[GAME] Finger Shepherd (Android)

Search This thread

ShibbyUK

Aug 26, 2009
Hi all,

I've been developing my game for a couple of years now (you reallly can't underestimate how long these things take when done in your spare time!)

I've finally released it, so would be interested in the feedback of you knowledgeable bunch. The game is called Finger Shepherd and is a sheep herding game with 3D graphics. As you know, there's only so many devices I can test on myself so any bugs / issues / suggestions / feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The package is called "shibby.fingershepherd"; if someone else could post the URL for me I'd be grateful!

Mod Edit: Here you go

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shibby.fingershepherd

Some screenshots attached.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!
Lewis (Shibby)

Attachments

• finger_shepherd.jpg
    finger_shepherd.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 942
  • finger_shepherd2.jpg
    finger_shepherd2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 868
  • finger_shepherd3.jpg
    finger_shepherd3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 746
  • finger_shepherd4.jpg
    finger_shepherd4.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 686
Last edited by a moderator:

ShibbyUK

Aug 26, 2009
Thanks - much appreciated! :)

I've had a few comments that the difficulty is too high on some of the water levels. The drop-off rate through the online leaderboards seems to support this, so I'm planning to make a few tweaks...

ShibbyUK

Aug 26, 2009
Finger Shepherd Updated

I have now published an update. Any more feedback, please let me know and I'll work to improve the game :)

Changelog:
  • Much needed tweaking of difficulty on a number of levels
  • Lighting bugfix
  • Tip display bugfix on smaller screens
  • Performance optimised on certain devices
  • You can now unlock one of the minigames by sharing on twitter

The new version is displayed as 1.0.2.

I'd appreciate it if any users here would have a go at enabling Gree and logging some scores to the leaderboards - this uses 3rd party code that could do with as much testing as possible ( much like my own code really ;) )

ciurkut

May 13, 2013
When screen turns off after you win the game goes to pause menu from which you can only restart or go back to game youve already won. Otherwise very nice game :)

ShibbyUK

Aug 26, 2009
Hi,

Just letting you know that the game has been updated again! Target times have been adjusted again based on user feedback. Also there is a brand new minigame called "The Maze" waiting for you to play :victory:

eli.r

May 8, 2013
www.epollomes.com
Very fun and nice idea ! I had my finger on the screen when it first started it took me by surprise :p

The game runs smooth and very well, I just noticed that you are allowing the user to change some stuff that as developers we use mostly to debug such as the FPS which in my opinion you can make it (even as a setting) disabled and invisible to the user. Much better UX in my opinion

Also, It worked well on a relatively low end device = ), didn't expect that as it is 3D

Again nice game and well done! Left you a comment on GP for support : )

ShibbyUK

Aug 26, 2009
Thanks folks, I'm chuffed you like the game :) The feedback is useful and I intend to keep up with the updates.

Also, It worked well on a relatively low end device = ), didn't expect that as it is 3D
Again nice game and well done! Left you a comment on GP for support : )

Thanks for the great review. I started the game (just checked) in April 2011, so it's designed to work on the devices that were popular back then at a minimum. :)

Really nice game. Looks like all your time and effort paid off.

I'm glad you like it! I'm not totally convinced that it's paid off, however :( It's so difficult to get downloads - very few per day, and it's on its way down the rankings at the moment. Hard to see where new downloads will come from... It's incredibly competitive in the play store nowadays - might be a different story if I had released it 2 years ago.

Sorry, don't mean to sound too depressed about it! It's been a fun experience developing the game and I'm already thinking about the next one :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I've been developing my game for a couple of years now (you reallly can't underestimate how long these things take when done in your spare time!)

I've finally released it, so would be interested in the feedback of you knowledgeable bunch. The game is called Finger Shepherd and is a sheep herding game with 3D graphics. As you know, there's only so many devices I can test on myself so any bugs / issues / suggestions / feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The package is called "shibby.fingershepherd"; if someone else could post the URL for me I'd be grateful!

Mod Edit: Here you go

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shibby.fingershepherd

Some screenshots attached.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!
    Lewis (Shibby)