Return HTC Desire To Stock

Search This thread

SoundGuy_025

I previously unlocked the bootloader on my HTC Desire C 4.0.3 (2.00.841.2).

I relocked the bootloader and it now says relocked. I update is available 2.00.841.4 but when I try and install it, it downloads it fine but when it restarts it boots into htc recovery. It did have cwm recovery installed but just left it and relocked the bootloader.

I found a RUU, RUU_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_2.36.605.1_release_signed_with_driver, but the update is 2.00.841.4 and this one is much later, not sure if it is correct?. Do I have to turn security off?

version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.31.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.10.98.15
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.00.841.2
product: golfu
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7225A
(bootloader) modelid: PL0115000
(bootloader) cidnum: TELST001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4186mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: HTC
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e118df77
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 12
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Last edited:

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
You will have to unlock the bootloader again to be able to flash the ROM.... there's a few postings with links and how to's in the General & QA forums ....just read one not 2 mins ago ;)

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C

Reactions: SoundGuy_025

SoundGuy_025

You will have to unlock the bootloader again to be able to flash the ROM.... there's a few postings with links and how to's in the General & QA forums ....just read one not 2 mins ago ;)

So will that rom be ok to use do you think, considering this is a Telstra branded phone?

I just went to the HTC Dev website to look at the unlocking the bootloader again, only this time it says I need to install the ruu, the Telstra WWE is there, but the model number id is different.

Last edited:

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Not sure if it would update, mail them what you posted here they'll probably be able to say if it will or not and maybe how to as well.

Part of problem flashing RUU can be hboot as all I've seen in them is v1.28 and not 1.31.
If they're no help I'm sure we can find a way round it ;)

SoundGuy_025

Not sure if it would update, mail them what you posted here they'll probably be able to say if it will or not and maybe how to as well.

Part of problem flashing RUU can be hboot as all I've seen in them is v1.28 and not 1.31.
If they're no help I'm sure we can find a way round it ;)

I sent them a email, but I'm not sure wether they will help me because I noticed on the website for unlocking the bootloader it says,"Please understand that you will not be able to return your device to the original state"

Have you successfully returned your desire c to locked state, and is flashing the ruu the way to do it?

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
I think all that is meant by that is hboot will show it has been 'unlocked' and will show it has been 'relocked' it won't show 'locked' as it was originally, if they don't reply check a couple of the other threads in General & Q&A for unlocking and flashing, if there's no joy in it we can go from there to get it to flash ;)

Better to try the usual ways before altering anything to try and get it to work ;)

SoundGuy_025

I think all that is meant by that is hboot will show it has been 'unlocked' and will show it has been 'relocked' it won't show 'locked' as it was originally, if they don't reply check a couple of the other threads in General & Q&A for unlocking and flashing, if there's no joy in it we can go from there to get it to flash ;)

Better to try the usual ways before altering anything to try and get it to work ;)

I got an email from HTC, they said:

"With regard to your concern, you may need to send the phone back to the store or place where it was purchased to have it locked again and to reinstall the original software. On the other hand, you may install a custom software provided on HTCDev.com website. However, we are unable to guarantee if the status will change to “lock” again and if it is compatible with the phone.

You may go to this link http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads to view the available software and supported devices.

If you would like to change the status to lock and would like to reinstall the original software, we suggest contacting your retailer or their authorized service center to have the handset properly assess."

i went to the downloads page and searched telstra and htc desire c and there is a WWE kernel there that is the same version as what is already on there, but it is not a RUU. Does the kernel come with all the gapps?

I also went to this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2035480, where he says,"NOTE: After you're done these steps, your bootloader will say ***RELOCKED*** it is impossible to get it back to ***LOCKED*** once you've unlocked the bootloader."

So after unlocking the bootloader OTA updates will never work again?.

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
I think someone had managed to get OTA updates working on the stock after relocking. I guess if you flash the stock kernel and recovery it might work. Also, there isn't much point in OTA updates because I don't think HTC will actually send a major update

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
The Locked/Relocked status just shows it has been unlocked, you should be able to Unlock and Relock again if you like, it is just that it will not revert to a Locked status only Relocked will show ;)

SoundGuy_025

Yeah, but the problem is in the relocked status it won't update. The files I got from the htc website are a little wierd not too sure how to flash them or if its part of boot.img or recovery.img.

Its a tar.gz file and inside there is folders that look unfamiliar. http://www.imagebam.com/image/78acde314339600 What is it and how do I flash it?

It came in a zip file but flashing through recovery doesn't work.

I am following these other threads, where they seemed to get OTA to work. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51075182 but I can't download the zip file because the website is blocked by my security.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.