Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
T999 JB 4.3 update - UVUENC2 Firmware

Samsung And T-Mobile have released the next update UVUENC2 for SGH-T999.

EDIT - @mrRobinson has a Root66 version of UVUENC2. That version is KNOX Free. So my recommendation is to visit his thread and using that firmware instead.

WARNING - The following steps are only for those who had accepted the previous 4.3 Update UVUEMJC or flashed it from Root66 thread.

Essentially with the newer updates to the Odin, version 3.09 makes the process pretty easy to those who are familiar. This does work even if you have custom Rom and Custom Recovery. Both of which will be destructively replaced by the new firmware. So take a Nandroid!!! Those with Stock firmware UVUEMJC, please take a Titanium Backup of all the essential stuff to external SD. You have been warned.

1. Obtain the Stock update UVUENC2 from SamMobile Link.
2. Download the CF-AutoRoot zip file for D2TMO by @Chainfire.
3. Obtain Odin 3.09 from here. Do not run Odin.
4. Take a backup of important stuff and put the phone in Download Mode.
5. Connect the phone to the PC and let the drivers install if not installed already.
6. Execute Odin as System Admin and then choose the Stock Firmware as AP (AKA PDA in prior versions).
7. Make sure F. Reset Time Option is Checked but Auto Reboot option is unchecked.
8. Complete the Odin flash process.
9 Once that's successful, make sure the phone is still in Download mode.
10. Again Click AP (AKA PDA) and choose the CF-AutoRoot zip previously downloaded.
11. Make sure F. Reset Time Option is Checked but Auto Reboot option is unchecked.
12. Complete the Odin Flash process.
13. When it is successful, Disconncect the phone and pull the Battery. Boot the phone to Stock Recovery and wipe Cache as well as Dalvik if there's an option for Dalvik. (My Phone does not have stock so don't remember)
14. Let the phone boot normally and enjoy Rooted Stock update. Profit !

You can use Root Checker App from Play store to confirm Root. If for some reason it failed, update the binaries of the Super user app. Upon launching that app, it may prompt for the same.

CREDIT - Nasirtech Tutorial from over here.

Last edited:

Synthetic.Nightmare

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: pp085ster

jmberumenb

Dec 31, 2007
El Paso
Totally agree

Is very frustrating dont have ROOT on T999UVUENC2.

My T999 was updated from 4.1.2 to 4.3 T999UVUENC2 directly and was a big mistake I alredy loose my root and cant instal CM11 by any way since I cant disable KNOX.

Heeeelp

Last edited:

pp085ster

Sep 5, 2010
Santa Cruz
Google Pixel 7
Care to try this out for me?
It's the UVUENC2 boot.img & kernel modules: UVUENC2 boot.img

Okay so first of all the zip file gave me an assert failed (error 7, something about writing raw file to block7) but i got round that. Second of all wifi works like a charm now but, third of all, SELinux is set to enforcing instead of permissive.

Care for a fix? :D haha

Synthetic.Nightmare

Mar 29, 2011
Okay so first of all the zip file gave me an assert failed (error 7, something about writing raw file to block7) but i got round that. Second of all wifi works like a charm now but, third of all, SELinux is set to enforcing instead of permissive.

Care for a fix? :D haha

I'll check it out. I basically just merged a 4.3 TW install script with what I use for harkness, didn't test since I tend to stick to aosp. I think I might know what I forgot to change though. Would you mind telling me the last thing the installer says (I.e. "installing modules..."), just to help me be sure?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pp085ster

pp085ster

Sep 5, 2010
Santa Cruz
Google Pixel 7
I'll check it out. I basically just merged a 4.3 TW install script with what I use for harkness, didn't test since I tend to stick to aosp. I think I might know what I forgot to change though. Would you mind telling me the last thing the installer says (I.e. "installing modules..."), just to help me be sure?

It installs the modules but then gets stuck at extracting boot.img. The exact error is:
assert failed: write_raw_image("/cache/boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7")
Does that help? :good:

Reactions: Synthetic.Nightmare

Synthetic.Nightmare

Mar 29, 2011
Yes. That's exactly what I needed.
Went ahead and decided to just go ahead and install TW for some time just to get it working right.
This one should work. Tested and tried on the latest DanDroid.
I've repacked the ramdisk so that androidboot.selinux=permissive (you can check this via terminal by entering
cat /proc/cmdline
after "su"...without quotes), though the settings still seem to show selinux as enforcing.
[LINK REMOVED FOR ANYONE DIRECTED HERE]

EDIT:
Latest T999 boot.img with selinux permissive and init.d support by @enewman17
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v57ka148accbky8/T999_UVUENC2_boot-img_init.d.zip

Last edited:

spepper

Apr 28, 2008
problem with UVUENC2 update

I am on T Mobile, and received the UVUENC2 update on my SGH-T999 Samsung Galaxy SIII. But I believe that resulted in my S3's wifi radio becoming unstable-- on multiple hotspot sites (including my very reliable SSID at home), it is regularly reporting that is disconnected due to "the internet connection on this wifi site is unstable/slow" when in fact, I know that is not the case, at all. What I have to do now to correct this temporarily, is to restart my S3. But it will eventually repeat this annoying (and erroneous) "unstable/slow" wifi error reporting & disconnection. Just thought I would pass this along, since I noticed this problem with mine, specifically and only after I got this update-- the wifi connection on my S3 was working fine historically, til then. :(

zhinkk

Feb 15, 2014
I updated to 4.3 UVUENC2 from the OTA upgrade I got from tmobile, but I can't flash a root66 version of this because it's not released yet.

My question is, I thought you couldn't just use CF-Auto-Root with a knox-enabled firmware? I thought the root wouldn't stick? Or am I misinformed?

I'm debating whether I should wait for root66 of UVUENC2 or just do your method...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T999 JB 4.3 update - UVUENC2 Firmware

Samsung And T-Mobile have released the next update UVUENC2 for SGH-T999.

EDIT - @mrRobinson has a Root66 version of UVUENC2. That version is KNOX Free. So my recommendation is to visit his thread and using that firmware instead.

WARNING - The following steps are only for those who had accepted the previous 4.3 Update UVUEMJC or flashed it from Root66 thread.

Essentially with the newer updates to the Odin, version 3.09 makes the process pretty easy to those who are familiar. This does work even if you have custom Rom and Custom Recovery. Both of which will be destructively replaced by the new firmware. So take a Nandroid!!! Those with Stock firmware UVUEMJC, please take a Titanium Backup of all the essential stuff to external SD. You have been warned.

1. Obtain the Stock update UVUENC2 from SamMobile Link.
    2. Download the CF-AutoRoot zip file for D2TMO by @Chainfire.
    3. Obtain Odin 3.09 from here. Do not run Odin.
    4. Take a backup of important stuff and put the phone in Download Mode.
    5. Connect the phone to the PC and let the drivers install if not installed already.
    6. Execute Odin as System Admin and then choose the Stock Firmware as AP (AKA PDA in prior versions).
    7. Make sure F. Reset Time Option is Checked but Auto Reboot option is unchecked.
    8. Complete the Odin flash process.
    9 Once that's successful, make sure the phone is still in Download mode.
    10. Again Click AP (AKA PDA) and choose the CF-AutoRoot zip previously downloaded.
    11. Make sure F. Reset Time Option is Checked but Auto Reboot option is unchecked.
    12. Complete the Odin Flash process.
    13. When it is successful, Disconncect the phone and pull the Battery. Boot the phone to Stock Recovery and wipe Cache as well as Dalvik if there's an option for Dalvik. (My Phone does not have stock so don't remember)
    14. Let the phone boot normally and enjoy Rooted Stock update. Profit !

You can use Root Checker App from Play store to confirm Root. If for some reason it failed, update the binaries of the Super user app. Upon launching that app, it may prompt for the same.

CREDIT - Nasirtech Tutorial from over here.
    Yes. That's exactly what I needed.
    Went ahead and decided to just go ahead and install TW for some time just to get it working right.
    This one should work. Tested and tried on the latest DanDroid.
    I've repacked the ramdisk so that androidboot.selinux=permissive (you can check this via terminal by entering
    cat /proc/cmdline
    after "su"...without quotes), though the settings still seem to show selinux as enforcing.
    [LINK REMOVED FOR ANYONE DIRECTED HERE]

EDIT:
    Latest T999 boot.img with selinux permissive and init.d support by @enewman17
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/v57ka148accbky8/T999_UVUENC2_boot-img_init.d.zip
    @Perseus71
    Just a suggestion, but you might consider updating the OP to link to mrRobinsons root66 firmware since its out now and already has knox removed. Id also consider linking to my firmware thread rather than (or in addition to) sammobile. Downloading from there should prove to be a much faster option. Like I said though, just a suggestion. Thanks!

Everything you need should be in this forum. Each root method should have instructions in the op. Also check the sticky threads. If you are comfortable with odin, try root66. Firmware and link to original thread can be found in my firmware thread. Link in sig.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yes There is. @Synthetic.Nightmare Posted in this post.