U.S. Military Thread!

Search This thread

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
I see alot of member's signature's with Military comments, so I wanted to take a minute to say hello and introduce myself! Some things to clear the air......

1. I was never in a war.
2. I never killed anyone.
3. I was never in Special Ops!
4. I have seen an A1 Abrams Tank, HUGE! (They would not let me play with it!)
5. When I was a member of Division Schools, I signed up for B.U.D. School. My black ass lasted 2 hours before they kicked my ass out!!! (Did get free trip to Hawaii?)
6. I went to Team Sprit in South Korea in 1982. I found that my peepee dont work at 30 below zero!!! Even if you get hooker, your stuck!
7. I tried boxing one year. Round one I beat the crap out of Puerto Rican in Army. Round two, I beat the crap out of him again. Round three, I was too tired to lift my arms, I tried to run the Puerto Rican took a liking to my ribs. I lost!
8. I went to jail twice in Japan. Once, we were all riding in a Duce 1/2 heading to Kadena Air Base and we had bright idea to all try our gas mask. Japaneese PoPo did not like that joke!
9. I did J.E.S.T (Jungle Enviroment Surival Training) in the Phillipines. It took them 6 month of canceellation before they put me in this one week course. I walked the streets of Subic Bay for 6 months! One thing I did learn, If you do not eat for 3 days, everything taste like chicken!
10. Getting around a Aircraft carrier is not as easy as one might think!!

Speaking of Aircraft carrier's, if you seen that movie with Owen Wilson "Behind Enemy Lines" Where that aircraft carrier is out at sea alone, that filiming is BS! You will NEVER see an Aircraft Carrier alone unless it's docked!!! It's pack of support ships, destroyers, sub always leaave first to support it. Same with reverse, That carrier docks first before anyone comes home!

Reactions: moonzbabysh

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
What's up,
SGT. Moonz, reporting.

Wanted to introduce myself too, I was in the Army, Active duty for 7 years (02-09)
I was stationed in Kitzingen, Germany for 3 years then in a NATO unit in Naples, Italy. Was also stationed in Ft Gordon, Georgia and Ft Huachuca, Arizona.
2 combat tours in Bahgdad Iraq.
First tour I was the Lead gunner on my Co. Convoy team, over 300 logged Combat Patrols.
Second tour I was a team leader for my commo team, attached to the 2nd Infantry div. And 10th Mountain div. In tiny J.S.S.'s (joint service stations with Iraqi forces) and C.O.P.'s (combat out posts) in Bahgdad. I don't want to get into all the other stuff but, just wanted to checkin and say Hoooooaah.

MoPhoACTV Initiative

Reactions: my2cents

medic233

Nov 12, 2011
Ghent
I too was in the service. USN from 88 to 92. Torpedo catcher duty(Guided Missile Frigate).
Comical, but I was a journeyman machinist when I got out, and for the last 18 years I have been a Paramedic. Life is strange, but it has been a good ride so far.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
I too was in the service. USN from 88 to 92. Torpedo catcher duty(Guided Missile Frigate).
Comical, but I was a journeyman machinist when I got out, and for the last 18 years I have been a Paramedic. Life is strange, but it has been a good ride so far.

Wanna here a funny Navy joke, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stated the Iran Navy was prepared to attack the U.S. 5th Fleet and shut down the Shipping Stright! I bet that Captin is still laughing.

Almost as funny as the Solmani Pirates that fired on a French Destroyer. The French are still pissing themself over that one.

Any way, welcome!

Reactions: Jasonfnts1

foxsdaddy67

Jun 12, 2010
St. Charles, MO
Google Pixel 6
Sgt Taber here. I was in the army for 10 yrs. was a 26H (air defense radar repairer)
a 24N (Chaparral Missile system mechanic) and a 24T (Patriot Missile system repairer). Spent 5 months in Saudi during desert storm
I've been stationed at Ft Bliss, TX, Ft Lewis, WA, Korea, and Germany

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
I.B.M. 4381 System Programmer. I was supposed to write COBOL, VTAM for VSE but....................

When I got to Okinawa, I was put on Special Duty at Camp Hansen Division Schools. After that, I was supposed to teach COBOL at Quantico, I again got sent to Special Duty at Officer Leadership School. After that, I wanted to do Recruting to get E6 but was shipped off to Special Duty at Public Affairs at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. I guy from my hometown was also a System Programmer, got out and got job making $33,000.00 a year. As soon as my enlistment was up, I got out and got job with Rick!!! $33K in 1987 was serious loot!!

Speaking of Rick, I have to spoken to him in years, but he was System Programmer at the harley-Davision plant on Rt 30 in York, PA.

my2cents

Jul 24, 2010
California
I would personally like to thank all military personnel. We would not live in such a great country without your dedication and heroism. So, THANK YOU!! :)

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
ok so im sure some of my army brothers may have heard of the fobbit song as its all over the net but something ive yet to find online is revenge of the fobbit.... i have the mp3 just didnt know if it was online somewhere available, if not ill upload it :p

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
ok so im sure some of my army brothers may have heard of the fobbit song as its all over the net but something ive yet to find online is revenge of the fobbit.... i have the mp3 just didnt know if it was online somewhere available, if not ill upload it :p

I would definitely like to hear it, lol I have a few battle buddies in mind to send them to. :)
MoPhoACTV Initiative

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
I would personally like to thank all military personnel. We would not live in such a great country without your dedication and heroism. So, THANK YOU!! :)

You're welcome, although I'm sure that as well as most vets, we just did what we did cause we loved it. (And of course, chick's dig uniforms lol jk)

MoPhoACTV Initiative

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Last edited:

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ZS_UxF6Bw

the regular fobbit song ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can listen to it, right click and save as to save it :D

www.holylivingfuck.com/Stuff/bleh/02 The Revenge of The Fobbit.mp3

there is no youtube videos of revenge of the fobbit but i figured if word spread out people might know more about it :p

Thanks, Lmao, that was epic. Now I don't even know if I'm going to send it to my buddies cause of all the shyt I used to give them kidding around, now they have something to fight back with lol.

MoPhoACTV Initiative

my2cents

Jul 24, 2010
California
Your welcome! Im a Marine, but we all kick ass!

I have family in virtually all branches of the service and its fun to sit around a camp fire with them (having a few beers, of course) and listen to some of their stories. Its amazing the things that they have seen and experienced.

My favorite story is the one my grandfather tells about watching the guys raise the flag on Iwo Jima. He as down a little ways on the hillside when it happened and says that it was a pretty powerful experience. He was in the Marines. In fact, they invited him back to Iwo Jima not to long ago to reunite with other Marines that fought there. I don't think there were many of them still alive. To this day he doesn't want to go on a cruise because he says that he has "spent enough time on the damn ocean." :p

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
I have family in virtually all branches of the service and its fun to sit around a camp fire with them (having a few beers, of course) and listen to some of their stories. Its amazing the things that they have seen and experienced.

My favorite story is the one my grandfather tells about watching the guys raise the flag on Iwo Jima. He as down a little ways on the hillside when it happened and says that it was a pretty powerful experience. He was in the Marines. In fact, they invited him back to Iwo Jima not to long ago to reunite with other Marines that fought there. I don't think there were many of them still alive. To this day he doesn't want to go on a cruise because he says that he has "spent enough time on the damn ocean." :p

That was a good story, reminds me of my brother. He'll tell you in a minute, "I'm not getting on no f**king plane!" He was in the Army at Ft. Polk, LA when he chuted out C-130! He will drive from NYC to LA, stright, but he will not fly for notta!

foxsdaddy67

Jun 12, 2010
St. Charles, MO
Google Pixel 6
That's how I am about tents. After all the years of going to the field and 5 months in a tent during desert storm if someone says let's go camping I'm like you'll be going by yourself cuz I'm not getting in a tent!

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

21productionz

Feb 12, 2008
That's how I am about tents. After all the years of going to the field and 5 months in a tent during desert storm if someone says let's go camping I'm like you'll be going by yourself cuz I'm not getting in a tent!

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Sgt Reyna reporting! 11c infantry mortar. Hell yeah fu** a tent. I hate camping. I'll be in the van if you need me.

I learned how to wait for hours and not complain.
I can sweep my broom off.
I can play spades and dominoes like a champ.
I tell my kids "come here YOU! "
I can shoot the wings off a fly! (maybe a little exaggerated)
Been out for almost 8 years and I still can't sleep in unless I go to bed stupid late. (like if I want to wake up at noon I have to go to bed @ 8am or later)
If someone says "get down" loud enough I can hear it I hit the dirt.

It's true, but I joke for the benefit of anyone that has been a grunt.

I grew up in Arizona but the Army raised me. I wouldn't be the member of society I am today if not for the military.

Thank you for the blanket of freedom you provide!

Sent from my MoPho using the XDA Premium app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sgt Taber here. I was in the army for 10 yrs. was a 26H (air defense radar repairer)
    a 24N (Chaparral Missile system mechanic) and a 24T (Patriot Missile system repairer). Spent 5 months in Saudi during desert storm
    I've been stationed at Ft Bliss, TX, Ft Lewis, WA, Korea, and Germany
    I see alot of member's signature's with Military comments, so I wanted to take a minute to say hello and introduce myself! Some things to clear the air......

1. I was never in a war.
    2. I never killed anyone.
    3. I was never in Special Ops!
    4. I have seen an A1 Abrams Tank, HUGE! (They would not let me play with it!)
    5. When I was a member of Division Schools, I signed up for B.U.D. School. My black ass lasted 2 hours before they kicked my ass out!!! (Did get free trip to Hawaii?)
    6. I went to Team Sprit in South Korea in 1982. I found that my peepee dont work at 30 below zero!!! Even if you get hooker, your stuck!
    7. I tried boxing one year. Round one I beat the crap out of Puerto Rican in Army. Round two, I beat the crap out of him again. Round three, I was too tired to lift my arms, I tried to run the Puerto Rican took a liking to my ribs. I lost!
    8. I went to jail twice in Japan. Once, we were all riding in a Duce 1/2 heading to Kadena Air Base and we had bright idea to all try our gas mask. Japaneese PoPo did not like that joke!
    9. I did J.E.S.T (Jungle Enviroment Surival Training) in the Phillipines. It took them 6 month of canceellation before they put me in this one week course. I walked the streets of Subic Bay for 6 months! One thing I did learn, If you do not eat for 3 days, everything taste like chicken!
    10. Getting around a Aircraft carrier is not as easy as one might think!!

Speaking of Aircraft carrier's, if you seen that movie with Owen Wilson "Behind Enemy Lines" Where that aircraft carrier is out at sea alone, that filiming is BS! You will NEVER see an Aircraft Carrier alone unless it's docked!!! It's pack of support ships, destroyers, sub always leaave first to support it. Same with reverse, That carrier docks first before anyone comes home!
    What's up,
    SGT. Moonz, reporting.

Wanted to introduce myself too, I was in the Army, Active duty for 7 years (02-09)
    I was stationed in Kitzingen, Germany for 3 years then in a NATO unit in Naples, Italy. Was also stationed in Ft Gordon, Georgia and Ft Huachuca, Arizona.
    2 combat tours in Bahgdad Iraq.
    First tour I was the Lead gunner on my Co. Convoy team, over 300 logged Combat Patrols.
    Second tour I was a team leader for my commo team, attached to the 2nd Infantry div. And 10th Mountain div. In tiny J.S.S.'s (joint service stations with Iraqi forces) and C.O.P.'s (combat out posts) in Bahgdad. I don't want to get into all the other stuff but, just wanted to checkin and say Hoooooaah.

MoPhoACTV Initiative

Wanna here a funny Navy joke, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stated the Iran Navy was prepared to attack the U.S. 5th Fleet and shut down the Shipping Stright! I bet that Captin is still laughing.

Almost as funny as the Solmani Pirates that fired on a French Destroyer. The French are still pissing themself over that one.

Any way, welcome!