Wireless Tether to A500

Search This thread

Gcracker47

Jun 28, 2010
I have found a fairly easy way to tether the 3g connection on my droid x to my a500. The wireless tether app in the market was not working at all, neither was barnacle.

Attached is the wifi tether app which does work, download and install it on your phone.

Once installed and running; the a500 will see the network and connect to it, but still no internet when the browser is opened.

To fix that: open it and go to menu > settings > Change LAN > and select 192.168.3.0/24.

Hooray, it works; Just in time for a road trip :D
I hope this is helpful for others.

Attachments

• wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14-1.apk
    358.9 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:

OffcerClancy

Jun 6, 2011
I have found a fairly easy way to tether the 3g connection on my droid x to my a500. The wireless tether app in the market was not working at all, neither was barnacle.

To fix that: open it and go to menu > settings > Change LAN > and select 192.168.3.0/24.

Thank you for the tip.

Did you try the "Change LAN" fix for thother tether apps? Which phone ROM are you using?

Gcracker47

Jun 28, 2010
For the other tether apps my a500 did not recognize the network at all.

I am using the stock rom for a500;
Justice/liberty & apex for droid x

johnQuijote

Jul 29, 2011

Attached is the wifi tether app which does work, download and install it on your phone.

Once installed and running; the a500 will see the network and connect to it, but still no internet when the browser is opened.

Hooray, it works; Just in time for a road trip :D
I hope this is helpful for others.

Are you installing this on your droid phone, or your a500? Duh... I read your post more closely... install on the phone. *slaps forehead*

I've got a Samsung Replenish I want to tether to my a500... tips?

Last edited:

johnQuijote

Jul 29, 2011
For the other tether apps my a500 did not recognize the network at all.

I am using the stock rom for a500;
Justice/liberty & apex for droid x

I'm having the same problem; no recognition that they hotspot even exists.

My a500 is rooted, but other than that, it's stock. Did you have to do anything to it?

maclif63

Oct 28, 2011
acer inconia 500a wireless tetering galaxy s

my solution is

in Galaxy S settings-wireless connections-use as cellular modem-mobile AP

in Acer Inconia 500 turn ON the wireless - it should recognize the Galaxy S

I use a USB connection between the two to use the 500 battery on the Galaxy S

that's it :D

sRDennyCrane

I just downloaded FoxFi (free app) from the market, had it set up and running on my Razr Maxx in a couple minutes, and it's been problem-free since. No settings on the tablet needed at all. Set your password on the phone, enter it on the A500, good to go.

Reactions: soks3d

internetpilot

Jan 26, 2011
Ponte Vedra, FL
This is more dependant on your phone (ROM, kernel, tethering app, etc.) than it is on the A500. I was tethering fine between my A500 and my Sprint HTC Evo 4G until the latest Gingerbread update, where Sprint purposely broke it with the new kernel. Running a non-stock kernel solved that problem for me.

This will continue to resurface as a problem for most phones because the service providers don't want you tethering without paying the extra $ for the feature.

drmrjake

Nov 26, 2009
i wouldnt use foxfi, i read somewhere that they gather info (i think its in the permission box you check off)

but if you install the AD-HOC wifi patch it wifi teather or wireless tether should work just fine.

just google ad-hoc wifi patch (i cant post it) heck i found it in the dev section

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just downloaded FoxFi (free app) from the market, had it set up and running on my Razr Maxx in a couple minutes, and it's been problem-free since. No settings on the tablet needed at all. Set your password on the phone, enter it on the A500, good to go.