[ROM] Barebone SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3

Search This thread

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
So its something to do with power management. That's weird. Is there something we did to our phones before that is causing the issue now?
I've looked at the PowerManagerService code. It's a little strange that it's crashing there. All it seemingly does - it tries to query some screen options (like "screen_brightness_mode" or "screen_off_timeout" ) from a database (don't know which, probably related to settings), but fails to initialize a ContentQueryMap. Well, I wonder what's if the database, which is probably in the wiped /data, is not there yet, and why...

Well, the are some more weird errors, like "Package has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!". I'm going to make a package with not re-signed framework-res.apk, maybe it still messing things up. I'll post a link later today.

Lawful123

Nov 30, 2010
Reactions: stephen_w

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
This ROM worked without issue. Must be the framework-res.apk.

Surely someone on this forum has dealt with this same issue. Is anyone else helping you out?

OK, so let it be this way. All other custom ROMs modded from KJ6 have the original cert in framework-res.apk and therefore not disabled CIQ components in AndroidManifest.xml.

I left noCIQ.sh script in /system/etc that disables some CIQ stuff. It really may not be necessary as CIQ is not completely implemented in our ROM, but it will not hurt to run this script either. Have to run as root and only once is enough.

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
Couple recent changes:

- Added Screenshot to Power menu. Had to remove the menu title as well to fit it all on one page without scrolling. Screenshot functionality is using built-it ScreenCaptureService.

- DriveSmart and Software Updates are removed from Settings menu.

m0bstr

Jul 16, 2011
thanks for adding the screenshot to powermenu. im downloading your rom right now

how do i install still rom fresh on my phone???

Last edited:

primus123

May 21, 2010
Gretna
I have this installed love it.
I do have one complaint.
I have had 2 problems, both from the same issue, when connecting phone to CPU to transfer files the phone shuts off starts charging, here is the problem, the battery icon comes up, shows it charging, so lets say that my battery is at 75% I unplug USB cable, reboot phone, it bots up but comes up with the connect to charger message and battery icon is in the red status. And I have to recharge the phone completely.
Anyone else with this?

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

m0bstr

Jul 16, 2011
is there a way to use hancent sms for the messaging icon on the toolbar on the bottom??? like replace the stock messaging app with hancent sms but still have the samsung icon??

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
I have this installed love it.
I do have one complaint.
I have had 2 problems, both from the same issue, when connecting phone to CPU to transfer files the phone shuts off starts charging, here is the problem, the battery icon comes up, shows it charging, so lets say that my battery is at 75% I unplug USB cable, reboot phone, it bots up but comes up with the connect to charger message and battery icon is in the red status. And I have to recharge the phone completely.
Anyone else with this?

You mean to say it's happening only with this ROM? If not, have you tried different computer, USB cable, etc?

primus123

May 21, 2010
Gretna
You mean to say it's happening only with this ROM? If not, have you tried different computer, USB cable, etc?

Yes only this ROM. I have 3 computers that I have tried,xp,vista and 7.
I have different cables attached to each computer so yes I tried my vista device first, that's the computer that I mainly use for all my modding etc.....then. it happened again with my win 7. Not a big deal, I started using my drop box account to transfer my files. Just didn't see anybody else mention, didn't know if I was the first.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
Added Quick Panel mod. 10 toggle buttons total to make exactly two pages. It's easier to scroll with 10 than 12, you don't overshoot to the 3rd page. Set the order of buttons to my own liking, don't ask me to change it.

Tried to add a mod where you can edit and move buttons, but it's too buggy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Barebone SGS4G KJ6 ROM

Use at your own risk, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen to your phone because of this ROM.

Here is a ROM that I made for myself, but what the heck, let's share. This ROM is very stock-like with just few usability mods.

Features
    • Will not wipe your programs or data, /data is preserved upon install
    • Heavily debloated. Most essentials apps are still there (like WiFi Calling)
    • No extra programs added, you need to add your own
    • ODEXed to save space in /data
    • CarrierIQ is completely removed
    • Extended Power Menu (including Screenshot)
    • Extended Quick Panel (10 buttons, including Data toggle)
    • 1% battery (horizontal)
    • CRT-Off
    • Time zone version 2012b
    • /etc/hosts to cut ads out of the box (keep up to date with AdAway or similar)
    • Few conservative presets in build.prop and init.d
    • Basic with a Twist 1.1.3 kernel included

Notes
    * Don't get confused about ODEXing, it's actually better to run and saves quite a bit of space in /data.
    * Some Google apps (Maps, Streets, Voice) and Adobe Flash are removed from /system. Install them from market. Benefit - they can be moved to SD card this way.
    * Original Swype is removed, is somebody needs it flash this.
    * In case you need it, use this thread to add some bloat back.
    * Factory Reset is removed from Settings->Privacy, use CWM if you ever need to reset all data.
    * KJ6 modem included. Use this thread to flash a different modem if needed.

Install
    Flash with CWM. Wait until the system boots up, then wait few more minutes for it to settle.

Download
    v1.1.3
    v1.1.2
    v1.1.1
    v1.1.0
    v1.0.8

Changelog

Removed "Mobile data connection disabled. Connect?" popup on boot

Removed Factory Reset from Settings->Privacy
    Updated kernel

Fixed voicemail notifications not working without Visual Voice Mail installed

CIQ is properly removed
    Some neutral cosmetics (logo, animations)
    Minor update to the kernel

Fixed slow stock browser scrolling

Extended Quick Panel

Added Screenshot to power menu

Removed DriveSmart and Software Update from Settings menu

Put original framework-res.apk certificate back

Added power menu mod

Original public release
    does it have a screenshot option from the power menu??
    Nope, never bothered with power menu. I don't reboot the phone too often and to say the truth don't even remember when last time I needed to take a screenshot. I use ShootMe and QuickBoot when I need to, they both do the job just fine.

Yes, power menu is fully modded now, including Screenshot option.
    Added Quick Panel mod. 10 toggle buttons total to make exactly two pages. It's easier to scroll with 10 than 12, you don't overshoot to the 3rd page. Set the order of buttons to my own liking, don't ask me to change it.

Tried to add a mod where you can edit and move buttons, but it's too buggy.
    I updated the link. I actually took it down on purpose, wanted to look at something but never had time.

I was troubleshooting an error message during boot time, so I traced it to the CIQ trying to execute some on-boot code, which was removed by Krylon. Strangely the original code itself doesn't do much, it's initilizing a broadcast receiver with an empty onReceive method. Removing this was a moot point, it probably didn't do much. I disabled the BOOT_COMPLETED permission for the service to avoid the error message.

So I looked at the CIQ more closely. What I found is a little peculiar. The main CIQ code is integrated quite deeply into the framework, it cannot be removed easily, there are just too many calls that send various metrics to the CIQ Agent. The main CIQ classes are not in the framework.jar, they are in ext.jar. Probably that's why nobody noticed them and never tried to modify them. What is strange that many calls seem to be not implemented. For example the sumbitMetric is an empty method, shouldSubmitMetric always returns zero, etc.

It's possible that T-Mobile decided not to use CIQ on our phone (at least extensively), but instead of removing it completely just plugged few calls.

I'm removing the "CIQ removed" description because it's actually not removed, although may not be doing much.
    Couple recent changes:

- Added Screenshot to Power menu. Had to remove the menu title as well to fit it all on one page without scrolling. Screenshot functionality is using built-it ScreenCaptureService.

- DriveSmart and Software Updates are removed from Settings menu.