Search This thread

kingofdevils

Feb 26, 2010
Hello, I have a curious issue; When I use Light Flow in my SGS3 (Europe) never enter in deep sleep. I try some configurations and I have same issue. Curious is first time I install it, SGS3 enter in deep sleep, but after first charge always works at 200mhz, never enter in deep sleep.

Sorry for my english!

andrewpmoore

Nov 21, 2003
Leeds
www.rageconsulting.com
Hello, I have a curious issue; When I use Light Flow in my SGS3 (Europe) never enter in deep sleep. I try some configurations and I have same issue. Curious is first time I install it, SGS3 enter in deep sleep, but after first charge always works at 200mhz, never enter in deep sleep.

Sorry for my english!

Try the following:
Go into your phone settings, accessibility and switch off and back on light flow.
Go into your phone settings->apps(or applications)->select light flow and make sure "show notifications" is checked.
Then restart your phone (ie power it off and back on)
Go into your phone settings, display, led indicators and make sure only "notifications" is checked.

Go into lightflow, settings and make sure all of the following are off:
Direct mode
S3 root mode
USA/Canada S3 mode.

Then go into lightflow, notifications, missed call and select the color red.
Press the phones "home" key and switch off the screen.

Then try get a missed call and see if the led flashes red.

Reactions: kingofdevils

kingofdevils

Feb 26, 2010
Try the following:
Go into your phone settings, accessibility and switch off and back on light flow.
Go into your phone settings->apps(or applications)->select light flow and make sure "show notifications" is checked.
Then restart your phone (ie power it off and back on)
Go into your phone settings, display, led indicators and make sure only "notifications" is checked.

Go into lightflow, settings and make sure all of the following are off:
Direct mode
S3 root mode
USA/Canada S3 mode.

Then go into lightflow, notifications, missed call and select the color red.
Press the phones "home" key and switch off the screen.

Then try get a missed call and see if the led flashes red.

Thanks Andrew! now notifications works succesfully. I´m try to charge and see if deep sleep works properly after one or two complete recharges.

EDIT: Deep sleep works properly too!

Last edited:

JuanG

Jan 24, 2011
Hi! I'm having some issues with wakelocks and LightFlow. I saw that while LightFlow is installed and wifi is enabled I have a lot wakelocks from wlan_ctrl_wake and wlan_rx_wake. I can't ensure that the wakelocks are originated by LightFlow but I have made several test and these are the results. If the wifi is disabled, that doesn't happen.

Thanks!

andrewpmoore

Nov 21, 2003
Leeds
www.rageconsulting.com
Hi! I'm having some issues with wakelocks and LightFlow. I saw that while LightFlow is installed and wifi is enabled I have a lot wakelocks from wlan_ctrl_wake and wlan_rx_wake. I can't ensure that the wakelocks are originated by LightFlow but I have made several test and these are the results. If the wifi is disabled, that doesn't happen.

Thanks!

As lightflow doesn't have any association with wifi (or use any data connectivity) I can see how the two would be related. If you can try without wifi to see if you have the same issue.

JuanG

Jan 24, 2011
You are right. I confirmed it with some new tests. The wlan wakelocks are originated by any application that require transmit or receive data.

SoundsLegit

Feb 24, 2013
I have a no rooted stock rogers i747m and this app talks when I move around on home screen and open folders. It starts announcing things. I have talk back disabled.... What gives.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Could you please add an option (atleast in the paid app) to allow the amount of time to test each color, or an option to test the color of an app right in the apps page itself, than go out, and then through a different menu? Its a lot time consuming to test for a color, esp if there are like many apps in the list.

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
Could you please add an option (atleast in the paid app) to allow the amount of time to test each color, or an option to test the color of an app right in the apps page itself, than go out, and then through a different menu? Its a lot time consuming to test for a color, esp if there are like many apps in the list.

so, sorry to ask this, I did not really get any info in the last few posts.

are the wake lock issues resolved yet? I love the concept of the app, but it is a bummer that it eats my battery!

andrewpmoore

Nov 21, 2003
Leeds
www.rageconsulting.com
I have a no rooted stock rogers i747m and this app talks when I move around on home screen and open folders. It starts announcing things. I have talk back disabled.... What gives.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

See here: http://www.folioflow.com/lightflow/samsung.html

Samsung finally look like a fix will be coming with android 4.2

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

so, sorry to ask this, I did not really get any info in the last few posts.

are the wake lock issues resolved yet? I love the concept of the app, but it is a bummer that it eats my battery!

If you are on android 4.1 and don't use s3 root mode or s3 usa/canada mode it should be fine. Those other options were really there for the bugs in the samsung drivers for android 4.0

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

There's a little test tubes icon at the top of the notifications pages which will just add the current notification into the stack of currently outstanding notifications.

JuanG

Jan 24, 2011
I think that a good new feature would be to add an option that allows configure a time between same notifications. For example sometimes in whatsapp groups there is a notification every 5 second when there are too many people in the group. An option that allows configure the time between one notification and another of the same type would be very useful.

akulp

Oct 16, 2006
Is there any chance to turn off "Light Flow Notification (Tap to celar manual notification)" in (upper slide down) taskbar?

Its annying, because every time my phone call ends there's a notification up there? Why? Is there any setting for that?

Same problem is if I get SMS. I get light flow notification. I tap new message notification in taskbar, i read message, but "Light Flow Notification (Tap to celar manual notification)" message in tasbar is still there.

I have to confrim and tap it again to release LED light....

Android 4.2.2, stock ROM, nexus 4.

Thank you.

moe6

May 28, 2011
Anyone else getting immediate force closes with the new update today?

Had to clear the app, seems to work now.

Mistic92

Dec 12, 2010
Warsaw
Update on the way :)
Hi
Thanks for getting in touch, I've had 8000 emails in 2 hours about the issue! I've just published out a new version of the app to try and resolve the issue with the new version of gmail.

Luckily some google folk had let me know about the issue as it's taken a few weeks to fix and was in testing, but given the issue I've pushed it out. It can take up to 24 hours to propagate across the play store, but you should see version 3.6.0 fairly soon.

Thanks
Andrew

Reactions: moe6

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
Handcent

I am going to try LightFl w again, on my S3 (AT&T) , and so far it seems ok, but I do need to check wake locks. But with that being said, the only issue that I am having is that Handcent pro's notifications are not working. I have Handcent setup so that different friends txt me, the light is a different color, for Example Steve is Green, Erin is Purple, etc.

right now, when I get notifications from handcent, I get no lights at all.

Ideas? help, please.

andrewpmoore

Nov 21, 2003
Leeds
www.rageconsulting.com
I am going to try LightFl w again, on my S3 (AT&T) , and so far it seems ok, but I do need to check wake locks. But with that being said, the only issue that I am having is that Handcent pro's notifications are not working. I have Handcent setup so that different friends txt me, the light is a different color, for Example Steve is Green, Erin is Purple, etc.

right now, when I get notifications from handcent, I get no lights at all.

Ideas? help, please.

I'm planning on adding it in.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

The update has fixed the crash but I can no longer get LED notifications for Gmail. Is is working for anyone else?

Which version of android are you on?

DerKiLLa

Jan 4, 2011
Fulda
Everything is fine with the update, thank you ;)

No problems with gmail notification, but i deacitivated and activated it to be sure and it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol. make sure 'TalkBack' is disabled, and just 'Light Flow' is enabled

Good news, it seems like the battery drain issue has been identified and fixed (it's been confirmed to be fixed by a few beta testers).

For the talkback issues the only options at the moment seem to be either use an alternative launcher, use an app like "app folder" instead of the default ones, or not use folders.
    Can people report this issue to samsung as it happens for all apps that switch on accessibility (takser, llama, pops, missedIt and many more)?

Hopeing for a release within the week.
    Not practical to be running all the time.
    If you've figured out a way to do that for an app that is capable of intercepting all of your notifications, please email the developer as I'm sure he would be interested in understanding how that's done. In the meantime, I'm perfectly fine with the 15MB of RAM being consumed on my phone, considering all that this app does for me.
    Great App!!! I hope this is not answered yet but I have a question though, I would like to know where the backup file is saved when I create a backup of the settings? It will be very helpful to know where it's saved (add it to the FAQ) or let us select where we want to save it (it would be great to have it in the external memory, as I think it's now stored in the internal one).

Thanks again!

It's stored onto your sdcard (or virtual sdcard on devices without one), then just a /lightflow directory. You should see the file names matching the backup names. The file can be read in a text editor.

I'll add it to the faq. The app itself uses an internal stored version of the settings, but the backup is external to allow you to transfer or keep a history.
    Light Flow has been updated. You can now flash all colors of LEDs and not just the red and blue. Non rooted users now have support also.
    Any fix for the stupid folder open folder closed talking bug and no I cannot turn off tts I use it in other apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I wish.

Here's my standard response!
    This seems to be an ICS/Samsung bug. It happens for some people and also with other apps that use the accessibility service such as Tasker, Llama and others.

Try the following that I've just been posted someone has tried:
    For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)

I've reported this to samsung's research and development team and I've been told their development team is looking into it.
    It doesn't happen with phones on ICS from other manufacturers.

I am still looking into ways around it though.