Do NOT post threads asking which the best ROM or kernel is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Honestly though, Omega v27 is the beast of all ROMs and the stats prove it.
Personally, I always use stock but over 4 million thread visits impressive.

^^This^^ is exactly why this thread was created by graffixnyc. The best statistics that this guy can provide is four million hits. In that sense you would assume that andreilux's kernel is the worst one?
3yne3uby.jpg

☞ sent from GS3 or Nexus

Last edited:

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere
^^^^^^ I can only sit back and laugh at the audacity of someone posting such an invalid reason as to why a Rom is best.....in a thread created by a mod in order to stamp out best Rom threads! I do agree that this is a perfect reason to not have best Rom threads.

I do however still agree with AndreiLuxs utopian idea, simply because, like him,I am ever hopeful that these things can succeed.

If the OP of the thread where to contain instructions on what was acceptable to post, with a stern warning about what was acceptable, and the penalty for not complying.....then I would personally be quite happy to keep a regular eye on proceedings and report back if things go amiss.

However, this may, possibly inevitably, lead to an increase in workload for the mods that they may not need or want!

DeadSOL

May 8, 2011
ha ha, someone recently recommended me for RC status, not something I even realised I could apply for, but was most welcome, as a compliment if nothing else!

Honest,I didn't do it! :D

Well, mate, you honestly deserve it! Look at the number of likes you have! That's more than what some developers have!!! :D

Not that "thanks" are the sole reason of judgement. Everybody likes you and you never lose your calm. You'd be perfect for moderation! :highfive:

Reactions: slaphead20

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Well, mate, you honestly deserve it! Look at the number of likes you have! That's more than what some developers have!!! :D

Not that "thanks" are the sole reason of judgement. Everybody likes you and you never lose your calm. You'd be perfect for moderation! :highfive:

So. He's a better RC cause of the likes he has? (yes, I just did)

So, then Rom B is not better from the views?

I'm simply stating the obvious hilarity in this entire discussion. You guys have made a silly thread in to the most intelligent, intellectual, mature discussion I've ever seen about a thread creating issue. Love it, honestly.

Really. I bet you. If they didn't bother to search, read, or edumacate themselves to begin with, what makes you think they will find that thread?

To be honest, it doesn't matter what Rom A does over Rom B for the most part. Its the thread and the people who are in it that can sometimes ultimately make a ROM what it is. (TPR is an example) Perhaps a thread with screen shots, and features list w/ links might help, because one thing is for certain, YMMV in these situations.

Sent from the Mars Rover.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

One more thing. Reading some of slap's post on here and in this thread, definitely qualified for RC imho.

DeadSOL

May 8, 2011
So. He's a better RC cause of the likes he has? (yes, I just did)

Please read my entire comment instead of taking things out of context:

Not that "thanks" are the sole reason of judgement. -That's what I also said in the same comment.

So, then Rom B is not better from the views?

I'm simply stating the obvious hilarity in this entire discussion. You guys have made a silly thread in to the most intelligent, intellectual, mature discussion I've ever seen about a thread creating issue. Love it, honestly.

Judging from this, I guess you meant no offense so... It's all cool, man. :highfive:

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
I meant no offense. My sarcasm sometimea gets in the way of humor. Apologies if I came off that way. May have been a bad attempt at humor using the 'Rom A/Person with Likes is better than Rom B/Person with not as many likes'.

You guys do need to realize that no matter what thread rules or one that you create, the massive influx of users Samsung has managed to gain in the Android space (20+ million?) and the ever so fast pace of popularity of XDA as the GOTO site, the # of passerbys or people seeking a quick solution without effort, of which a lot have never participated in a 'community oriented forum' will still post these questions.

'What is the best Rom?'

'What is the best way to root?'

'Where can I get wifi hotspothack?'

And my personal favorite.

'When will you release it?'

:eek:

AbuYahya

Jan 25, 2005
Redmi Note 9
Single thread

maybe if we had a single thread where every one who wished to discuss

"Your Favourite ROM, mod, kernel, underwear etc Thread"

and all requests would go there!

it would keep it tidy, and the rest of us could ignore it!

EDIT
sorry just read some of the earlier posts. ---this has already been suggested

Last edited:

gibazzz

Sep 20, 2012
i used to own an i9000 and now i have upgraded to an i9300.

something's got me puzzled, why isn't the cm10 rom not as followed,downloaded,appreciated for the i9300 as for the i9000?

DeadSOL

May 8, 2011
i used to own an i9000 and now i have upgraded to an i9300.

something's got me puzzled, why isn't the cm10 rom not as followed,downloaded,appreciated for the i9300 as for the i9000?

Haha. That's because the I9000 is stuck on Gingerbread. We already have Ice-Cream Sandwich and Jellybean. :p

Don't get me wrong, though. Cyanogenmod is the BEST thing to happen to Android. :)

gibazzz

Sep 20, 2012
true but from what i saw by reading a couple of threads that cm10 is not even out of the top 10 roms for the sgs3

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

for the record, i'm stuck on ics and actually some things are faster on my cm10 running sgs than on stock sgs3.

example: opening the contacts app which lags as hell on the sgs3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I understand the moral conundrum in saying that A is better than thing B, such things are not subjective but can be substantiated through facts. You can disallow saying that one or the other is better with idiotic posts "because lolz its awesome", but any other comparison is empiric and valid. The one and only thing this does not apply is aesthetics of themes.

Please stop the stupefying XDA as a community for the sake of political correctness with such half though-through policies, it's destroying this site as a real resource.
    Guys,
    There has been so many "Which is the best ROM?" and "Which is the best kernel?" threads lately.

This is a reminder.. these kind of threads are NOT allowed.

Why are they not allowed? Well because that the best rom and kernel for me might be the worst for someone else. It's subjective. It's like asking who the hottest girl in the world is. Or which sports car is the best. If you ask 100 people you will get 100 different answers.

The best advice is to try them all and figure out which one is best for YOU and YOUR needs. Not based on what's best for someone else.

I have just been closing these threads but I'm going to start to hand out official warnings if it continues.
    I don't see the problem as asking is A better than B .
    The problem is ten posts a day every day of the week asking the exact same question does this forum no good at all .

In that respect why not a specific whats the best rom only thread for all such posts .
    But to be honest i don't believe that will stop the multiple whats the best posts .

jje
    Solution:
    An acceptable alternative would be a "ROM Comparison Thread" - but that will just become convoluted.
    This. Do this single thing in a substantive and quality manner and sticky it, let it be editorialized, and you have your problem gone.

Ever since this forum opened every single comparison thread has been bombarded with posts complaining the thread goes against the rules, rather than there being any kind of problem with the thread content itself, that's why it devolves into a cluster-**** and the moderators get that many reports. 8 out of 10 posts are about people bashing on the OP for being an idiot because he's "going against the rule". The rule itself is causing more problems than the people asking these questions in the first place.

Comparing ROMs is relatively useless because I dare say there isn't one person in this entire XDA community that has their device setup EXACTLY like yours (ROM, KERNEL, Apps, etc.). So because of that the comparisons become subjective and usually someone tries to grow their epeen and then it becomes null and void.
    Because you're doing a subjective comparison again. A objective comparison is saying:

ROM A has these and these features, those features bring advantage X and Y.
    Kernel 1 has feature Z and therefore is more battery efficient than kernels who don't have Z.

I don't understand why this is so hard to do. Educate the masses.
    AndreiLux, honestly, who the hell cares?
    Is that question for real? Is this what one gets for trying to improve the quality of the community? ... I'm sorry then and I'll leave, if nobody really cares.
    Allow me to place a comment as a junior...

First I would like to say that I agree with graffixnyc on the objectivity of the comparisons. People want to know what is the best ROM for their phones. Why is this not allowed? If I would ask you which car is the best a ferrari or a cinquecento, would you reply that none is the best? But we all would prefer to have a ferrari than a cinquecento, or not?

So, why I should try first 20 ROMS before I get my phone working as I want, or working at all? Why the devices are treated as something holy just like the developers? Why I' m not allowed to say something bad about my phone or the ROM I run? Why cannot I complain? Should I be happy that a I don't have a working phone since 2 years? Well, I'm not happy to instal a ROM and after some days I discover that the WiFi is not working, the launcher is crashing and so on...Why is just take it or leave it? Is this the meaning of the community? Are the developers developing for themselves and not for the community and we the users are like "guinea pigs"? Take the example of the galnetmiui. The developer did in my opinion an excellent job. Why I'm I allowed to comment positively for his work and I cannot comment negatively or complain for a bad work of another developer?

The comparisons are the driving force in this world. If everything was the same then we would have no Samsung, no iphones, no Nokias...But we prefer to buy Samsung and not Apple for some reasons and we have to compare first. Without comparison there is no competition and there is no improvement. It's logical that since the developers are putting effort and time and are doing it for free we cannot expect that much but they have to be open to the opinions of the people, to the community, otherwise it is just no community. And of course I' m not saying to insult each other but If you don't react there is no change, no improvement.

And again, If someone is offended with my post and want to insult me, as it is very common here, particularly for the fanboys, don't even bother. And even If the admins think my post is offending they can delete my post and throw me out of the forum. No problem, that's only my opinion.

See that is the problem. You think you are owed something, that you are entitled to something. You are not. This site wasnt created for developers to work for free and spoon feed users. It was created for developers to collaborate with other developers and LEARN how to do modifications to their device instead of just being "customers" if you will.

Developers (myself included) spend HOURS and HOURS working on roms and things all for FREE. I have NEVER once ask for a single donation or ANY money. As a matter of fact for one of my roms I told people who wanted to donate to donate to a worthy charity instead of donating to me

Like I said in your rant thread, if you do not like what the community has to offer then leave! or learn and figure out how to fix the things that "don't work". Stop expecting all the work to be done for you and be spoon fed.

99% of issues are user error and the fact that you claim to have a phone not work for 2 years tells me it's most likely user error in your case.

Before I knew anything there were things I wanted to do to my phone that were not "offered" by the community. Like themes. I would like something from one theme and something from another. Instead of complaining that this community does not have anything I like I learned how to do it myself.

I'm sorry to say but we do not need people like you in this community. People who feel they are entitled to something. This forum was NOT created for users like you although that's a huge chunk of the XDA population now.

You said in your thread you were running Cyanogen mod and it never worked right... Well you know the code is available for everyone to make and submit fixes for right? But instead of learning anything and contributing to the community all you want to do is take take take and then complain when it's not up to your standards.

Hire me, then you can complain to me all you want..But until then you have no right to whatsoever. You do not pay the salary of these dev's and you're not their boss so stop acting like it.