Android 4.3/4.4

Search This thread

jhax01

Jan 16, 2010
Any chance this is legit?

Claims to be an 4.4.2 which would be new enough to support bluetooth properly, and run Android Wear.

w ww.needrom.com/download/true-smart-4-0/

Anyone braver than I am and willing to try it?

(I'm guessing it's not that easy, but I'd so like to be able to do something useful with my watch!).

It's hard to imagine that being anything other than malware of some type...would be nice tho...

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Needrom doesn't let you post malware.

I'll look at it.

edit: It is legit KitKat.

It's not for the TS, but it's for the exact same PCB.

According to the ProjectConfig inside it doesn't use the same LCM in the LK/Bootloader, but it does support all of the device drivers.

Short answer - probably won't boot (but I'm obviously testing it right now).

Here's the deal folks - all these KK roms you're posting are great. They'll likely work on the TS without issue. The problem isn't with KK the ROM. The problem is with KK the Kernel/Bootloader. Both need to be present, but the LK is the most important. You can use any kernel for the device that has proper support for KK, but the LK has to have the right drivers or it won't boot.

I'm testing it right now to see if there's a chance it will work but I'm not confident it will. If it does work, for some reason, I'll let you know shortly.

edit: That's a no.

Last edited:
Reactions: moviecut

jhax01

Jan 16, 2010
Needrom doesn't let you post malware.

I'll look at it.

edit: It is legit KitKat.

It's not for the TS, but it's for the exact same PCB.

According to the ProjectConfig inside it doesn't use the same LCM in the LK/Bootloader, but it does support all of the device drivers.

Short answer - probably won't boot (but I'm obviously testing it right now).

Here's the deal folks - all these KK roms you're posting are great. They'll likely work on the TS without issue. The problem isn't with KK the ROM. The problem is with KK the Kernel/Bootloader. Both need to be present, but the LK is the most important. You can use any kernel for the device that has proper support for KK, but the LK has to have the right drivers or it won't boot.

I'm testing it right now to see if there's a chance it will work but I'm not confident it will. If it does work, for some reason, I'll let you know shortly.

edit: That's a no.

Bummer...Thanks for checking it out tho...

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
Oh noes :(
Thanks you anyways for telling us !!

But it also means that Android 4.3/4.4 is possible for the Omate :laugh: !

Is it possible that one day, some random guy on this forum make it real? Or we gotta wait for the big bosses at Omate's company to unleash the beast (but it won't happen, they won't get any money in doing so :cyclops:)

I just happened to discover an app that I truely need, and that work only for Android >= 4.3... (pushbullet)
I'm so sad :crying:

BenjaminM

Mar 17, 2008
Hong Kong
Just wondering if anyone had some news on the Android 4.4 for the TS? So far, I wasn't convinced by an alternative Smartwatch running 4.4 (Ironman Unova, ZGPAX S8, etc.), .
Ideally, the best would be to have a ROM update for the TS.
Hope someone has some good news.
Thanks.

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Just wondering if anyone had some news on the Android 4.4 for the TS? So far, I wasn't convinced by an alternative Smartwatch running 4.4 (Ironman Unova, ZGPAX S8, etc.), .
Thanks.
It's being worked on. The issue is that the source mtk compiled for new KK devices isn't compatible with the LCM on the ts. The bootloader is fine but the kernel needs work.

Currently I'm working on a port but without KK I'm not so sure it'll boot.

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
The sad thing is the source is a mess all around. I don't build kernels but the build of KitKat I have does power on (meaning the bootloader is the correct one) but does not get past the logo (meaning the kernel is not the correct one).

If all they do (or someone else) is build KK-compatible kernel for api 19, I have a KK ROM ready to go.

Blufires

Mar 27, 2008
The sad thing is the source is a mess all around. I don't build kernels but the build of KitKat I have does power on (meaning the bootloader is the correct one) but does not get past the logo (meaning the kernel is not the correct one).

If all they do (or someone else) is build KK-compatible kernel for api 19, I have a KK ROM ready to go.

Hey Kuronosan, not sure if this will help but I have found a complete Zgpax S8 firmware update 4.4.2. It includes bootloader/kernel/recovery etc to flash via SP Flash Tools. I flashed the whole lot on my Podor PW306 and it wouldn't turn on at all (bad bootloader?). Would flashing this but with my stock bootloader do anything? The S8 will run the 4.2 build from the Callisto 100 (which is Truesmart compatible), so perhaps the opposite is possible.

Anyway here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn6xt5v0z3mntjj/S8_All_in_one_08_Dec_2014.zip?dl=0

rik81

Sep 28, 2008
Hey Kuronosan, not sure if this will help but I have found a complete Zgpax S8 firmware update 4.4.2. It includes bootloader/kernel/recovery etc to flash via SP Flash Tools. I flashed the whole lot on my Podor PW306 and it wouldn't turn on at all (bad bootloader?). Would flashing this but with my stock bootloader do anything? The S8 will run the 4.2 build from the Callisto 100 (which is Truesmart compatible), so perhaps the opposite is possible.

Anyway here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn6xt5v0z3mntjj/S8_All_in_one_08_Dec_2014.zip?dl=0

I have success to boot zgpax s8 rom on my Callisto 100. Everything work good (wifi - bluetooth - camera- gps - phone -etc). Only not work sensor (accelerometer-compass-magnetic field) probabily depend on libsensor. conf

P.s. not working recovery mode and not working Twrp for modify sensor lib and i haven't much time to spend

Sorry for my bad English

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Sir look my post # 30 can this help you with your rom?

Last edited:

Blufires

Mar 27, 2008
How did you do it?

Did you flash Callisto 100 bootloader with all other components from the S8 ROM, or flash the whole S8 ROM?

rik81

Sep 28, 2008
Callisto 100 Flash Android 4.4 from Zgpax S8 Rom

How did you do it?

Did you flash Callisto 100 bootloader with all other components from the S8 ROM, or flash the whole S8 ROM?

Instructions - Follow these steps:

1. Extract the folder "zgpax s8 new firmware.rar"
2. Delete the following files:
- lk.bin
- MT6572_Android_scatter.txt
- preloader_s8.bin
3. replace these files with those of your stock rom
4. flash with SP Flash Tool - mode Firmware Upgrade

Blufires

Mar 27, 2008
Sweet, thanks.

I'll try this tomorrow since I'll have to borrow my wife's computer (I installed Windows 8.1 like a fool, and I can't find all the drivers for MTK flashing). Can't wait to try it out.

Maszter93

Dec 8, 2014
Batusangkar
Works Perfectly

- lk.bin
- preloader_s8.bin

it doesn't work for me , but I changed it a bit.
for me I flashed FULL ZGPAX firmware,
then my watch bricked, after bricked in no.2 I don't change the scatter then flashing the firmware (I using my watch own preloader, get it from mtkdroidtools backup)
WORKS like charm :good: thanks man

use this method for unova ironman firmware
Steps: download the firmware from this
extract it, then rename factory_NONmodified_recovery.img to recovery.img
then use scatter in the attachment, do firmware upgrade
after finished, enter recovery then do factory reset

Sensors didn't work
BLUETOOTH TETHERING WORKS
Using Z15 clone

Attachments

• MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
    436 bytes · Views: 90
Last edited:

rik81

Sep 28, 2008
it doesn't work for me , but I changed it a bit.
for me I flashed FULL ZGPAX firmware,
then my watch bricked, after bricked in no.2 I don't change the scatter then flashing the firmware
WORKS like charm :good: thanks man

Using Z15 clone

your sensors work? (accelerometer-compass-magnetic field)

Blufires

Mar 27, 2008

- lk.bin
- preloader_s8.bin

I tried this and bricked. I can't seem to get the stock firmware back, as with the battery out I keep getting:
BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)
"Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded."

With the battery in I keep getting:
PRO_INFO: Failed to get PMT info.

I'm getting a bit worried now. Anybody know of a solution?

rik81

Sep 28, 2008
no go...
btw my home button changed into volume up... is there any way to remapped it ?

mine too.
But I'm happy with the volume up in the home button.
To return to the Home I installed the app Swipe Home Button from Play store

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I tried this and bricked. I can't seem to get the stock firmware back, as with the battery out I keep getting:
BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)
"Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded."

With the battery in I keep getting:
PRO_INFO: Failed to get PMT info.

I'm getting a bit worried now. Anybody know of a solution?

you have available the stock rom for your device?

Blufires

Mar 27, 2008
Yes, stock backup made with MTKDroidTools. I also have Omate stock firmware which works.

Maszter93

Dec 8, 2014
Batusangkar
mine too.
But I'm happy with the volume up in the home button.
To return to the Home I installed the app Swipe Home Button from Play store

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

you have available the stock rom for your device?

little advice, you may use unova ironman firmware, it more smooth and nothing needs to remapped but still no sensor...
this

Reactions: rik81

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm all the support you have.
    Thanks.
    It's being worked on. The issue is that the source mtk compiled for new KK devices isn't compatible with the LCM on the ts. The bootloader is fine but the kernel needs work.

Currently I'm working on a port but without KK I'm not so sure it'll boot.
    Callisto 100 Flash Android 4.4 from Zgpax S8 Rom

How did you do it?

- lk.bin
    - preloader_s8.bin
    The watch still won't turn on after being on charge all night. Any ideas? .

Reflash your full stock rom or alternative full stock rom

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

If I understand correctly, it is now possible to run KK 4.4 on the Omate Truesmart?
    This is awesome news to start the Year!
    Is anyone going to to a step by step guide with relevant tools and links?
    Can someone post a video?

for now the only guide is this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57878118&postcount=32

and this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57882895&postcount=34

you can use the stock firmware zgpax s8 or Unova Ironman

the sensors will not work on this we have to work ......

As always, all at your own risk.