Free DEVICE UNLOCK

Search This thread

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Here's the link : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

Hope this helps with trying to get your device unlock. It's much easier to flash a modem/radio, than it is a Rom...
So now no more having to downgrade to 4.1.1 firmware. Unless the modem downgrade didn't work for you. Which in turn should work!!! ;);)

############################################

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

#############################################

I can confirm the unlock survives ROM flashing

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...you may or may not leave that sim card on the phone while unlocking

Quote:
Unlock your N7105:

Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

If your missing the option 4 from the menu, then Go backnto an earlier 4.1.1 on the t mobile version i did cuz the newest didnt show option 4
Try novembers releas that worked foe me http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1969551
========================================

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

NOTICE:

Can comfirm working flawlessly on my Note2 and At&T S3..:cool:

Last edited:

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
If anyone gets this to work please let me know. Just curious is all thanx... :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

westkhalifa13

Dec 11, 2012
I was able to unlock my tmobile note 2 with this hidden menu option thanks to drippler.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Reactions: Bajanman

sunglint

Feb 18, 2008
Houston
Worked on my USA T-Mobile running Jedi-XX, BUT I had to do one more step. After I booted and tried another (AT&T) SIM then shutdown and put my T-Mobile sim back in, it booted with the text "SAFE MODE" in the lower left corner. This made me think that leaving the SHA256 off may be the issue, so I went back into the network lock menu, turned the SHA256 back on, checked it was on with SHA256 INFO, then rebooted. Now I can swap AT&T and T-Mobile without safe mode.

OOPS - might not be an issue. I researched and found that Safe Mode is booting with all downloaded apps disabled, and to get into it you continuously tap the menu key during bootup. Reboot to get out of safe mode.
In either case turning the SHA256 back on didnt seem to hurt the unlock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bajanman

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Worked on my USA T-Mobile running Jedi-XX, BUT I had to do one more step. After I booted and tried another (AT&T) SIM then shutdown and put my T-Mobile sim back in, it booted with the text "SAFE MODE" in the lower left corner. This made me think that leaving the SHA256 off may be the issue, so I went back into the network lock menu, turned the SHA256 back on, checked it was on with SHA256 INFO, then rebooted. Now I can swap AT&T and T-Mobile without safe mode.

Thanx for that info! It's because my buddy had been having problem's with his. Well I should say a few of them. A couple have got there's unlocked, but one of them can't get it to work right. Thinking it's user error. Lol :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

jhepoy

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego
Works

This method worked, but I was using VALL4 modem, so I flashed VALK8 first, perform the unlock, reboot, confirmed that I can used different SIM, then flashed VALL4 again, confirmed that phone is still unlocked.

Dec 4, 2011
Tried this on my note2 in the UK and when I type in the code I manage to get into the secret menu but I dont get the same options as shown.. (1) isn't the same option... anyone else experienced this...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Ok if you tried it and all of the menu setting was not there you may have to downgrade back to 4.1.1. In order to get all the menu setting there needed to unlock the device.

Reactions: robin-of-nottingham
Dec 4, 2011
Ok if you tried it and all of the menu setting was not there you may have to downgrade back to 4.1.1. In order to get all the menu setting there needed to unlock the device.

Maybe as im currently running on omega v12 custom rom..

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Maybe as im currently running on omega v12 custom rom..

Well I just unlocked my buddies TMO note 2. Just by downgrading to the first software release that the phone came out with. And all the options were there. Then flashed a custom Rom after that. He's as happy as a kid in a candy store w/a pocket of money. :D:D lol
Everything is good now.

losplatanos

Oct 22, 2007
dont know where i went wrong but now i dont have service....now i have to wait to get home and do a odin back to stock and see if that works

i try going back to menu and clicking on, on ...but nothing :eek:

t889

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
dont know where i went wrong but now i dont have service....now i have to wait to get home and do a odin back to stock and see if that works

i try going back to menu and clicking on, on ...but nothing :eek:

t889

You have to b careful on what you hit when your in that menu:eek:.. If your trying to unlock your phone! If you have a back up on your SD card you can just restore that so you can have service till u get home..

losplatanos

Oct 22, 2007
oh boy did i screw up, nandroid back up did not work, phone can not register on network, flash the modem again and nothing, wipe, fix permision

i think am cry i only had the phone for about 10 days

hoping that odin will fix it in a couple of hours

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
oh boy did i screw up, nandroid back up did not work, phone can not register on network, flash the modem again and nothing, wipe, fix permision

i think am cry i only had the phone for about 10 days

hoping that odin will fix it in a couple of hours

What exactly did you hit on that menu, when you were trying to unlock it #1?:confused::confused:

And when u tried to restore it, did you wipe both caches C/D? #2
But just to let you know, you have nothing to worry about! Because you can Odin back to stock when u get home. Was just trying to get you back up and running right away!..

But I'm thinking you hit something in there that changed your signal setting out the radio! I'm going to go into the setting and see if there's a default setting you can revert back to!

losplatanos

Oct 22, 2007
What exactly did you hit on that menu, when you were trying to unlock it #1?:confused::confused:

And when u tried to restore it, did you wipe both caches C/D? #2
But just to let you know, you have nothing to worry about! Because you can Odin back to stock when u get home. Was just trying to get you back up and running right away!..

But I'm thinking you hit something in there that changed your signal setting out the radio! I'm going to go into the setting and see if there's a default setting you can revert back to!

wipe everything and factory reset... still not working

install stock.....it says can't register on network

any ideas?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the link : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

Hope this helps with trying to get your device unlock. It's much easier to flash a modem/radio, than it is a Rom...
    So now no more having to downgrade to 4.1.1 firmware. Unless the modem downgrade didn't work for you. Which in turn should work!!! ;);)

############################################

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

I can confirm the unlock survives ROM flashing

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...you may or may not leave that sim card on the phone while unlocking

Quote:
    Unlock your N7105:

Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

If your missing the option 4 from the menu, then Go backnto an earlier 4.1.1 on the t mobile version i did cuz the newest didnt show option 4
    Try novembers releas that worked foe me http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1969551

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

NOTICE:

Can comfirm working flawlessly on my Note2 and At&T S3..:cool:
    Nope. Only on 4.1 tw roms with 4.1 modems. You could try it on one of the 4.1.1 roms.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Confirmed it works on 4.3! All you need is to downgrade your modem to LJ1, do the trick, verify it's unlocked by using a SIM card from another carrier, then re-flash back to the latest MK7 modem.
    Not with LL4 ROM.
    I tried it.
    I was able to unlock my tmobile note 2 with this hidden menu option thanks to drippler.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
    I'm new but have been reading through thread after thread. I brought a Samsung Note 2 (T-mobile) but I use AT&T. I have try the Unlock but I'm missing the last step. I understand I need to downgrade (from 4.1.2 to 4.1.1). I'm looking for a post or something that has step by step of how to downgrade my phone. I thought I found one last night but my laptop died and I was unable to find it again today. :confused:

Anyone that will take the time to help me, I would Really Appreciate it.. :fingers-crossed:

How to unlock your phone from 4.3:

1. Install saferoot using this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50115986&highlight=safestrap#post50115986

2. Install mobile odin/pro, or download pc odin, (i used mobile odin so i will provide instructions for that method, since im not sure which buttons to use on pc odin.)

3. Download a 4.1.1 modem:
    a) For the US note 2 (T889) go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2102380
    b) For the Canadian note 2 (T889V) go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2061031

4. Extract the modem zip you just downloaded to a folder in your phones storage, open mobile odin, press "modem" navigate to said folder and select the "modem.bin" file. Now scroll down the mobile odin menu and choose flash firmware.

5. Reboot the phone and follow this unlock guide in the original post of this thread.

6. (Optional) Flash your modem back to 4.3 by flashing an odin flashable 4.3 stock rom for your phone, i forget which post i found mine in, but i have a rooted stock wind mobile 4.3 rom. I have yet to flash it and confirm that this final step works, but afaik the rom should contain a modem.bin, so it should in theory upgrade your modem back to 4.3. I will post a list of stock rooted 4.3 roms if i come across one again.