Need Help of Someone with Dev Edition S4

Search This thread

rajat12345

Oct 15, 2011
If someone has recieved a dev edition s4, I could use some help, just respond to the thread and i'll PM you
I need some dumps to help me with the me7 recovery/unlock if that helps motivate.

Last edited:

Kaiya_FL

Mar 30, 2011
Really No-one ?! I just need a quick dump and I might be able to get recovery on the ME7 update
If no one else answers I'll give it a try but I won't be home until later tonight and might not have much time. And will likely need hand-holding on how to do what you need, LOL!

ETA: Oh and I have a custom ROM & Kernel on mine if that matters.

rajat12345

Oct 15, 2011
Thanks for responding being on a custom rom is fine but I need stock kernel so if you could flash it that would be great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Kaiya_FL

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks for responding being on a custom rom is fine but I need stock kernel so if you could flash it that would be great!

I have a boot.img with the stock kernel in it. The Darkslide ROM has some issues with WiFi and other things when I run the stock kernel. Would the boot.img help?

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Also note it says to bump your question once in 24 hours. There are not that many developer editions out there that someone is sitting here waiting for your request.

rmanaka

Jul 15, 2005
I have a stock Dev edition ATM (no root or recovery) but can access ADB if I can help. I am also interested in finding out how to get a stock recovery package for the Development Edition.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD using Tapatalk HD!

rajat12345

Oct 15, 2011
Update

Update: I have some good news and some bad news (mostly bad)

Good News: I have unlocked the bootloader

Bad News: the unlock is not permanent(?) but I might be able to fix that, just need some the run the following comands in terminal emulator and give me the files that were made:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/sdcard/boot.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p23 of=/sdcard/recovery.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32 of=/sdcard/devlog.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p29 of=/sdcard/system.img

If anycone can run these (on stock w/o recovery that would be great!

asharad

Jun 18, 2011
I'm going to try to help. I have a stock DEV edition, non-rooted. It has been 3 years since I messed with ADB, so I will probably need some hand holding

Reactions: Bait-Fish

rajat12345

Oct 15, 2011
I'm going to try to help. I have a stock DEV edition, non-rooted. It has been 3 years since I messed with ADB, so I will probably need some hand holding

You don't need a computer it's fairly simple just download terminal emulator from the play store and run the commands the output files will be on the root of the internal storage so if you could just upload those that would be great

Reactions: Bait-Fish

jee'sgalaxy

Sep 24, 2012
Boston

asharad

Jun 18, 2011
Yep. That's for an ME7. My dev phone is OYUAMDK. As far as I understand, the MDK root methods wipe the recovery or the kernel, depending on the method. I think the OP is asking for both to be intact so he can get copies. I'm not rooting until I hear from the OP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update

Update: I have some good news and some bad news (mostly bad)

Good News: I have unlocked the bootloader

Bad News: the unlock is not permanent(?) but I might be able to fix that, just need some the run the following comands in terminal emulator and give me the files that were made:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/sdcard/boot.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p23 of=/sdcard/recovery.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32 of=/sdcard/devlog.img
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p29 of=/sdcard/system.img

If anycone can run these (on stock w/o recovery that would be great!
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THIS MAN, LET'S GET THIS BABY UNLOCKEd!!
    I can post the me7 ota update.zip I extracted from my phone.

That'd be awesome. I just want to take a look at it so I have a better understanding. I can't say that I'll be able to do anything for you guys but I like knowing how these things work and how they differ from what I already know. I find the fact that they create a recovery.img file for your update rather fascinating as that's very different from the update we just got.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Just guessing but what would happen if you pushed the aboot.img from a dev edition to the s4?

brick-large.jpg
    EDIT.... links retracted
    Can we PLEASE be patient with this, while I'm sure he can take it, it does him no good for people to keep asking for an update, or just being negative about it. He'll update us when he's ready to, this is obviously a fairly big deal.

I too would like to hear something good, but he's either 1) still on vacation or busy with other things 2) working on this with nothing new to report 3) found something that he's decided would be imprudent to share at this time for any number of reasons that I won't speculate on. I'd love to hear something good, but most of all I want this to work for as many people as possible for as long as possible.

No harm in speculating ways around it, though on one hand it seems almost like doing Verizon's work for them. I'm just asking that we treat this like any other development and not ask for ETAs.

:thumbup:

Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition :)