1600.2487.8107.12070 ROM is out

Search This thread

ZeroHour

May 16, 2007
Just got 8107.12070 update on my Lumia 800 in Malaysia (phone is SG SW variant ID264v.01; telco is Maxis; Windows Live account linked to UK Marketplace). No new camera modes as others have said, but there appears to be a huge improvement in battery life as measured by the discharging current (now around 90 mA when idle compared to 150 mA or so when on firmware version 8106.11500).

I take it that was via Zune? If possible can you tell me your product code (nokia care suite required I think)

aslan93

Jan 29, 2012
Krasnodar
i posted this in the other thread as well, just want to see whether nokia are cheating:

Guys what we need to do is to have someone who is able to update using official method through zune, like someone from singapore where its available. Someone should install the diagnostics app on the old firmware BEFORE updating and then after update see whether it displays the current discharge as 150mah like before or 80 like i have on mine(new 12070 fw) its important to see whether nokia just tweaked the diag app to show less or whether it actually halved. I cant do that because mine isnt available right now and if you flash it yourself (not through zune) all apps get deleted.. so have to install the new diag app as well. could someone on the old fw in singapore try this please.
Thanks

VoodooKing

Nov 6, 2010
i posted this in the other thread as well, just want to see whether nokia are cheating:

Guys what we need to do is to have someone who is able to update using official method through zune, like someone from singapore where its available. Someone should install the diagnostics app on the old firmware BEFORE updating and then after update see whether it displays the current discharge as 150mah like before or 80 like i have on mine(new 12070 fw) its important to see whether nokia just tweaked the diag app to show less or whether it actually halved. I cant do that because mine isnt available right now and if you flash it yourself (not through zune) all apps get deleted.. so have to install the new diag app as well. could someone on the old fw in singapore try this please.
Thanks

You can stop that right now because the old diagnostic shows 70-80mAH idle discharge.

MickyMax

Nov 13, 2007
I don't see what could be the purpose of tweaking that... If the battery performance is not better, everybody will see something is wrong!

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
What do you guys saying "80mA drain when idle"? Does this mean idle with screen ON or screen OFF? If this is screen on then that is gonna be spectacular device usage. But if this is idle with screen off, dont most other phones hover around 4-5mA when idle screen off?

VoodooKing

Nov 6, 2010
What do you guys saying "80mA drain when idle"? Does this mean idle with screen ON or screen OFF? If this is screen on then that is gonna be spectacular device usage. But if this is idle with screen off, dont most other phones hover around 4-5mA when idle screen off?

My thoughts too. I believe the idle power consumption with screen off is MUCH lower.

ZeroHour

May 16, 2007
I have updated my phone via the cab method last night.

I fully charged my phone last night before going to bed to test battery life.
In high drain, I am noob that left everything on mode (wifi/3g/bluetooth/2 push email accounts/1 1-hour pull email account/facebook signed in/live signed in/several background apps like whatsapp) I was losing battery at about 10% per hour while sleeping which is not good considering there was no use during that time.

I am going to test tonight with several things off and see what happens then to track down the worst offenders for battery life.

I have several screenshot of battery stats as well to post later.

Bass is improved by still not as chunky as I would like. I did a comparison with an iPhone 4 with identical tracks both lossless and the iPhone 4's bass just sounded a bit meatier so far although higher range seemed better on the nokia.

prjkthack

Jan 4, 2009
Eagan, MN
www.prjkthack.com
Updated, and the battery at does say its draining far less (at idle) than before than update.

Audio output also just sounds MUCH better. Going from almost no bass to a noticeable kick is much better. It just sounds muchhhhh better.

seppe82

Sep 23, 2010
Hi everybody!

I switched back to the old 11501 firmware because a encountered a serious problem with the indian firmware:
When music was playing through headphones and I received a call the music was not muted but put to maximum instead for moment. That totally shocked me. Furthermore, I tried the TuneIn Radio app and it was even worse. Regardless which volume level was used the music output was always at maximum. I don't want to ruin my ears so I'll wait for the official german update.
Did anybody else have the same problem with the indian rom?

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
Hi everybody!

I switched back to the old 11501 firmware because a encountered a serious problem with the indian firmware:
When music was playing through headphones and I received a call the music was not muted but put to maximum instead for moment. That totally shocked me. Furthermore, I tried the TuneIn Radio app and it was even worse. Regardless which volume level was used the music output was always at maximum. I don't want to ruin my ears so I'll wait for the official german update.

Have not noticed this so far. Mostly because I have not been in that situation yet. My guess is though is that if the bug is in the Indian firmware it will be in all the others as well. I could be wrong though. But I don't think different regions will have different bugs? The firmware itself should be the same. Apps and other things can vary of course.

jnr21

Aug 17, 2007
Helsinki
Hi everybody!

Indian roms got sound bugs and nokia removed them. Now indian roms are back in navifirm and i quess it's bug free now.

ZeroHour

May 16, 2007
The ones in Navifirm now are exactly the same size as the 1st release although I have not done a checksum yet.

maxld

Mar 21, 2009
Łódź
Bass is improved by still not as chunky as I would like. I did a comparison with an iPhone 4 with identical tracks both lossless and the iPhone 4's bass just sounded a bit meatier so far although higher range seemed better on the nokia.

Just buy a FIIO E6. I did and with mine AKG K518LE Headphones I cannot believe how good this set plays. Bass is just unbelievable.

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
Hi everybody!

Well what a coincidence. I just took a car ride to my girlfriend. Plugged the phone to the stereo and listened to music with the standard music player.

All of a sudden the music muted and the phone started to ring, music is paused. When I ended the call the music turned back on as expected.

So no I don't have that same audio bug as you although I'm also on the Indian firmware that I flashed a couple of days ago.

Noppes123

Apr 18, 2008
You don't need to use the Indian ROM anyway, just update your phone's firmware with CAB Sender.

Please elaborate. There is no CAB file in the stuff downloaded with NaviFirm+ or Nokia Data Manager...?
EDIT: never mind found the CAB file from the Singapore release

Last edited:

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
No, you have to download it and the installer from the ROM threading in the development/hacking forum.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Top Liked Posts