[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

MikeOD

Mar 9, 2009
Is there any way to get everything that backs up to Google with CM7 to restore into this rom? Things like Wifi passwords and whatnot that come right back onto the phone after a full wipe and reinstall of CM7? I haven't been able to figure out how to.

Sleestax

Jun 27, 2008
Atlanta
Hey all, thanx for the hard work. Anxiously awaiting beta/final. In the meantime, which ICS for EVO4g is more fully functional: evervolv, deck's, or <other>? I really just need phone functionality, bluetooth, wifi, and rear cam working. Thanx in advance.

Yeah, the Deck PB9 ICS is pretty good from a functionality standpoint. I just couldn't live without Wimax, so I am back on Gingerbread until the devs can get Wimax working in ICS.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
@mikeOD
Interesting story: when I was running AOKP, I did a full wipe (as always) to come to decks. Wiped data, cache, dalvik 2x in amonRa, then VRsuperwipe, then Calks FormatAll, then VRsuperwipe again (my usual process) so I KNOW I'm clean.
Then flashed decks, and saw it immediately pick up my wifi after boot, I didn't have to enter my PW. Then I went to customize lockscreen, and saw that it was already setup the way I had it on AOKP (shortcut to camera). And I think user dictionary was also restored, I kinda forget.

I thought I musta had a dirty install, somehow. Capn throwback saw my post about it and said it was due to my selecting 'Keep device synced to Google account' when setting up. Very convenient.
However, this didn't seem to happen when I flashed from decks to drews, even though my setup process was the same.
It doesn't really help, but thought I'd share. I thought it was interesting.

I store my Wi-Fi passwords in colornote. Then when I flash anew, I DL colornote from market, (very small app) and it has a sync (backup/restore) feature. I log in to it. Then copy paste my PWs from it to their respective places. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

mccurt29

Dec 9, 2008
Check out pages 47-49 on the RootzWiki forum for the ROM, do the .zip/flash fixes, the A2SD reinstall fix, and the directory fix. Problem solved, or at least it worked for me.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

This works but when installing apps with TB ,TB finishes but apps don't show up .IT even shows up in storage that there installed but not in the app drawer:mad:

This works but when installing apps with TB ,TB finishes but apps don't show up .IT even shows up in storage that there installed but not in the app drawer:mad:

You tried reinstalling with TB before or after the A2SD fixes? What I did was wipe everything, flash the ROM, reboot, let everything settle for about 15 minutes, flashed/followed the fixes, DL'd TB from the market, then reinstalled all my apps from TB.

dcharleyultra

Dec 7, 2010
Northern VA
If using a2sd, why wipe the ext partition at all? I took the tip from carhauler (IIRC) and never wipe my ext partition. My apps are always there with new ROMs.

mccurt29

Dec 9, 2008
You tried reinstalling with TB before or after the A2SD fixes? What I did was wipe everything, flash the ROM, reboot, let everything settle for about 15 minutes, flashed/followed the fixes, DL'd TB from the market, then reinstalled all my apps from TB.

i flashed rom,flashed fix,flashed dt ,rebooted, a2sd reinstalled thru terminal, then used TB

mccurt29

Dec 9, 2008
If using a2sd, why wipe the ext partition at all? I took the tip from carhauler (IIRC) and never wipe my ext partition. My apps are always there with new ROMs.

when u wipe all userdata / factory reset it wipes out sd-ext

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

http://d-h.st/Zh2
a2sd ability added back on next build was told to me by deck just prior to this drop so it will be either this or the next one. This is 4.0.4

ropodope

If life hands you melons you are probably dylsexic.

so a2sd automatically built in? or when just dont have to flash the fix for it to work

phaseL

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles
http://d-h.st/Zh2
a2sd ability added back on next build was told to me by deck just prior to this drop so it will be either this or the next one. This is 4.0.4

ropodope

Either I'm doing something very wrong, or it is not baked in this release. About to try again with atyoungs fix.

EDIT: Fix works.

Last edited:
Reactions: mccurt29

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
when u wipe all userdata / factory reset it wipes out sd-ext

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

so a2sd automatically built in? or when just dont have to flash the fix for it to work

No fixes would be necessary. You always had to flash the file. Big deal.

ropodope

Reactions: mccurt29

phistyle

Jan 29, 2007
hmm I'm going to have to try a different kernel...the stock one on pb9 is a huge battery drainer...can't even last half the day :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D