One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! v2.5.5 Now has ClockworkMod Redirector!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I used the file you gave me earlier to flash back to stock: SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar

The root/unroot I used before and now are:
one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5 to root
one.click.stock.flasher.&.root.uninstaller-di18 to unroot

I hadn't tried that earlier DRockstar file (didn't even see it, to be honest).

Why would one click fail? :(

From the log you posted it is not gaining superuser access first. I though all of those needed an "SU" in the first line. I am not an ADB expert though. It can't hurt anything to add it to the first line of the bat file.

touchtaz

Sep 6, 2008
I used one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5 to root my phone and it worked great. I need to take it to Sprint to get the screen fixed. I tried rerunning the script to unroot but it's not working. I went to superuser and cleared the logs, but it still doesn't work.

any advice on what to check next.
thanks

nevermind:
I edited the run.bat and took out the line IF "%ROOT%."=="." GOTO :Exploit in the :checkroot section
seems to have worked

Last edited:
Reactions: KennyG123

mouseglider

May 1, 2010
Eagan, MN
www.kickstand4u.com
I used one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5 to root my phone and it worked great. I need to take it to Sprint to get the screen fixed. I tried rerunning the script to unroot but it's not working. I went to superuser and cleared the logs, but it still doesn't work.

thanks

nevermind:
I edited the run.bat and took out the line IF "%ROOT%."=="." GOTO :Exploit in the :checkroot section
seems to have worked

Stupid question, but doesn't One Click Root 1.0.1 uninstaller do the same thing? I don't know because I rooted the same way as you did, and have never tried to unroot yet.

Hoping I never have to unroot.

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

thanks

nevermind:
seems to have worked

Nice Job! I will recommend this to others having the same problem.

vivafutbol

Nov 26, 2008
I also need to unroot my phone. I tried to remove the line noted "I edited the run.bat and took out the line IF "%ROOT%."=="." GOTO :Exploit in the :checkroot section". However, this does not appear to be doing the job. What is the best method to revert to unroot?

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I also need to unroot my phone. I tried to remove the line noted "I edited the run.bat and took out the line IF "%ROOT%."=="." GOTO :Exploit in the :checkroot section". However, this does not appear to be doing the job. What is the best method to revert to unroot?

The best method is to Odin back to stock with instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=773032

Or you can try the flash for installing Stock recovery in here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1027904

DeepEmissions

Mar 11, 2011
Okeechobee, FL
adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login
waiting for phone to reconnect...

Root was not obtained after 60 seconds. make sure phone is connected and adb is working. If adb isnt root, reboot the phone and try running the script again.

everytime this happens I must restart my phone and pc, I try again and still the same thing.

EDIT: I am running Froyo OTA update with EC05

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town
Alright I need some help, I'm not new to hacking phones or rooting but I am new to rooting samsungs, actually the rooting part was too easy, however can someone explain to me how in the world I can boot into recovery? I tried it, and it just bricked on the samsung screen. Any help would be appreciated.

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Alright I need some help, I'm not new to hacking phones or rooting but I am new to rooting samsungs, actually the rooting part was too easy, however can someone explain to me how in the world I can boot into recovery? I tried it, and it just bricked on the samsung screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Hold these buttons together holding camera first, adding volume down, then add power button. Hold all three until recovery comes up.

Do you BONSAI?

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town
Hold these buttons together holding camera first, adding volume down, then add power button. Hold all three until recovery comes up.

Do you BONSAI?

So the quick boot app doesn't work with the epic? That's what I used and twice got stuck on the samsung screen leading to odin + reroot, twice.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
So the quick boot app doesn't work with the epic? That's what I used and twice got stuck on the samsung screen leading to odin + reroot, twice.

It depends on the phone and the ROM you are on. It mostly works fine for me but I do not use it to get into recovery because on a ROM with journalling off it may corrupt data, which is probably what happened to you.

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town
It depends on the phone and the ROM you are on. It mostly works fine for me but I do not use it to get into recovery because on a ROM with journalling off it may corrupt data, which is probably what happened to you.

I pretty much ran the root script on this thread, it's the ROM the phone is running now. I'll try the 3 finger salute to see if that does it. Journaling? Man gotta get myself to read on samsung hacking lol. It is safe to say I'm lost.

durrett syndrome

May 2, 2008
where i download the oneclick exploit 2.5.5, the file contains 19 items...when i extract all, the new file only has 10 files. When I begin the root process, I get the error "rageagaomsttjecage-ar,5/bom is missing. Make sure you extracted the zip archive correctly."

Ive rooted my phone before, but I had to ODIN back to stock. Now, the process isn't working. Please help. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! v2.5.5 Now has ClockworkMod Redirector!

Here's a new one click root. 2.4.0 now flashes clockworkmod recovery for you. It's also a little less likely to fail, and is tested to work on Froyo.
    It will also work correctly if you are on a pre-rooted kernel. It will install superuser, busybox, and clockworkmod.

http://firon.net/xda/one.click.root.exploitv2.5.5.zip

Here's 2.5.0 of the one click root, now with the clockwork redirector integrated.
    I cleaned up noobnl's script a little bit and ensured that adbd would run as root when booted into recovery. Also made sure we symlinked every single applet that recovery's busybox provides.

Now the one click also avoids pushing playlogo unless it detects that you have the old joeykrim root installed, to avoid any potential issues with future froyo releases.

Linux and Mac users users chmod +x run.sh and run it

THANKS FIRON

Here's 2.2.7, that simplifies the root process thanks to the discoveries here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=800483
    I also increased the timeout after running the root (fails less), moved more things to /system/xbin to reduce the risk of breaking things, and removes all the old files leftover from joeykrim's root (including his modified playlogo that runs at boot every time).

It also means your system will no longer be mounted as read-only every time you reboot and there's no more problems with jk-su overwriting your existing su binary.

1. you need samsung galaxy s drivers

32-bit drivers: http://firon.net/xda/Samsung_Mobile_Driver_V1.3.800_For_SPH-d700_Epic_4G.zip
    64-bit drivers: http://firon.net/xda/usb_drivers_GalaxyS_x64.zip

2. push MENU, select Applications > Development, then enable USB debugging.

3. extract and run run.bat

4. enjoy!

v2.2.4 added busybox and the remount script and fixes sprint animation not showing
    2.2.5 superuser.apk & su added!
    v2.2.6 installs busybox to xbin
    uninstaller http://firon.net/xda/one.click.stock.flasher.&.root.uninstaller-di18.zip
    Ummmm ya :rolleyes: I guess u did not understand what I was saying. If some one has old FW on there Epic & its unrooted & they want to save some apps or angry birds game saves etc... they mite use this just to run TB & back this up b4 odin as odin will wipe it all out.

No, they ride the OTA "train" to FC09, then use Odin to flash a kernel, and the su.zip, and what's this? Rooted w/ cwm w/o losing data.

Now, stop bumping this thread. It is useless.

~ E.R.A.
    Worst
    Necro
    Ever

450ef765-4a5e-ddb1.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    I suspect Samsung may have released a newer hardware version that the available Rooting methods dont provide a fully successful root. I spoke with my friend who works for IBM as a high level programmer. Described my problem to him and he said it sounds like the phone hasn't surrendered all of the root permissions yet since I cant do anything via ADB short of the "devices" command. I can only gain root access via Shell. Using the One Click method and the ODIN DK28/clockwork/root method.

My hardware version is D700.0.5
    can someone prove/disprove this theory by confirming they are having similar issues with this Hardware version number or that I am wrong and they have successfully rooted. I know a mod will likely say this doesn't belong in this forum but seeing as the root method may not work on the newer hardware I think it applies.
    I have left it at the adb reset restart adb sever blah blah, it either locks the phone up or does nothing.

Just did it,

"cannot stat rageagaistthecage no such file or directory"

then just says that adb will be rest and to restar it and login.

I dont know what any of that means

I appreaciate al you guys do, but this wont work for me for some reason, Im sure its me.

BD