[Q] Nexus 5 Revised version ?

Search This thread

yzak58

Oct 2, 2011
Trivandrum
How can I really be sure that the Nex5 I am going to buy will have the tighter power button and larger speaker grills?

Does the serial number matter?
Because I've read that some of the phones with 312k serial numbers have the tighter buttons and larger speaker grills, but some people say that their 312k phones look the same as the original 310k models.

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
How can I really be sure that the Nex5 I am going to buy will have the tighter power button and larger speaker grills?

Because I've read that some of the phones with 312k serial numbers have the tighter buttons and larger speaker grills, but some people say that their 312k phones look the same as the original 310k models.

Get a case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013

My original 310K has some backlight bleed if you really look for it only appears in very dark dark movie scenes
and buttons don't rattle and is tight but

Its just a manufacturing tolerance as stated by another XDA member. If you buy a brand spanking new device from google play and or a carrier you most likely get the newest one.

Reactions: yzak58

yzak58

Oct 2, 2011
Trivandrum
My original 310K has some backlight bleed if you really look for it only appears in very dark dark movie scenes

Its just a manufacturing tolerance as stated by another XDA member. If you buy a brand spanking new device from google play and or a carrier you most likely get the newest one.

So you're saying that there is no fool-proof way to find out whether the device has got a loose buttons or not without opening the box...

But buying a phone with the latest serial number is the best practice as it would improve my chances of getting a revised version.

Last edited:

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
So you're saying that there is no fool-proof way to find out whether the device has got a loose buttons or not without opening the box...

But buying a phone with the latest serial number is the best practice as it would improve my chances of getting a revised version.

There is no 'revision'. If you are put off by a loose button, either fix it yourself, or choose another phone. Mine is loose, but doesn't rattle at all...I NEVER notice its loose in my Diztronic (thin) case, which has protected me from more than a dozen drops.

Reactions: yzak58

yzak58

Oct 2, 2011
Trivandrum
There is no 'revision'. If you are put off by a loose button, either fix it yourself, or choose another phone. Mine is loose, but doesn't rattle at all...I NEVER notice its loose in my Diztronic (thin) case, which has protected me from more than a dozen drops.

Yeah there is no actual revision (every single Nexus 5 out there is rev11)
BTW, how can I fix it myself?
Your's doesn't rattle? Awesome :good:

But my friend's Nexus 5 (310K) rattles all the time, even when he types in something!!!
Even a slight movement of the phone is enough to make the switch rattle.

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Yeah there is no actual revision (every single Nexus 5 out there is rev11)
BTW, how can I fix it myself?
Your's doesn't rattle? Awesome :good:

But my friend's Nexus 5 (310K) rattles all the time, even when he types in something!!!
Even a slight movement of the phone is enough to make the switch rattle.

Yep..we've had several claim the button is so loose that lightly tapping causes rattle and noticeable vibration. A slim piece of cardstock (like a business card) behind the ceramic button cures it... carefully remove the back cover, insert the sliver of cardstock, replace cover, enjoy.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

I Love everything about the HTC one but sense and thats why I got a Nexus

I entertained the idea of the Max...for a few minutes. ;)

yzak58

Oct 2, 2011
Trivandrum
Yep..we've had several claim the button is so loose that lightly tapping causes rattle and noticeable vibration. A slim piece of cardstock (like a business card) behind the ceramic button cures it... carefully remove the back cover, insert the sliver of cardstock, replace cover, enjoy.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

I entertained the idea of the Max...for a few minutes. ;)

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok, I'll consider buying a tpu case. :D
    But what about the small speaker grill issue?

It is still an 'issue' for some.

And I asked for a way to spot a good device, not a way to resolve the problems.

It is hit or miss. There are solutions, but you seek reassurance that doesn't exist, rather than solutions.
    Ok, I'll consider buying a tpu case. :D
    But what about the small speaker grill issue?

And I asked for a way to spot a good device, not a way to resolve the problems.

The speaker on my Nexus 5 is okay but not as good as a iPhone 4 and or a HTC one
    N5 owners have HTC One speaker envy.

I Love everything about the HTC one but sense and thats why I got a Nexus