[Q] out of storage messages again

Search This thread

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
Before I moved from 4.1.2 to 4.4 (trying different ROMs), I repartitioned my storage (PIT file) from 2gb up to 4gb because I was getting messages that I was out of storage, even though I had 300mb left. Since upgrading to 4gb, all has been well until now. Lately, I've been doing a lot of installing, deinstalling, reinstalling of certain apps and now suddenly, I am getting messages again about how much storage is left (1.7gb, as a matter of fact). I want to know why the messages suddenly started to appear - in other words, is their display normal behavior from the kernel or the ROM, or if I can make them go away. With 1.7gb, they seem unnecessary, but then again, I thought that when I had 300mb left of 2gb, so I am a little worried that I might start getting false messages that I am out of storage and even have to repartition again.

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
Before I moved from 4.1.2 to 4.4 (trying different ROMs), I repartitioned my storage (PIT file) from 2gb up to 4gb because I was getting messages that I was out of storage, even though I had 300mb left. Since upgrading to 4gb, all has been well until now. Lately, I've been doing a lot of installing, deinstalling, reinstalling of certain apps and now suddenly, I am getting messages again about how much storage is left (1.7gb, as a matter of fact). I want to know why the messages suddenly started to appear - in other words, is their display normal behavior from the kernel or the ROM, or if I can make them go away. With 1.7gb, they seem unnecessary, but then again, I thought that when I had 300mb left of 2gb, so I am a little worried that I might start getting false messages that I am out of storage and even have to repartition again.

Do you have logs in /data/log?

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
HTC Desire
Nexus 7
Do you get error messages or only toast messages? The toast messages are coming from ES-File Explorer every time you install or update an app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
no logs exist. if the message is a toast from ES File Manager, is that a new thing? I never saw that before.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

miguelmflores

Oct 14, 2012
Santiago
I've tried almost everything and the problem remains, even the *#9900# .. it doesn't work... I'm a bit frustrated and I don't know what to do... I would love to restart my phone with a new kernel or ROM, but with some default settings, but I'm scared, I've never changed the kernel I guess

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
I've tried almost everything and the problem remains, even the *#9900# .. it doesn't work... I'm a bit frustrated and I don't know what to do... I would love to restart my phone with a new kernel or ROM, but with some default settings, but I'm scared, I've never changed the kernel I guess

Go to settings - storage. Look at internal storage. Does the different components add up to 1,97GB? How much space do you have available?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

miguelmflores

Oct 14, 2012
Santiago
yeah, it says 1,97gB total space, and and it's supposed to say 1,12GB available.

The weird thing that's the Internal memory but I think it's for apps. When I try to send via bluetooth 1 picture to my phone (to the SD card) it says it is full. It also happens when I try to move an app from the internal memory to the SD. But the real thing is that the SD card it has like 10GB free.

When I connect my phone to the computer, it says that the internal memory has 0kb available and the SD card the 10GB free.

So confusing...

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
yeah, it says 1,97gB total space, and and it's supposed to say 1,12GB available.

The weird thing that's the Internal memory but I think it's for apps. When I try to send via bluetooth 1 picture to my phone (to the SD card) it says it is full. It also happens when I try to move an app from the internal memory to the SD. But the real thing is that the SD card it has like 10GB free.

When I connect my phone to the computer, it says that the internal memory has 0kb available and the SD card the 10GB free.

So confusing...

Strange, maybe you can search for a folder that's taking up much space. Or maybe formatting. Backup your files and folders to pc.

miguelmflores

Oct 14, 2012
Santiago
I have this question, what to delete and what do not delete from the internal memory?

I also wanted to search for a big folder but none of them seems to be big enough.

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
I have this question, what to delete and what do not delete from the internal memory?

I also wanted to search for a big folder but none of them seems to be big enough.

Just to be clear.
There are 2 different partition called internal storage. One is almost 2gb and one almost 12gb. The second one (12gb) is full?

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
Thanks, now the last question I guess...

Which folders I should really NOT delete?

If I'm right there aren't any system files on the internal storage(sdcard), but some apps do store data there and of course your personal files, like pictures, downloads or maybe music. You can copy all of the data to your pc, so you have a backup.

miguelmflores

Oct 14, 2012
Santiago
Thanks!! Yeah, I'm currently about to delete all those folders. The pictures, videos, music it doesn't even care. :)!!
About the apps, if I delete those folders, should I just re-install the app if it have some problem?

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
Thanks!! Yeah, I'm currently about to delete all those folders. The pictures, videos, music it doesn't even care. :)!!
About the apps, if I delete those folders, should I just re-install the app if it have some problem?

I would advice you to do a backup, just to be sure. You can format the internal sdcard in recovery. After that reboot and the necessary files/folders will be rebuild.

Reactions: miguelmflores

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would advice you to do a backup, just to be sure. You can format the internal sdcard in recovery. After that reboot and the necessary files/folders will be rebuild.