Search This thread

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Didn't take any screens before I switched but I was getting 25-30mps
And after the swap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

that's very nice...lol...still didn't beat my record though...lol I hit 87mpbs.I spiked the network and caused my phone to crash and reboot right after I took that scteenshot..lol..The screenshot is in the first post....But that's the second highest I ever seen!!

Last edited:

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
sometimes the trick is to..delete the stock apn...edit ATT LTE apn types and info on 1st post...click save.. reboot possibly...then add the stock att one back in for mms. then the ATT LTE will stick and not revert to the stock one...hope this helps

Wow. I didn't have to delete, just reboot. I'm hitting in the 15mbs now. Thanks! This makes me want to go download stuff just because it's fast

DJBBOX

Sep 14, 2012
Miami/Panama
OK I had turned on WiFi by the time I took the screenshot but here is another one

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349709635889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349709635889.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 729
Reactions: wish777

billjaber

Sep 7, 2012
iPhone APN (IPCC)

Hey,

Anyone know how to port this over to an iPhone 5?

I found tools to build your own IPCC online, but none that go this in depth.

Thanks!

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Yes been doing that since I started to be throttled. Thanks anyway.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr! ;)

It was onced said that if you delete these two files,and changing your apn like you did At&t couldn't detect the usage...But I believe they debunked this method long ago..I've deleted these two files for being throttled..but they come back sooner or later its strange.check it out in screenshot next post:

Last edited:

AndroidVageta

Jan 29, 2010
Thanks for the Straight Talk APN! WOW! I don't even NEED some big company now...getting like 3-4mb down 1-2up...may not be the fastest, but it definitely allows me to surf the web flawlessly...apps download are nice and speedy too.

Damn...$45 a month for unlimited everything...gotta love it!

manyfresh80

Jul 5, 2012
Is it possible to do this on straight talk just wondering

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

crxlvr

Jan 24, 2011
New York
Saw no difference after doing this mod. It depends on your server load

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off am currently on CM9 and flashed UCLC5-Modem here- http://www.mediafire.com/?7vwp5pdsqd1v9ep
    Flash it.. Then reboot...BUT I DO BELIEVE IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT MODEM YOUR CURRENTLY USING..

REMEMBER IF YOUR LTE APN DOESN'T STICK, TO DELETE YOUR OLD APN FIRST, THEN MAKE THIS ATT LTE APN THEN, SAVE IT.ENABLE IT....then make other apn if needed be...for the ones having difficulty.

GO TO MOBILE NETWORK>ACCESS POINT NAMES>ATT LTE
    MAKE SURE THE SETTINGS ARE EXACTLY LIKE THIS:

AT&T APN Settings
    Enter exactly as shown

Name: ATT LTE
    APN: pta
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: none
    APN type:default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri,internet
    APN protocol :IPv4/IPv6 (this setting experimental and is optional)
    (make sure NO spaces after commas)
    BEARER: LTE (default is unspecified) play with this one..
    CLICK MENU button and SAVE settings!!!!

STILL NEED STOCK APN-- in APN TYPE:MMS --this helps to insure you get mms better.

DIFFERENCE between IPv4/IPv6 INFO::::
    http://www.techarta.com/5813/what-is-the-difference-between-ipv6-and-ipv4.html
    http://cs-pages.blogspot.com/2012/04/summary-of-ipv6-addresses-and.html

AUTHENTICATION TYPE difference between CHAP/PAP INFO::::
    http://www.modemhelp.net/faqs/auth.shtml
    http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_PPPAuthenticationProtocolsPasswordAuthenticationPr-3.htm

IF this helps HIT the THANKS BUTTON!!
    I apologize for the multiple posts. The free image sharing sites i found either A) required you to sign up for their service, B) made me wait before uploading an additional image, or C) cost money.

Each modem was flashed 3 times for good measures. Last night, after my first flash and first test, the results were screwey and it turns out the flash didn't stick.

During the UCLE2 tests, there was a break of a few minutes while i called the police...someone kept walked by my window to my room 3 time, and on the 3rd time, they stood in front of it and started fiddling with my screen.

It's important to realize that the largest Delta occured on the UCLC5 Modem....there was actually a point where i dropped into HSPA and had to wait a minute of so to start another test. The speeds for the stock PTA settings were horrid, and my use of this modem tells me that it's unstable. Again, like i've said before, it might have felt faster--especially because of the huge disparity when it came to the default PTA settings versus the OP's, but it isn't the fastest...and it wasn't the modem.

UCLE2 with the OP's PTA had the highest average.

We can reconsider calculating the averages, taking out the outliers...for instance, the UCLE2 default PTA settings....i had the fastest download of the night, at 10+ MBps.

UCLC5
    -----Average Latency = 70ms

UCLD3
    -----Average Latency = 78.8ms

UCLE2
    -----Average Latency = 70.2ms

It's important to note the difference between my node and anyone else's. The Chicagoland Area network constitutes a measly 5x5 mhz area. Spectrum here is extremely hard to come by. Verizon is hoarding it all. The situation might change when Qualcomm's joke-of-a-service spectrum sale kicks in. ATT will have more to implement more of the-kind-of-LTE-we-love-the-most-- the low(er) frequency 700mhz block.

As promised, i got some time to calculate average for latency.

In the end, this is a fairly comprehensive review of the strengths and weaknesses (or lack thereof) of a 5x5 network, using a robust backbone for speedtesting, and a not-so-robust network.

I can be sure about load--the area i live in is on the edge of the Fermilab National Laboratory-- the closest string of housing exists a couple miles east of here, and the housing at fermilab, while dense, doesn't start until after a designated wildlife zone with 0 human beings living in it. The tests were conducted late at night and showed no signs of improving or degrading. Population in other direction includes a retirement home (no Galaxy Notes or One X's there) and an area that's largely a retirement community. Tests were done on a friday night thru saturday morning, the time that should be least strenuous. Results were consistent with what i experience daily-- and i've had extensive exprience with each of these modems.

This is about as good as it gets in the wild, without being in a radio-secure room, with my own tower in it.

Conclusions:

UCLE2 Provided the best speeds--period. UCLE2 with the OP's APN settings provided the most stable speeds, and latency consistent with the lowest i've seen in the area. The results were extremely stable.

UCLD3 Provided unremarkable results, and they were consistent with the trend.

UCLC5 Provided the largest delta between the OP's settings and the default PTA settings provided by AT&T. This modem was the least stable. This is the first time i've ever seen a phone sitting untouched drop into a lower performing network mode.

I fell i've thoroughly explored all possibilities here, and the results suggest that we NOT flash the UCLC5 modem...it's both unstable, and unnecessary. I'm convinced the APN settings were what made the difference.

The consequences of defining our APN profiles with imaginitive (saying it nicely) flags: ARE UNKNOWN

While we gain speed (and possibly lower our latency) , the consequences of using these flags are unclear. A few of the flags that I could research and understand what they do weren't encouraging at all...from a security point of view. Only two flags aren't present in the stock PTA: Admin and FOTA. The first flag stands for...duh. And the second flag stands for Firmware over the air. While these flags don't tell me much, it's not obvious why these flags would improve performance on the network side of things. I think the results have to do with some arbitrary event on the phone side of things.

Flags liks SUPL (Secure User Plane) and HIPRI (High Priority) and DEFAULT (Asks the phone to use this connection as a priority), should make a difference.

The bottom line, is that we could be using flags that are used to **flag** devices in some kind of test mode, or the flags could be requesting some type of priority over other devices for network or other organizational purposes (federal communications have priority over civilian purposes). This could be used to send or flag data as test data, mark the for deep packet inspection, or alter the security of our communications in unintended ways. In short-- if you enjoy even a sliver of privacy, until we know more-- until we understand why these flags, or the presence of a 2nd APN profile would improve performance at all, we should stay away from them. While results on a 10x10 or 20x20 network could be even more pronounced, due to the increased throughput of the contained nodes, performance deltas could also be less pronounced.

If you appreciate my testing, please hit the thanks button. I probably used 1/2 to 2/3 of my monthly allowance on these tests.
    TRY THIS FOR STRAIGHT TALK :
    Name: Straight Talk
    Name: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,hipri
    (or add all the apn types I have in 1st post)

OR ADD THIS: might help
    (MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com)
    Thanks. I will try and post my results soon

Next time don't quote the OP, it tends to irritate people.

Speeds remaining the same to the megabyte per second, Hampton Roads, VA. Are you sure you have your wireless disabled prior to conducting speed test?

You mean wifi? look at the pic i posted.It shows four test with the tower icon which is not wifi..The last two icons are wifi to show people the difference. Did you try the modem? or just the settings,that sucks its not helping.