[Q] Upgrade my SV to Kitkat?

Search This thread

soundmangle

May 13, 2014
Hi, I would like to install Kitkat on my HTC One SV (on EE), I believe this is possible if I root my phone, but I am having trouble finding the information that I need to do it. Could someone please point me in the direction of a good guide that will explain the process of rooting and installing Kitkat on a One SV. And also the software that I need to carry out the job.

I would be most grateful as I am getting nowhere searching for the info.

Thanks,
Steve.

soundmangle

May 13, 2014
You can find no info, because there is no Kitkat anywhere for the One SV.
If you want to root only because of that, don't do it.

Thanks for the reply. What had got me thinking that it was possible was this article that I found on the web:

Upgrade/Update HTC One SV to 4.4 KitKat.
I'm copy paste this tutorial from xdaforums.com :
The HTC One SV owners may also want to keep their device up-to-date. So we thought of giving you a tutorial of how to upgrade HTC One SV to Android 4.4 KitKat. With new version of android operating system on your device, you will have more benefit. Your device will have more feature, more secure, more fast performance, and more cool he...3x. But prior to telling you how to install Android 4.4 KitKat on HTC One SV, let’s see what do you want in order to be able to perform the installation. You will have to download 4.4 KitKat HTC One SV ROM. You will also have to root your HTC One SV to prepare it for Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade. Discover how to root HTC One SV and install Android 4.4 KitKat from here. Here are the download links of the files you want to update HTC One SV to Android 4.4 KitKat. Just before beginning to upgrade your HTC One SV to Android 4.4 KitKat don’t forget to backup your information, as contacts, text messages and the apps installed from Google Play Store who maybe lost when the installation finishes. Now let’s see how to update HTC One SV to Android 4.4 KitKat :

1. Install the ROM Manager on your HTC One SV. Get it from Google Play Store, then install the clockwork mod recovery.

2. Connect your HTC One SV to your PC employing the USB information cable. Copy the “ROM.zip” file you downloaded to the SD memory card.

3. Restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. As soon as in Recovery Mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup / restore to back-up your information.

4. From the Recovery Menu do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When completed, go back to Recovery Principal Menu and choose Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate the location you copied the ”ROM.zip” file and follow the directions for installing Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC One SV. As soon as the installation is over, just reboot your HTC One SV device, and here you go, you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 4.4 KitKat.
Note: Here Is Link To Download the ROM =
The ROM File size is 128 MB, so I split the file into 3 parts :
ROM Part 1 : http://goo.gl/7pyL97
ROM Part 2 : http://goo.gl/ffHU2x
ROM Part 3 : http://goo.gl/l1zKh5
To combine 3 parts files above into 1 file just use WINRAR, then extract the files into ZIP format.
If any problem with the ROM, maybe because the ROM have corrupted during the download process, you can try to re-download the ROM.
Thank you for visiting Upgrade/Update HTC One SV to 4.4 KitKat

I was under the impression that stock android could be installed on most any modern phone with the right knowledge.

M

Modding.MyMind

@old.splatterhand, I'm going to look into this "4.4 Rom" as soon as I get off of work.

Meanwhile, if anyone else decides to flash this Rom which claims to be 4.4 you might want to take precautionary actions first just in case this Rom isn't what it claims to be.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

One thing which is sketchy about this "Rom" is that it does not specify which K2 variant....

M

Modding.MyMind

It's got to be fake. The download link requires you to do a survey before you can download. Every time I run across those links they have always been full of crap.

M

Modding.MyMind

Yes, have seen this too. Did not go on, bercause i anyway don't see a reason to make parts of a 128 MB file. Every filehoster takes that 128 MB as a free user without a problem. No logical reason to split...

The comments on that web page are fake too. They are just images. The reply buttons are unresponsive lol. A scam. Whoever this person is needs to be sought out and banned from XDA.

yan09

May 3, 2014
Thanks for the reply. What had got me thinking that it was possible was this article that I found on the web:

Upgrade/Update HTC One SV to 4.4 KitKat.
I'm copy paste this tutorial from xdaforums.com :
The HTC One SV owners may also want to keep their device up-to-date. So we thought of giving you a tutorial of how to upgrade HTC One SV to Android 4.4 KitKat. With new version of android operating system on your device, you will have more benefit. Your device will have more feature, more secure, more fast performance, and more cool he...3x. But prior to telling you how to install Android 4.4 KitKat on HTC One SV, let’s see what do you want in order to be able to perform the installation. You will have to download 4.4 KitKat HTC One SV ROM. You will also have to root your HTC One SV to prepare it for Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade. Discover how to root HTC One SV and install Android 4.4 KitKat from here. Here are the download links of the files you want to update HTC One SV to Android 4.4 KitKat. Just before beginning to upgrade your HTC One SV to Android 4.4 KitKat don’t forget to backup your information, as contacts, text messages and the apps installed from Google Play Store who maybe lost when the installation finishes. Now let’s see how to update HTC One SV to Android 4.4 KitKat :

1. Install the ROM Manager on your HTC One SV. Get it from Google Play Store, then install the clockwork mod recovery.

2. Connect your HTC One SV to your PC employing the USB information cable. Copy the “ROM.zip” file you downloaded to the SD memory card.

3. Restart your device in the recovery mode using ROM Manager. As soon as in Recovery Mode, go to ROM Manager and select backup / restore to back-up your information.

4. From the Recovery Menu do a total data erase (including Delvik Cache). When completed, go back to Recovery Principal Menu and choose Flash ROM from SD Card. Navigate the location you copied the ”ROM.zip” file and follow the directions for installing Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC One SV. As soon as the installation is over, just reboot your HTC One SV device, and here you go, you’ve just upgraded it to the new Android 4.4 KitKat.
Note: Here Is Link To Download the ROM =
The ROM File size is 128 MB, so I split the file into 3 parts :
ROM Part 1 : http://goo.gl/7pyL97
ROM Part 2 : http://goo.gl/ffHU2x
ROM Part 3 : http://goo.gl/l1zKh5
To combine 3 parts files above into 1 file just use WINRAR, then extract the files into ZIP format.
If any problem with the ROM, maybe because the ROM have corrupted during the download process, you can try to re-download the ROM.
Thank you for visiting Upgrade/Update HTC One SV to 4.4 KitKat

I was under the impression that stock android could be installed on most any modern phone with the right knowledge.

excause me, how to download the files?

palmtree5

Aug 26, 2012
Running a Google search for the first sentence of the text of a post supposedly copied from here and specifying site:xdaforums.com as part of the search only turns up the post in this thread containing that text and nothing else thus making this even more scammy and deceitful as the post didn't come from here...

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Who cares? This phone might be useless in less then a year. Cricket phones at least. Cricket is switching from CDMA to GSM as early as next march, rendering any CDMA phone previously used on their network useless.

Thanks Cricket (at&t)...

HTC K2_PLC_CL

M

Modding.MyMind

Who cares? This phone might be useless in less then a year. Cricket phones at least. Cricket is switching from CDMA to GSM as early as next march, rendering any CDMA phone previously used on their network useless.

Thanks Cricket (at&t)...

HTC K2_PLC_CL

There is a plus side to that lol. Makes it much easier to port international roms.