ATT Galaxy S4..Just Received An Update

Search This thread

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
I have no idea what this update is, but my buddy was playing with his ATt S4 and went to check for a update and there was one. It waslike 26 or 27mb so it was small.

If this has already been mentioned and/or posted, I apologize.

Reactions: morbidz

mickeywdw1254

Sep 18, 2008
Definitely for AT&T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367940719272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367940719272.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,939
Reactions: WarEagleUS

geoldr

Feb 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
Okay so how do we know if it is safe to apply this update? I would like to fix some lag but in no way harm my chances of unlocking the bootloader.

Can someone pull the update file and examine it?

Also in SF Bay Are CA

Thermalwolf

Mar 13, 2011
Austintown, Ohio
Okay so how do we know if it is safe to apply this update? I would like to fix some lag but in no way harm my chances of unlocking the bootloader.

Can someone pull the update file and examine it?

Also in SF Bay Are CA

There's no way to know until someone like Adam or Dan start looking it over. Gonna have to give them at least a day or two too get the update and dissect it.

Ultimately only Dan is gonna be able to tell us for sure, which I'm sure he will in the coming days, in the mean time just chill, the OTA isn't gonna go anywhere XD

geoldr

Feb 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
There's no way to know until someone like Adam or Dan start looking it over. Gonna have to give them at least a day or two too get the update and dissect it.

Ultimately only Dan is gonna be able to tell us for sure, which I'm sure he will in the coming days, in the mean time just chill, the OTA isn't gonna go anywhere XD

Okay sounds good

Reactions: Thermalwolf

SkriblZz

Jan 4, 2013
Well, update went through. Lag seems less significant. A few hiccups here and there, but it seems to be better. Less hiccups than before, at least.

Facebook and IGN apps scroll more smoothly as well. Opening and closing is a bit snappier. Been trying to open and minimize a bunch of apps to induce a hiccup, it's not doing it. Swiftkey is also opening more smoothly (well, instantaneously). Overall seems better. I'm content.

Last edited:

mickeywdw1254

Sep 18, 2008
It also seems that the camera "lag" is gone or is less dramatic too.

mr_blanket

Apr 26, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
www.theslanket.com
GAH, it just started updating without any conformation once I clicked "check for updates"

KEEP THAT IN MIND! simply checking for an update will download it!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: okay thank god it didn't install the update... just downloaded it.... phew...

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Does anyone know which app I need to clear data on to reset the time window for the OTA checker? I checked yesterday afternoon before this update dropped and it's making me wait...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re-rooted... Works fine...

Don't spread rumors until you've done it for yourself.....

All rooted apps, like seeder and root explorer on mine has been confirmed after OTA
    As many have discovered through testing, the new kernel does not restrict root access..I took a quick look at the ARM code and saw no remnants. For now, ATT is playing nice with the kernel. This will all be moot once we have the BL unlocked and custom kernels. My S4 should be here tomorrow :)
    I lost root with the update, but I got it back using the motochopper method, no problems.
    I would not up-date the OTA ...

Although I'm in Canada, using an S4 with an unlocked bootloader, I would highly recommend that my friends with an AT&T device NOT install the OTA.

Dan Rosenberg made it very clear when he discovered how to unlock the AT&T bootloader. He said not to do any OTAs until his method is made public later this month following release of the Verizon S4.

His unlocking method may be negated by any OTAs. In the end it may not be a problem but, then again, it could end up being a nightmare for some folks.

Peter
    If you were rooted before can you see if you are still rooted

I used Voodoo OTA RootKeeper to protect root and then restored it no problem after the update.