th3ant

Feb 24, 2011
I know that this phone doesnt have Micro SD Slot

I think you got it right in that sentence I'm afraid. Memory is usually soldered straight to the main board in the phone.. Not removable or replaceable.. I may be wrong but that's 99% likely from what I know..

So sorry but you're stuck with what you've got!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

gurasa

Jul 28, 2014
Don't think it's like that in the G2. Internal memory is not an SD card but a memory module soldered directly onto the motherboard.

I think you got it right in that sentence I'm afraid. Memory is usually soldered straight to the main board in the phone.. Not removable or replaceable.. I may be wrong but that's 99% likely from what I know..

So sorry but you're stuck with what you've got!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

i'm not stuck because i found this phone in airport :D

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Sorry for my English first of all, based on what you have said, you just randomly "picked" it up in the airport out of nowhere, which probably not your fault, ethically.
Now, about the SD card, I'm sure it's there inside the phone, probably right underneath of the PCB board or maybe it's even inside one of those layers. Rip it apart and check it out.

Reactions: khaytsus

gurasa

Jul 28, 2014
Sorry for my English first of all, based on what you have said, you just randomly "picked" it up in the airport out of nowhere, which probably not your fault, ethically.
Now, about the SD card, I'm sure it's there inside the phone, probably right underneath of the PCB board or maybe it's even inside one of those layers. Rip it apart and check it out.

thats the thing i'm going to do, i'll rip it apart, cause i already have G3, and if i could manage and change sd card, it would be great gift for my sister

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky

Agreed. But make sure you take all of the shields etc off to make sure it's not hiding under one of them.

60nine

before you mess up the device

<common sense mode on>
don't you think someone would already found it and post the image on the internet and the news would be allover the android portals? (xda, android central ...)
<common sense mode off>

which variant of the g2 is it?
because i think that only korean variant has a separate micro sd cart slot

anyway, let us know how it went

Khant

Jan 16, 2013
are you guys being trolls or have no common sense. Only the Korea model has the SDcard slot and removable battery. Since you found it laying in it's original box, read the manual that came with it.

Reactions: masteril and 60nine

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
he isn't a thief he found it. maybe he should have turned it in but he didn't steal it.

115363.gif

feeling7

Mar 26, 2014
Is there any chance to upgrade memory or add extra microsd slot for LG G2 16 GB version?
I am running out space and this is only one thing which I dont like with my phone, I spend lots of time to find best ROM and to customize everyting for my need.

I was thinking about upgrading to galaxy s7 but I havent got time to customizing again everything, and I guess original ROM will be slower and slower with time, even on such a new phone like S7.

thanks for help

rdasante

Mar 13, 2013
Accra
Is there any chance to upgrade memory or add extra microsd slot for LG G2 16 GB version?
I am running out space and this is only one thing which I dont like with my phone, I spend lots of time to find best ROM and to customize everyting for my need.

I was thinking about upgrading to galaxy s7 but I havent got time to customizing again everything, and I guess original ROM will be slower and slower with time, even on such a new phone like S7.

thanks for help

You spend a lot of time to find best ROM and customize everything for your need, and yet you haven't got time to customize an S7, if you got one?!
And which phone doesn't get slower and slower with time?
You don't need a phone!

feeling7

Mar 26, 2014
You spend a lot of time to find best ROM and customize everything for your need, and yet you haven't got time to customize an S7, if you got one?!
And which phone doesn't get slower and slower with time?
You don't need a phone!

No I havent got time for this,
which one is not getting slower and slower ? my LG G2 is same like it was in 2014 but only when I am using my ROM, on the original one probably would be different.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    are you guys being trolls or have no common sense. Only the Korea model has the SDcard slot and removable battery. Since you found it laying in it's original box, read the manual that came with it.
    he isn't a thief he found it. maybe he should have turned it in but he didn't steal it.

115363.gif

Clearly we're trolling a phone thief. Stop ruining our fun.
    First of all hi, I'm new here :)

I'm searching for the Micro SD Card already installed in my LG G2(16GB), I know that this phone doesnt have Micro SD Slot, but there !MUST! be a Micro SD Card. For example same situation was with my HTC Surround, there was no additional SD Card Slot, but when I dissambled the phone i found the slot, chandet SD card with new 32 GB card and everything worked very well.

so please help, and sorry for my English, I know I made a lot of mistakes :D

I found a picture. Its not the G2 but enough to understand.
    Follow this link
    https://de.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus+5+Teardown/19016
    and scroll down to "Schritt 10". Theres a picture with some squares. The red one is the NAND-flash wirh 16 GB.