[Guide]How to revive your bricked Gnote

Search This thread

uggies

Jul 5, 2011
Australia
That operation is quite complicated then you have to rebuild all partition and then flash bootloader, kernel,...Also there maybe also X-loader before bootloader and some hidden partition we do not know what it hold. I guess only some top experts in Note forum can attempt with that...and may also need support from the the company...

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Because there are faulty blocks in those areas.

Now please try 2000-3000

Does not even show up percentage and promts error message. So I just keep try this and find non-faulty area?

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
Does not even show up percentage and promts error message. So I just keep try this and find non-faulty area?

Try 2400-3100

If it does not work we just have to rm 11 and use some space of the sdcard (ums).

The the case from drnull for your information some guiding light:

Quote from drnull:
-----
EDIT:

I'm still playing with parted and creating different sized partitions. It seems anytime I make a partition down into the 1070MB-3070MB range, it locks up. I.e., the following parted commands all lockup:

Code:
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 1070MB 3070MB
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 1090MB 3070MB
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 2090MB 3070MB
But this one worked:
Code:
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 923MB 1066MB
But it's way too small.

So now I've tried removing 11 which was:
Code:
11 3070MB 15.4GB 12.4GB fat32 UMS
And giving 10 some of that "good" region of the MMC, and giving 11 back the rest:
Code:
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 3070MB 5217MB
mkpartfs UMS fat32 5218MB 12.4GB
That seemed to work.

--------
unquote

Last edited:

uggies

Jul 5, 2011
Australia
Try 2400-3100

If it does not work we just have to rm 11 and use some space of the sdcard (ums).

The the case from drnull for your information some guiding light:

Quote from drnull:
-----
EDIT:

I'm still playing with parted and creating different sized partitions. It seems anytime I make a partition down into the 1070MB-3070MB range, it locks up. I.e., the following parted commands all lockup:

Code:
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 1070MB 3070MB
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 1090MB 3070MB
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 2090MB 3070MB
But this one worked:
Code:
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 923MB 1066MB
But it's way too small.

So now I've tried removing 11 which was:
Code:
11 3070MB 15.4GB 12.4GB fat32 UMS
And giving 10 some of that "good" region of the MMC, and giving 11 back the rest:
Code:
mkpartfs DATAFS ext2 3070MB 5217MB
mkpartfs UMS fat32 5218MB 12.4GB
That seemed to work.

--------
unquote

Finally, I managed to get datafs !!!!

I used 'print' command just to check, but for some reason, factoryfs has no file system? maybe I should do rm 9 and do the process again?

pp.jpg

prabhu1980

Dec 13, 2009
Indore
Forest1971 can you please issue a command to check only bad blocks and log into a log file.

I am back in an hour to discuss about other tools and similar issues faced.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
Finally, I managed to get datafs !!!!

I used 'print' command just to check, but for some reason, factoryfs has no file system? maybe I should do rm 9 and do the process again?

View attachment 1074133

Yes, good progress. cheers! You may also try to have 281 to 999 or to 1100. May be it works then will have some more space for factoryfs.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Forest1971 can you please issue a command to check only bad blocks and log into a log file.

I am back in an hour to discuss about other tools and similar issues faced.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

Hi Prabhu: I only know the check command under parted. But drnull has wrote he got it all freeze when the try to scan and fix the fault. So I think will not try with that approach. cheers.

Last edited:

uggies

Jul 5, 2011
Australia
Finally everything is in place.

Before I flash anything, can you please check if factoryfs and datafs looks about right?

Attachments

• pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 166

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
Finally everything is in place.

Before I flash anything, can you please check if factoryfs and datafs looks about right?

Yes, it looks good :). The name of partition is now in lower case letter. Shouldn't be a problem but take note of that in case.

Please noted that you have only 610mb for the system. It will hold most of roms though.

I guess someone mention abyssnote 3.9 is a good kernel. You should go for that one.
than try to see if computer can mount sdcard. In that case I guess better install rom from cmw (after abyssnote has been install successfully). I guess maybe try with rocket rom or some other custom gb roms first, before trying with stock gb.

We have gone quite some distance.

Last edited:

anilisanil

Mar 1, 2012
Pune
Great going guys. It is high time you change the title of this thread to something more meaningful now!!

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

... What the hell. I cant flash kernel via odin now ....

What is the error message? Try flashing only the PIT first, may be you want to try flashing the boot loader too.

Never mind, first tell us the symptoms.

Last edited:

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
Great going guys. It is high time you change the title of this thread to something more meaningful now!!

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

What is the error message? Try flashing only the PIT first, may be you want to try flashing the boot loader too.

No do not mess with PIT.

try to find a zip file kernel and flash it through the current cwm.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

No do not mess with PIT.

try to find a zip file kernel and flash it through the current cwm.

Or try again with odin and with another kernel tar file somewhere. But do now use PIT since it will reverse partition to original and undo our work.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

What is the error message? Try flashing only the PIT first, may be you want to try flashing the boot loader too.[/QUOTE]

From my reading we should try not to flash bootloader unless it is necessary. Since if thing goes wrong with bootloader will cause the device to unbootable and will need JIG to boot. That is complicated.

anilisanil

Mar 1, 2012
Pune
OK. But if we changed the partition tables, it is kind of obvious that we will not be able to flash like before, right?

I mean how does the Odin knows where and how to write to? Did we do anything to tell the system that the new partition is so-and-so?

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
OK. But if we changed the partition tables, it is kind of obvious that we will not be able to flash like before, right?

I mean how does the Odin knows where and how to write to? Did we do anything to tell the system that the new partition is so-and-so?

Hi: I guess the number and name of the partition is still the same so it should be recognized.

Still. I would suggest using cwm to flash since we have had problem with flashing odin.

Abyssnote is originally packed for cwm so it is more convenient.
Links for download abyssnote, just incase.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1362424

cheers

Reactions: prabhu1980

uggies

Jul 5, 2011
Australia
First trial on flashing kernel, the green bar went up to the end, but it just did not finish. So I unplugged and reboot into download mode

Second trial, flashed with no problem.... LOL sorry

And now I am flashing Stock GB ROM without PIT file but only PDA. Wish me luck please :)

UPDATE: It is still stuck at the edge of factoryfs... just like before. DAMM !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Robotu

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
First trial on flashing kernel, the green bar went up to the end, but it just did not finish. So I unplugged and reboot into download mode

Second trial, flashed with no problem.... LOL sorry

And now I am flashing Stock GB ROM without PIT file but only PDA. Wish me luck please :)

UPDATE: It is still stuck at the edge of factoryfs... just like before. DAMM !!

Try to flash rom with CWM. NOw you have gb kernel so it is safe to flash using cwm.

Also I was also suspecting the abyssnote kernel in the tar format not sure it is a good one. I think better download a abyssnote kernel in zip format and then install it through cwm.

I have downloaded abyssnote 3.9 from the site and attached in the post. Hope you will give it a try with cwm.

Attachments

• AbyssNotekernel39CustomLogo.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

prabhu1980

Dec 13, 2009
Indore
Dear Forest1971

I understood why u didnt go for mk2efs.

Thanks ..
But in case we are not out of this by resizing I recommend to format the partition using a low level command.

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0pxx

and before trying this I would suggest Logging into a file the result of scandisk.

We may need a brave guy to test this as there is a case of freeze.

Forest1971 : I have a basic query.
a) Where are the partition information stored ??
b) is there any command equivalent to debugfs in android.
c) Bad Blocks when found the command issued is to save the data. Hence it might have freezed failing so.
d) I think We need a low level format wipe as indicated above with block size and complete restructuring.

Please throw light.....

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Forest1971 :
Please also Let me know if the MBR is stumped.
Normally if problems are like this, the MBR has been taken for a ride.

Sorry If i am not framing my queries properly.
Read this http://www.techrepublic.com/article/saving-and-restoring-the-partition-table/1055302

and this ...
http://askubuntu.com/questions/18826/is-it-possible-to-reset-the-badblocks

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
Dear Forest1971

I understood why u didnt go for mk2efs.

Thanks ..
But in case we are not out of this by resizing I recommend to format the partition using a low level command.

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0pxx

and before trying this I would suggest Logging into a file the result of scandisk.

We may need a brave guy to test this as there is a case of freeze.

Forest1971 : I have a basic query.
a) Where are the partition information stored ??
b) is there any command equivalent to debugfs in android.
c) Bad Blocks when found the command issued is to save the data. Hence it might have freezed failing so.
d) I think We need a low level format wipe as indicated above with block size and complete restructuring.

Please throw light.....

We still have the last option to resize sdcard and use some of that space for factoryfs and datafs (which drnull have done successfully to recover his phone).

I do not have clue with the other options yet but guess other members are also attempting to work out?

Reactions: Robotu and uggies

uggies

Jul 5, 2011
Australia
Yessssssss it finally boots into cm9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy fuuuuuuuu !!! I cant explain how excited i am!!!! 2 full days of working !!!!!!!

Omfg thanks heaps especially forest1971 !!!!!!!!!!!

Wowowo i still cant believe this

Update : I dont know why ... but it freezes every 5 seconds and I have to reboot every time.... BUT I AM STILL EXCITED

Update 2: I can see that it freezes everytime its preparing my internal sd card... is it ok to wipe sd card?

Last edited:
Reactions: Robotu and stoney73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guide for repartition workaround to fix super-brick Note

I was on Offical leaked Taiwan version of ICS, then i decided to move to XXLPY version of ICS. I went to CMW to full wipe data, but for some reason, my note froze during wiping data... :(

I have waited long enough, but it was stuck. With no choice, I removed the battery then tried to boot, but it was stuck on the first screen.

From then on, I have tried to recover my note using various Offical ROMs, the taiwan leak, German leak and even old GB ROM, but I am stuck at Factoryfs...

I am pretty sure Ive tried everything, put PIT and not put PIT, Kernel, etc...

For some reason, Kernel can be installed just fine, but when it comes to ROMs, it stucks at this screen.

View attachment 1069879

Please, any help is appreciated

There has been confirmation that In many cases it is the faulty system partitions (caused by wipe using the buggy ICS stock kernel or other reasons). In that case re-partition workaround will help revive your brick phone. The first one who has applied the method successfully is "Drnull" for another similar device (epic4g).

So for those who would like to use this solution follow the guide below which I developed based on the hints from Drnull and a re-partition guide for Kindle Fire by Eldarerathis and Soundwire.
    Credits and thanks to them.

Big thanks to: Prabhu1980, Matiasg85, Uggies, Bodivas, As i9000, Alekhkhanna, Travis82 and others who have provided precious tools, troubleshoot solutions, advice and support for making this guide more complete and easy to use! Also Special thanks to Lyriquidperfection for his great PIT Magic and Hg42 for his custom PIT method!
    ------------------
    I. Case Classification and solution when there is no recovery mode:

1. Case A. If you can enter recovery: then use scanning tool to find where the damage is. Should use hg42 scanners or use the procedures described in the manual method below (Go until steps 4 to find the answers). The scanning can guide you to find the most suitable strategy for re-partition. After scanning you can use the most suitable custom pit files from the set of custom pit files in hg42's thread or use the method in this guide or a combination of both in an intuitive way to revive your brick Note.

2. Case B. If you only have download mod, no recovery:
    if you flash using odin and it gets stuck at factoryfs or datafs repeatedly and you have made wipe/factory reset using ICS stock kernel, then you certainly have emmc brick. You can try to flash some kernel attached in this guide to see if can enter recovery. IF yes, then go back to Case A. If not you can use a blind method using the custom pit files below. Try one by one. The one from 2.0 should work for you. If not then from 2.1 to 2.5, one of those should work.

2.0. Custom pit that works for most cases of emmc brick
    2.1. Custom pit option 1
    2.2. Custom pit option 2
    2.3. Custom pit option 3
    2.4. Custom pit option 4
    2.5. Custom pit option 5

-----------------------------------

II. Manual re-partition
    Notes for using Manual repartition:
    1. For those who can get SS warranty service to fix it for free then you should go there, and do not need to try repartition.
    2. know how to run command prompt (MS-DOS) from window.
    3. Partitions can be delete and recreate like in a computer hdd and it is reversible: you can do and redo again and again and can also go back to original scheme by flashing original PIT file.
    4. If you like to recover data from your internal sdcard (photos, music, books...) you should look at Item 9 near the end of the guide.
    5. And do not try to hold me responsible if you mess things up further than your current state in your phone.

1. The tools:
    - Download the screen shot of the Note’s partitions for your reference information
    - Install USB driver: You should be able to have adb driver for Note. If not, then download Note usb driver from here.
    - Prepare adb folder: download adb folder from Here and extract adb folder to c: driver of your computer, you will have the tools folder which has adb.exe in it. You should now have adb working for your Note.
    - Install custom recovery so that you can get into recovery and connect adb.
    + if you have installed GB rom (as part of the unbrick process) then download and install the attached 4pda_kernel.tar from Here.
    It will raise flash counter but you can reset later using Triangleaway by Chainfire.
    + If you were ICS rom: then download and flash Speemod kernel for ICS Here., using odin.
    + If you were on JB rom then download and flash Speedmod kernel for JB from Here.

2. Set up the tools:

- after flashing one of the suitable kernel from above you should now be able to enter recovery.
    - Then restart the phone to recovery (Using three buttons).
    - Then connect to computer using usb cable.

3. Then run cmd from your computer and cd (change directory) to the folder that has adb.exe in your computer.
    Then run,
    Code:
    adb devices

it should give you some number then it means your device is connect in adb
    then:
    Code:
    adb shell
    it should give you the sign like this: ~ #
    -------
    Note: In case adb shell it only gives this sign $ (after you have installed the 4pda_kernel) then it showed there is a mismatch of that kernel with the rom that is sitting on your (semi-brick) Note and it does not give full root. In that case you should download and install this CM9 based safe kernel from this links which should help you to get full adb root access with this sign ~ #. It is a zip file and need to be install from CWM (not odin) by copy it to external sdcard or internal sdcard (by mount usb storage to PC or adb push.
    -------

Then run (noted that umount is without N):
    Code:
    ~ # umount /cache
    ~ # umount /system
    ~ # umount /data
    If one of those "umount /" commands return "invalid argument" just ignore it and continue with next steps.
    This is to unmount cache, systemfs and datafs partitions.

Note: it is easier to copy and paste (right click mouse) the code to CMD windown to save time and avoid typing error.
    Then run the parted.
    Code:
    ~ # parted /dev/block/mmcblk0
    if it aska you to fix something just choose yes. It should give you bellow:

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0
    GNU Parted 1.8.8.1.179-aef3
    Using /dev/block/mmcblk0
    Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
    (parted)
    Then run:
    Code:
    (parted) print
    It will give you a picture of your Note’s partitions as in the screen shots I have attached. (text version is below):
    print
    print
    Model: MMC VYL00M (sd/mmc)
    Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15.8GB
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
    Partition Table: gpt

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
    1 4194kB 25.2MB 21.0MB ext4 EFS
    2 25.2MB 26.5MB 1311kB SBL1
    3 27.3MB 28.6MB 1311kB SBL2
    4 29.4MB 37.7MB 8389kB PARAM
    5 37.7MB 46.1MB 8389kB KERNEL
    6 46.1MB 54.5MB 8389kB RECOVERY
    7 54.5MB 264MB 210MB ext4 CACHE
    8 264MB 281MB 16.8MB MODEM
    9 281MB 1174MB 893MB ext4 FACTORYFS
    10 1174MB 3322MB 2147MB ext4 DATAFS
    11 3322MB 15.2GB 11.9GB fat32 UMS
    12 15.2GB 15.8GB 537MB ext4 HIDDEN

--------------------
    4. Scanning for Partition errors:
    4.1. Use DD:
    Do to a thorough scan of partitions (block damage) you can use DD command below one by one (it only read partition block by block and no write, so it is totally safe).
    Damage is mostly found in partition 7, 9, 10, 11. You can use dd to check other partition from 1 to 6 as well.
    Code:
    (parted) quit
    ~ # dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/dev/null
    ~ # dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/dev/null
    ~ # dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/dev/null 
    ~ # dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/dev/null
    Scan partition 7 and 9 will be quick (less than a minute) partition 10 take about 3 minutes and 11 about 5-7 minutes.
    - If it return in and outs and partition size then they are fine (no faulty blocks)
    - If it freezes (or run too long more than 10 minutes), or return something like "read/write I/O error" then it means you have some damage in that respective partition and read command failed. In this case should restart CMD/adb and run the test again for the partition that give I/O error to make sure the error is permanent and result of test is reliable.

4.2. There is also anther scan tool to double check if there are partitions faults: that is e2fsck. It comes with 4_pda and CM9 kernel given. The added benefit is that it can also repair minor memory block damage.
    This tool can only be used for ext4 partition (7, 9,10) and it need to be used after "umount /cache"... steps in point 3. It is suggested that before attempting with re-partition you should first try to use this tool to scan and fix the damaged block. The command is below:
    Code:
    ~ # e2fsck -f -c –y /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
    ~ # e2fsck -f -c –y /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
    ~ # e2fsck -f -c –y /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    The results of e2fsck scanning can be as below:
    - If there is no faulty block e2fsck will report: "no bad block found". then good!
    - If it freezes then it has encountered emmc bug damaged and cannot fix: In this case will definitely need re-partition.
    - If it report encountered some damaged block and has fixed the damage: In this case you can try to go back to install rom. If it work, that is great. If still get stuck as before then you will need to do re-partition.

Guide for the most suitable re-partition scheme after scanning partitions (read carefully for the best result):

1. In case you do not find bad blocks in the above 4 partitions, the problem is certainly not related to partitions fault. Then you should explore other unbrick methods, using Heimdall to flash instead of odin for example.

2. In case there are fault in both partition 9 and 10 then follow steps in point from 5.1 to 5.3 below. applying this scheme of re-partition should work in most cases!.

3. In case there are faulty in partition 9 only, then can follow steps in point 7 to save some more space.

4. In case there are faulty in partition 10 only, then can follow steps in point 7 to save some more space.

5. In case there are faulty blocks in Cache partition, then follow point 5.4

6. In case there are faulty in partition 11: go to point 8
    ---------------------

5. Re-partition workaround for case of faulty in partitions 9 and 10:
    :
    5.1 remove partitions to get rid of the faulty ones and make space available for new ones:
    Code:
    (parted) print

(parted) rm 9
    (parted) rm 10
    (parted) rm 11
    That will remove three partitions factoryfs (9), datafs (10) and UMS (11) so as to make rooms for new partitions

5.2. To create three new partitions from the good area:
    Code:
    (parted) mkpart primary 3322.881536 4216.268288
    (parted) mkpart primary 4217 6364
    (parted) mkpartfs primary fat32 6364 15200

(parted) name 9 FACTORYFS
    (parted) name 10 DATAFS
    (parted) name 11 UMS

Notes: You can also use custom pit provided in 2.0 to re-partition in this case.
    -------------
    5.3. Convert format for 9 and 10: The above steps have created three new partitions. However, for 9 and 10 the format is ext2 and now need to be converted to ext4.

The easiest way is to go back to CWM in your phone. Then, go into mounts and storage menu and choose format /system and format /data. It will convert file system of partition 9 and 10 to ext4 automatically for you.

If the above steps are successful then check:
    Code:
    (parted) print

Note: after printed partition and they look fine, then should check again the partition using dd command to scan partitions 9, 10, 11 as in the step 4 to make sure that newly created partition are fault-free. If they continue to report faulty block then you will need to do re-partition again and create new partitions in the new range (by changing start and end number of partitions).
    ------------
    Dealing with Cache partition:
    5.4. It is very, very unlikely that Cache is also faulty but in case there is you can follow steps below to deal with it.
    First should remove and recreate with same size and location:
    Code:
    (parted) rm 7
    Then recreate it:
    Code:
    (parted) mkpartfs primary ext2 54.5 264
    (parted) name 7 CACHE
    Then you can go into CWM and format /cache, it will convert file system to ext4.

In case parted give I/O error then you can try to reduce the size of cache to 128MB, choose the start and end number somewhere in the space from 54.5MB to 264MB.

6. Suggestions for rom installations:
    It is recommend to use a custom GB rom (Darky GB, CheckRom GB, and Rocket GB...)they are old but very good roms. Dowload links and instructions for installation can be found in this link. Custom ICS roms (such as Rocket ICS, CleaNote ICS...) are also good. They can be found from the same link for GB rom provided or from the Note development sections. Using CM9 ICS such as Nightlies is recommended since it is safe and very lightweight (less than 140 MB) so it is quick to download.

Note: Flash custom rom by CWM (load rom.zip from computer to internal or external sdcard and flash) seem to be a better way than using odin and is recommended but you can try both.

7. Guide for some cases of only one partition have faulty blocks:

7.1. In case you scan partition and identify that there are damage only in partition 9 (factoryfs) then you can remove 9, 10, and 11 and then start making partition from 1174 MB:
    Code:
    (parted) rm 9
    (parted) rm 10
    (parted) rm 11
    (parted) mkpart primary 1174.405120 2067.791872
    (parted) mkpart primary 2068 4215
    (parted) mkpartfs primary fat32 4215 15200

(parted) name 10 DATAFS
    (parted) name 11 UMS
    Then go into CWM to format system and data. Then you can install rom.

7.2. In case you identify that there is faulty blocks in partition 10 only (datafs) then you can remove 10 and 11 only (leave 9 alone) and start making partition 10 from 3322 mb:
    Code:
    (parted) rm 10
    (parted) rm 11
    (parted) mkpart primary 3322 5469
    (parted) mkpartfs primary fat32 5469 15200
    (parted) name 10 DATAFS
    (parted) name 11 UMS

Then go into CWM and format data. and you can install rom.

It is also known that the hidden partition (partition 12) is not needed for normal use and install of roms. So you can delete it and enlarge the UMS partition (to 15800mb) and you will have a larger sdcard to use.

It is also noted that the size of datafs partition does not need to be exact 2147 mb so you can create it with the size of 2000 mb or smaller or bigger as you wish.

Still the size of factoryfs partition has to be correct so that odin will accept it when flash.

8. In the case of damage in partition 11 (UMS) this often also go with damage in partition 9 and 10. In this case I have worked out 5 options of partition scheme. You need to try from one to 5. One of those should work for you.
    You can also use one of the custom Pit files provided at 2.1 to 2.5 above.

Option 1:
    Code:
    (parted) print

(parted) rm 9
    (parted) rm 10
    (parted) rm 11

(parted) mkpart primary 4608 5501.386752
    (parted) mkpart primary 5501.386752 7648.8704
    (parted) mkpartfs primary fat32 7648.8704 15200

(parted) name 10 DATAFS
    (parted) name 11 UMS
    After done, reboot into recovery format system, format data. Then you can proceed with install stock or custom rom.

If it get errors when create partition or CWM get stuck during format then you need to try the next option of partition scheme as below.

Option 2:
    Code:
    (parted) mkpart primary 6400 7293.386752
    (parted) mkpart primary 7293.386752 9440.8704
    (parted) mkpartfs primary fat32 9440.8704 15200
    Option 3:
    Code:
    (parted) mkpart primary 7936 8829.386752
    (parted) mkpart primary 8829.386752 10976.8704
    (parted) mkpartfs primary fat32 10976.8704 15200
    Option 4:
    Code:
    (parted) mkpart primary 9216 10109.386752
    (parted) mkpart primary 10109.386752 12256.8704
    (parted) mkpartfs primary fat32 12256.8704 15200
    Option 5:
    Code:
    (parted) mkpart primary 11,008 11901.386752
    (parted) mkpart primary 11901.386752 14048.8704
    (parted) mkpartfs primary fat32 14048.8704 15200

9. Notes on recovering files from brick phone: For recovering data from internal sdcard, there are few ways below:
    - You can try to install aroma file manager under CWM recovery using file from here. It works under recovery environment and allow you to copy files from internal sdcard to external sdcard.

- If that does not work, you can follow the guide until step 4, then in step 5 remove only partition 9 and 10 and leave partition 11 alone. Then try to create a full size partition 9 (factoryfs) with about 800MB and a very small size (100mb) partition 10 (datafs) and fit these two partitions within the remaining good area in the range from 281mb to 3322mb. Then you can install a custom rom and get it working to copy files to your PC. After that you can remove partition 11 to make full size partition 9 and 10 with steps as in the guide.

- Also you can adb shell, then list directory and files in internal sdcard (~ # ls /sdcard ...etc) and then adb pull files from internal sdcard to your PC one by one.

If you like to know more about using parted, go to the documentation page here:
    http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/html_mono/parted.html

Update of progress: As rough figures, more than 100 users have reported successfully revised their Notes after fixing partitions problems using either manual/adb methods or custom PIT file method from Hg42 or combined both. Re-partition have revised many super-bricks Notes! :):D.

If you can revive your Note please share your success with us so that we can share your good feeling :)!

And press thanks if you find this guide useful. Thanks.
    I was on Offical leaked Taiwan version of ICS, then i decided to move to XXLPY version of ICS. I went to CMW to full wipe data, but for some reason, my note froze during data wiping... :(

I have waited long enough, but it was froze. With no choice, I removed the battery then tried to boot, but it was stuck on the first screen.

From then on, I have tried to recover my note using various Offical ROMs, the taiwan leak, German leak and even old GB ROMs, but I am stuck at Factoryfs...

I am pretty sure Ive tried everything, add PIT and not add PIT, Kernel, etc...

For some reason, Kernel can be flashed just fine, but when it comes to ROMs, it stucks at this screen.

dd.jpg

Please, any help is appreciated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was my situation 3 days ago, but i managed to get it back to life from this post by Forest1971:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26285877&postcount=12

Thank you Forest1971 for this great guide :)
    Hi forest1971 first thx for your help and sorry for my bad english i gonna check post 12 in this topic? That collect?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Yes in post 12.

Also Matiasg85, Uggies and other people in the forum can also help.

Goodluck

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Wow!!!! My note back to me now!!! Great thanks to xda guys, especially to Forest, as i9000, and hg42 (refer to his post at the same time) .....

after solving the ext4 problem, I used cwm to flash darkyrom_note_3.4.1, successful!!!
    Thanks, again.

Wow. I love every time to see that kind of report :D.

thanks you too. But remember to press some thanks to me and others too! :D. Thanks
    I'm not bricked, but I have to thank Uggies for creating this thread, forest1971 for sharing his knowledge and for his dedication/patience, and all the users who have been reporting their progress.

I've learned a lot in here. The info found in this thread is not only useful for Note. Definitely, it's a must read/follow thread.

Thx!

Thanks for nice comments :)!

Yes. I guess it is useful partition tools for all android devices.

cheers

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

I am very happy too to see you get your Note back working again. Congratulation!

The speed of 1.5 MB per second is not too slow.

cheers,

thanks you very much from the bottom of my heart :)

i did like you told me (parted) print to check if its ext2 or ext4 so its ext4

pleaze check my screenshot and told me if everything is correct now bcz i checked my internel phone storage its 798 mb only b4 it was about 2 gb

Yes it looks fine.

Also the internal storage (datafs partition) is now only 850mb which I think is quite sufficient. It is good that now you still have a large sdcard partition of more than 11GB, so you did not loose any useful space.

In case your internal data partition fill-up and not enough for installing more applications (which I doubt will be the case for most users) you can go back and change the size again (taking the space from UMS partition).

About slow data transfer: my phone also have similar slow data transfer even though I have not messed with it's partitions. So I am not sure why yet.

cheers
    thanks uggies for the guide

yesterday i had hard-brick but was fixed by adb shell with this guide :D:p
    i deleted 4 partitons FACTORYFS,DATAFS,UMS and CACHE and i recreated them again i'm over the moon and alive again :p:D

It is forest1971 who wrote the guide and you should be thankful to him :)

Also, I am very happy to hear that your note have been unbricked ! Life is good again yay?

Forest, you have got quite a few successors today havent ya ? :)

Cheers mate