[KERNEL][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.1/7.0][10/05/2016] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

Search This thread

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
Hey Ktoonsez,

No luck on the new 4.1.2 MA6 kernel either. It still boot loops. Here is a log pull by doing adb shell while in recovery and getting the last_kmsg. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• log2.txt
    82.7 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: mw86

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
Re: [KERNEL][SPRINT][AOSP/TOUCHWIZ-JELLYBEAN][2/9/2013] KT747-s LJ7 - KTweaker

That looks like the recovery kernel kmsg since everything looks normal. Weird

I only did what the guy above me said do which was go into recovery and adb shell to get it. I am guessing he lead me astray. What should I be pulling and can it be pulled in recovery after a boot loop? If not can I pull it after flashing back the standard kernel and pulling it once back in the rom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21

I only did what the guy above me said do which was go into recovery and adb shell to get it. I am guessing he lead me astray. What should I be pulling and can it be pulled in recovery after a boot loop? If not can I pull it after flashing back the standard kernel and pulling it once back in the rom?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Depending on how far the boot process gets before it loops, you might be able to pull the log between loops... What OS do you use? I should be able to write a script for either OS that will try to pull the log as soon as adb detects the phone...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
Depending on how far the boot process gets before it loops, you might be able to pull the log between loops... What OS do you use? I should be able to write a script for either OS that will try to pull the log as soon as adb detects the phone...

I use Windows 7 64-bit. I have adb working though at the command prompt.

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21

I use Windows 7 64-bit. I have adb working though at the command prompt.

I haven't been able to test this just yet, but try the following:

adb wait-for-device; adb pull /proc/last_kmesg

(Enter both commands on one line with a semi-colon separating them as shown)

The first command should wait until adb detects your phone, forcing the second command to wait to run until that point - the result should be that the pull command runs at the earliest possible moment, placing a copy of the last_kmesg file in your current directory on your computer...

I think I tried something similar and had issues, but I can't remember if that was on Windows or Linux... I'll try it when I get to my computer, so if that method fails then I'll work out another method (it would be a great tool for future troubleshooting, I think h

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
Here is a new one to try again, maybe this will be the lucky one

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?0l7j29n1cqmugch

No dice. Also trying to grab a logcat during the boot loop is impossible. It doesn't get to the point for adb to be recognized and pull one. It gets to the initial Samsung logo, than to the Samsung Galay S III logo, then it boot loops before the Samsung animation happens.

I am in recovery right now, and I have not went back to the stock kernel yet. Is there anything you can think of that might be useful to pull via adb?

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21

No dice. Also trying to grab a logcat during the boot loop is impossible. It doesn't get to the point for adb to be recognized and pull one. It gets to the initial Samsung logo, than to the Samsung Galay S III logo, then it boot loops before the Samsung animation happens.

I am in recovery right now, and I have not went back to the stock kernel yet. Is there anything you can think of that might be useful to pull via adb?

I can't think of anything else right now... but I also suspect that my script didn't work the way it should - I'm sure I remember a situation where the "wait for device" part would never detect my phone even after it was fully booted, but only on one OS - I thought the Linux version was the one that didn't work as expected, but I might have that backwards...

As a last test, you can try entering "adb devices" at the command prompt, pressing enter even though it will fail (this is preparation before you turn the phone on), then while the phone boots, repeatedly press up then enter to bring up the last entered command and re enter it - if you ever see a device id before the boot loop, then the wait for device command doesn't work correctly in the Windows version of adb

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
I haven't been able to test this just yet, but try the following:

adb wait-for-device; adb pull /proc/last_kmesg

(Enter both commands on one line with a semi-colon separating them as shown)

The first command should wait until adb detects your phone, forcing the second command to wait to run until that point - the result should be that the pull command runs at the earliest possible moment, placing a copy of the last_kmesg file in your current directory on your computer...

I tried this, and the phone will never boot to the point to recognize adb.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

As a last test, you can try entering "adb devices" at the command prompt, pressing enter even though it will fail (this is preparation before you turn the phone on), then while the phone boots, repeatedly press up then enter to bring up the last entered command and re enter it - if you ever see a device id before the boot loop, then the wait for device command doesn't work correctly in the Windows version of adb

adb devices never shows up a device, so it won't even get to adb at all.

Hey Ktoonsez, thanks for trying man. If you can think of anything else to try or any kind of log to pull please let me know I am more than willing to help. I sure wish we could get this kernel running on TW 4.1.2. I love your kernel, and it gave me unbelievable battery life, but I don't want to go back to 4.1.1, so hopefully one day you can figure it out man.

I even wiped everything back to factory then just installed the system.img only then your kernel with no data.img to see if it was hanging on data or something, and I still got the boot loop. I have exhausted my brain on this, and I can't think of anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: flastnoles11

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Hey Ktoonsez, thanks for trying man. If you can think of anything else to try or any kind of log to pull please let me know I am more than willing to help. I sure wish we could get this kernel running on TW 4.1.2. I love your kernel, and it gave me unbelievable battery life, but I don't want to go back to 4.1.1, so hopefully one day you can figure it out man.

I even wiped everything back to factory then just installed the system.img only then your kernel with no data.img to see if it was hanging on data or something, and I still got the boot loop. I have exhausted my brain on this, and I can't think of anything else.

Have you tried the 4.1.1 just for the hell of it? That was stock ramdisk so I believe it is not the ramdisk, so that means code which is very rare. Have to start completely over

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe

Here is another one, lol

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?1k05ckgah7ppfnm

Reactions: tondre and mw86

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
Have you tried the 4.1.1 just for the hell of it? That was stock ramdisk so I believe it is not the ramdisk, so that means code which is very rare. Have to start completely over

LMAO.... Your 2/9 version of the 4.1.1 kernel boots the phone! :victory:

So far it is still running smoothly/fast. Should I look for any errors, or should I expect any errors or lack of features using the 4.1.1 kernel?

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
LMAO.... Your 2/9 version of the 4.1.1 kernel boots the phone! :victory:

So far it is still running smoothly/fast. Should I look for any errors, or should I expect any errors or lack of features using the 4.1.1 kernel?

Nothing really, it was just some updated drivers really, I believe freeza listed them.

Try the one above too

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Your "C" version (the last one you posted) of the MA6 4.1.2 kernel boots my phone. :highfive: What did you change on it, I'm curious?

Its 2/9 kernel code with new ramdisk, you have gtalk? I want to merge in some stuff slowly if you feel like flashing a bunch of times? PM if you want to do it :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: tondre and mw86

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com

Your "C" version (the last one you posted) of the MA6 4.1.2 kernel boots my phone. :highfive: What did you change on it, I'm curious?

Its 2/9 kernel code with new ramdisk, you have gtalk? I want to merge in some stuff slowly if you feel like flashing a bunch of times? PM if you want to do it :good:

You both rock! Nice work guys, do wjat you have to to get it golden ktoonsez, we ALWAYS love the underwear you add in. Lol.

mw86.png

Reactions: galaxys3man30

galaxys3man30

Oct 6, 2012
tallahassee,fl

U know you have all of team Kernelizers to test and help you buddy

President of {Team Kernelizers}
Im Gman and I approve this message
galaxys3man30.png

Top Liked Posts