[Q] Region setting help please

Search This thread

mjn1949

Sep 18, 2010
As a new user of a HD7 I am trying to purchase aps from Market Place but cannot register my credit card details because :-

I'm British living in The Netherlands.
My UK bank / credit cards have my Dutch address as the account address as is normal, but even when I set up the HD7 settings to show Netherlands as my region the Market Place credit card address page always defaults to ENGLAND as the country of address. Hence my cards cannot be recognised.
I need to change the Market Place address to default to Netherlands but it won't

What can I do ???

jhonny

Apr 16, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
hi mjn1949

i think you have to play with region/language under settings
you have region format, system locale and browser/ search language, change settings there, you said you changed region but did you change system locale?

cheers and have a gr8 day

thanks button is next to qoute button

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
not sure if this will work, but... try my app, Market Select.
Market Select allows one to change Marketplace region.
region returns to default with every Soft Reset.
link in my signature.

mjn1949

Sep 18, 2010
Thanks once again. I've copied Htc_Apps.xap to my PC but I am a complete novice a this. Could you guide me through the process please.
Things were so much easier on my HTC HD2 ( WM 6.5 ).

sh4d0w86

Apr 15, 2010
not sure what Htc_Apps.xap is, but it certainly isn't my Market Select app.

you don't know what to do with an XAP file?

hmm. I am guessing you haven't ever unlocked your device, then... if that is the case, you won't be able to sideload XAP files.

if you want to load a Custom ROM to unlock your device, see the tutorial I wrote. link in my signature.