HELP: Stuck at formatting data

Search This thread

abfchasd

Jul 7, 2012
I just clicked wipe data from stock recovery on nexus 5 and now i am stuck at fomattind data for the past 15 minutes, what should I do?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
yeah? it will take that much time to reach format cache?
does it get over faster sometimes?
thanks

Yes, it can take a lot of time sometimes.. When I did it the first time, it took me about 35 mins.. The next time I did it, it took just 5 mins. The stock recovery and act weird sometimes!

Wait for another 30 mins and if it doesn't complete then only terminate it and perform the wipe again..

Reactions: abfchasd

abfchasd

Jul 7, 2012
Yes, it can take a lot of time sometimes.. When I did it the first time, it took me about 35 mins.. The next time I did it, it took just 5 mins. The stock recovery and act weird sometimes!

Wait for another 30 mins and if it doesn't complete then only terminate it and perform the wipe again..

okay. I got really scared.
does terminating the format procedure harm the storage?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info

Nope.. Not that I know of. The worst case scenario would be your /cache /data partitions getting messed up but that can be fixed by formatting them again in the recovery.

Although, I haven't tried terminating the process and random goof ups can occur with anyone!

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
If it takes a very long time to wipe the data and cache partitions, it's possible that the memory chip is damaged; therefore, I suggest flashing a stock ROM, including userdata.img, to see if this resolves the problem.

DroidBois

Jul 1, 2010
Canberra
Yeah my Nexus 5 was slow and bogged down so I went to factory reset. Now it's stuck on erase for over an hour. I just have the stock ROM installed but I think I have a custom recovery image and unlocked boot loader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let it keep going it can take 45 min

Stopping it early can screw things up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Its done now. everything is working, thanks everyone

Nope.. Not that I know of. The worst case scenario would be your /cache /data partitions getting messed up but that can be fixed by formatting them again in the recovery.

Although, I haven't tried terminating the process and random goof ups can occur with anyone!
    yeah? it will take that much time to reach format cache?
    does it get over faster sometimes?
    thanks