Should the s-pen have flexible or stiff tip?

Search This thread

lukair1983

Jan 14, 2012
I just purchased note 8.0 which is really great, but one thing is starting to annoy me (a little). That's the tip of the s-pen which is flexible (it moves on the sides a milimetr or two) and also if I press it against a surface the tip is pushed a 1/2 mm inside the s-pen.

I would much more preffer a stiff tip, like my pen's, and I was wondering if it's just a faulty s-pen I got, or if it's by design and all you have the same kind of s-pen tip?

If so... is there any way I can make the tip to be still like say... a pencil tip? What would be important is to have it reversible, so gluing the tip to the case is rather out of the question.

Any help from someone who was looking for the same thing as me?

intelliriffer

Sep 7, 2012
New Delhi
I just purchased note 8.0 which is really great, but one thing is starting to annoy me (a little). That's the tip of the s-pen which is flexible (it moves on the sides a milimetr or two) and also if I press it against a surface the tip is pushed a 1/2 mm inside the s-pen.

I would much more preffer a stiff tip, like my pen's, and I was wondering if it's just a faulty s-pen I got, or if it's by design and all you have the same kind of s-pen tip?

If so... is there any way I can make the tip to be still like say... a pencil tip? What would be important is to have it reversible, so gluing the tip to the case is rather out of the question.

Any help from someone who was looking for the same thing as me?
Doesn't seem that your s-pen is faulty.
The Moving tip is part of Wacom tech and is what detects taps/clicks as well as pressure.
, however a mm or 2 2 sideways is a bit too much and should not happen.

My other Wacom pen for regular pc tablet (intuos) also dips in and out a bit, so that's normal.

lukair1983

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for responding. I appriciate taking the time.

But isn't it true that you can use other manufacturers pens with galaxy note series, and some of them have stiff tips?

intelliriffer

Sep 7, 2012
New Delhi
Thanks for responding. I appriciate taking the time.

But isn't it true that you can use other manufacturers pens with galaxy note series, and some of them have stiff tips?

I don't think you can use other manufacturer pens with note 8. Even Only few of the pens by wacom are compatible.
There are wacom pens with replaceable tips, but they more or less give a different surface feel as opposed to a rigid tip itself.

lukair1983

Jan 14, 2012
Oh, I didn't know that. So the s-pen's for Galaxy Note 8.0 are different than for other note's, in terms of technology? The thing about other pens I was writing in reference to other galaxy devices that use s-pen, where people said they purchased other (bigger) stylus'es.

intelliriffer

Sep 7, 2012
New Delhi
Oh, I didn't know that. So the s-pen's for Galaxy Note 8.0 are different than for other note's, in terms of technology? The thing about other pens I was writing in reference to other galaxy devices that use s-pen, where people said they purchased other (bigger) stylus'es.

as far as i am aware, up to samsung Galaxy Note 3.0 all s-pen enabled devices have same underlying technology by wacom, so it's the same manufacturer (samsung/wacom).
however some pens might work across the board on a lot of devices and some might not due to device specific calibrations.

http://www.wacom.com/en/us/overlays/articles/2013/1027-samsung-galaxy-note