[Q] GSM phone to run on CDMA network

Search This thread

thetruejayj

Mar 31, 2014
Hola Comrades,
it's my spring break and i thought i'd start a project to keep me busy.

I purchased a Sony Xperia Z - unlocked, and I'd like to figure out what I need to make it work on my boost mobile network.
I'm new so i dont have much except for time. would you know what I need to start to make this dream come true?

-cheers

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Hola Comrades,

I purchased a Sony Xperia Z - unlocked, and I'd like to figure out what I need to make it work on my boost mobile network.
I'm new so i dont have much except for time. would you know what I need to start to make this dream come true?

-cheers

for all i know you would need to take apart the phone and possibly change the components on the mainboard, which would be quite a difficult task ;S

Reactions: thetruejayj

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Do you think if i ripped out the old assembly from my original phone and inserted into the xperia, it would work?

I highly doubt it. even if you did manage to piece it together, you would have to make kernel modifications yourself to compensate for the unorignal hardware. not saying it is impossible, but it will be A LOT of work. Also, i don't think anyone else has done this before, so you will have to think and design everything yourself!

G

GuestK00328

Unless I'm mistaken, can't you go into the phone and type *#*#4636#*#* > Phone information, then change the network type?

romeokk

Feb 19, 2009
I dont have any suggestion with Xperia Z. However, Xperia Z1 has SOL23 variant sold by "au" in Japan that has CDMA radio. I saw some unlock SOL23 being sold on the internet. If you get this device, you may have to modify only software related stuffs (since unlock ones have only GSM/LTE unlocked, not CDMA).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hola Comrades,

-cheers

for all i know you would need to take apart the phone and possibly change the components on the mainboard, which would be quite a difficult task ;S