[Q] Salsa touch response works weird while charging

Search This thread

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
Hi,
I have this strange problem happening since yesterday on my brand new Salsa. When I put it on charging and leave it on a wooden table, the touch screen responds weird to my touch. The ring lock will not open all the way or shortcuts will work weird. The soft keys at the bottom too go absurd not responding or giving different options.
If I pick the handset (probably providing grounding), everything works normal thereafter. I'm using only the original charger provided with handset.
Additionally even the sound into my car's auxillary port is behaving as weird filtering or dimming the vocal frequencies but allowing the music to get through.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Only incident to have caused this I guess is when the sales guy I went to plugged the phone onto a blackberry charger yesterday for a few seconds.
Could it have caused some damage to some internal part - diode or something that is leaking AC voltage onto the capacitive screen ? Can I have it repaired at HTC ?

Since it's not even a week old, I'm too distressed about the weirdness. PLEASE HELP!

gdavies08

Mar 14, 2008
does seem like it could of done some damage as blackberry's do take a lot more juice than the salsa, personally i would take it back and tell them about the problems you have had only since the dude abused the phone lol

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
I will surely be taking it back but want to confirm if its the problem with the phone or charger, because I do not see this problem when I charge from my laptops USB.
And I want to know what it is before I take it to them. Its much safer to find the problem and tell them rather than allowing them to figure it out themselves and in turn damage something else.

Thanks

gdavies08

Mar 14, 2008
your laptop will deal 5v 1a max before the computer will cut off the usb supply due to risk of overload, new blackberry chargers deal a lot more than that due to the juice the device needs to charge, almost like different laptop chargers the difference in the supply would kill your laptop, i don't have any problems with my device regardless of surface it is resting on.

Akinawa32

Nov 4, 2011
I have the same problem

I have the same problem, but it was observed from the time of purchase. So do not worry and take the phone in hand))

Last edited:

umesh

Oct 16, 2006
Resolved

With some searching I resolved this problem or I can say I at least know why this is happening.
It is the charger that is faulty and not the handset. I changed it with another HTC charger I had and the problem disappeared. I figured the most logical explanation is what I read in one of the post elsewhere in this forum.

The charger could be faulty to be leaking some AC voltage along with the charging DC juice. This leaked voltage interferes with the sensitive capacitive touch screen. If we hold the handset in hand, we are providing a natural grounding and hence the problem disappears.

I personally would not like this to continue and so I'm going to take it back to my vendor for replacing the charger or if the need be, buy a new one.

amansaxenas

Oct 28, 2012
This problem occurs when your charger supplies more power than required by the phone to charge.The only solution for your prolem is changing your charger.

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using xda premium

theschneidi

Jun 26, 2012
I had once another problem, that my Salsa overheated (red-green blinking) when I charged it and my Wifi was on. Maybe a background-process could be responsible.