VZW Moto X dev rooted. go back to stock recovery?

Search This thread

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
If I go back to the stock recovery from TWRP will I still be rooted? I'd like to go back to stock recovery for the remote-wipe capabilities of android device manager.

Thanks

D

Darth

I don't personally know the method, but yes you can restore the stock recovery and still be rooted. Its on the forum here somewhere.

Just know that feature will put a drain on your battery life. Just a heads up. ;)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

Last edited:

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
take the recovery image from the fxz plug your phone into your pc with usb cable. Put the phone into fast boot open a command prompt to where you have the recovery.img and type into the command prompt.... fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and you have the stock recovery back.

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
take the recovery image from the fxz plug your phone into your pc with usb cable. Put the phone into fast boot open a command prompt to where you have the recovery.img and type into the command prompt.... fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and you have the stock recovery back.

I know how to restore the stock recovery. Just curious if I will still be rooted after doing so.