[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast.

Search This thread

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
Just flashed my N7. But it seems cant boot for a very first time. It's hanging out at the VANIR Logo. Anyone knows which issues i got here. How can i do now ..? My nexus's running stock 4.2.2 now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

were you coming from stock AOSP or did you root your device first?

carlz0206

Jan 24, 2010
Re: [ROM] [4.2.2] PRIME D02-20 [v9] [WIFI + 3G]

anyone tried kingbeatz with this rom?is it working?what version?

thanks

frap129

Jan 6, 2013

anyone tried kingbeatz with this rom?is it working?what version?

thanks

I would not suggest it, the version that worked best for me was 3.0.2, but i couldn't tell a difference between it and the beats thay come with the ROM.

Nexus 7:
Unlock/Root
PRIME D
M-Kernel
PimpMyROM

!n0x

Jan 17, 2012
BCD
I don't know, but the volume setting pop-up every time I try to change my volume, whether it be from settings or using the volume buttons - it always force closes.

Changing the volume style (None, Expandable, Expanded, yadda yadda) alleviates the situation a bit, but after a while, it goes back. Is it just me or, what?

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011

Did I read correctly in the op... Bluetooth ,mapping for cars.... I really want that...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Did I read correctly in the op... Bluetooth ,mapping for cars.... I really want that...

hmmm. the update from 4.2.2 broke bluetooth becuase the device tree has no tags for 4.2.2 yet-- which means some change in the external bluetooth repo made the proprietary drivers (or more specifically lack of) that control the bluetooth on device cause a persistent segfault error. all fixed for the next build.

Last edited:
Reactions: androidkid311

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011

hmmm. the update from 4.2.2 broke bluetooth becuase the device tree has no tags for 4.2.2 yet-- which means some change in the external bluetooth repo made the proprietary drivers (or more specifically lack of) that control the bluetooth on device cause a persistent segfault error. all fixed for the next build.

I see... Really interested in this ROM. So should I wait for the next build or just flash the latest one now.. I assume I won't have to do a full wipe to flash the next build if I'm on this right.. :)

G

GuestK0015

Improvements?

Very, VERY fast and smooth rom (way better than the stock rom) I only have a few questions about the rom.
My quadrant score is way lower than yours ( I get about 4200 points), is there a way to make it go higher? Is it possible to get the tablet UI taskbar in your rom? I like the unified bar with the clock and the buttons.

Thanks for the rom and keep up the good work!

unclesomebody

Sep 11, 2007

Great, because this bluetooth keyboard I just bought needs more use than just with my galaxy nexus! Look forward to am update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011

Just flashed this and noticed that you use faux kernel. It works with 3G models....???

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011

Just flashed stock 4.2.2 to see if bbc I player worked (it did) and when I restored prime 4.2.2 tge camera is now working :)
Did a factory reset before stock flash abd before restoring

Sent via TCP/IP

M

mariosanoguera

Just flashed stock 4.2.2 to see if bbc I player worked (it did) and when I restored prime 4.2.2 tge camera is now working :)
Did a factory reset before stock flash abd before restoring

Sent via TCP/IP

install Modaco Camera from playstore it works in this ROM ^^

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Very, VERY fast and smooth rom (way better than the stock rom) I only have a few questions about the rom.
My quadrant score is way lower than yours ( I get about 4200 points), is there a way to make it go higher? Is it possible to get the tablet UI taskbar in your rom? I like the unified bar with the clock and the buttons.

Thanks for the rom and keep up the good work!

force GPU to handle 2D (in dev options), use BFQ scheduler, and overclock to the max. you will get 6500 with the stock kernel easily if your chipset can handle the clock speeds. for use i don't recommend forcing the GPU to do 2D drawing though. It's not cached the same and isn't as smooth as the CPU.

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009

Did a quick search and found no matches. I've been using this ROM for days now, and finally decided to set up my email accounts, but the app is gone. Anyone have this issue, or the apk for JB?

Edit - I must have a bad productivity flash. Three times, lol. Finally got it sorted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

deyna

Dec 14, 2010
Hernando, MS

Very nice ROM! The only thing keeping me from using it as my daily is that I can seem to get the Navy bar on the right side in landscape. Keeping it on the bottom uses way too much space.
Did I just miss the option or is that tweak not implemented?

nadiros

Mar 3, 2010
New Westminster

Eh Prime... to add to the jpeg bug you mentioned earlier about some turbo lib that affects these in gallery. I am also experiencing this in other apps that also must have a jpeg/png(etc) mix. Most photos today in Google currents app are greyed out as well as sometimes in my Reddit app. Would it be possible to revert this new lib so to have better function over speed? Or if you could just let me know which one I can pull from another ROM and drop it in this one?

Loving everything else about these builds man :thumbup:

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

kernel source
    Release notes:

fixed bugs. fixed a LOT of bugs.
    java performance enhancements
    native code fixups/improvements
    enhanced pie functionality & speed
    fixed a ****-ton more memory leaks in the dalvik vm
    removed a lot of dead code from frameworks
    unregistered some content resolvers to use less system resources
    added check to add media to mutestate (non-wifi devices only)
    fixed/removed wallpaper gradient in Launcher2 using navbar/statusbar transparency
    fixed up display metrics calculation for recents panel layout. perfection.
    fixed AOKP navbar: long-press home for navring inflation again!!
    added a blank spacer target in the navbar
    added vibration control to performance settings
    fixed NOOP on surface dithering
    removed boot animation sound capability until i implement a method to on/off and choose media
    seriously tired of typing this so im' just going to stop
    oh, and duece is back for a visit
    D03-25 Release notes:

some UI cleanup
    many bug fixes
    layout fixes for tablet UI etc
    theming cleanup
    some repos with -fno-strict-aliasing hardcoded by linaro have been set to use fstrict-aliasing (more butter)
    plugged a lot of memory leaks since the last release
    some native code tweaks
    localized some optimizations to remove regressions caused in some places when set globally
    compiled with custom NDK
    compiled with custom toolchain
    stabilized cflags a bit to test my aliasing violation fixes mentioned above
    some script tweaking
    more logging removed
    bionic sin/cos optimization
    removed unnecessary debugging code from performance critical libc & libm
    auto brightness curve adjust fixed
    tits, butter, skittles...

this is a pretty solid build. i'd consider it a milestone release except i didn't get a chance to test it as much as i wanted.
    enjoi an update for grouper and tilapia

change log:
    fixed ****
    new ****
    tits, butter, & skittles
    release notes:

ui selector added: phablet/tablet/phone on the fly!!
    pie upgraded and less buggy now
    bugs fixed
    beats/bravia2 multimedia upgraded
    majority of the time spent fixing memory leaks and adding new compiler flags to make faster
    full graphite + link time optimization
    clibrary upgrades
    a lot of arch-arm NEON focused improvements (efficiency/speed)
    a lot of frameworks improvements for fluidity
    full hardware accelerated keyboard & pertinent frameworks elements
    expanded desktop can now be shut off.. and a list array was added to select hide statusbar, hide both, or turn off
    bunch -o- other ****

enjoi!!