wifi can't be turned on after kitkat update

Search This thread

illikkalshahid

Mar 17, 2013
CALICUT
i have updated to the official kitkat for i9505 german firmware, after a full wipe. when i try to turn on wifi a security notice appears that some action is blocked.. means i cant turn on wifi.. pls help
can i go back to 4.3 MK9 firmware

KC6UFO

Kit Kat Update.

i have updated to the official kitkat for i9505 german firmware, after a full wipe. when i try to turn on wifi a security notice appears that some action is blocked.. means i cant turn on wifi.. pls help

Can you go into settings, more, and possibly post a screen shot of the about device information. That would be helpful to resolving your issue. Next, what exactly did you do for the "full wipe" and what recovery are you using. With TWRP this is what I like to do before updating from a root to a new rom:
go into recovery
go to WIPE
Go to ADVANCED Select Davlik cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache and SWIPE to Wipe 3x
Go back one screen and select format' data ... type "YES" and hit "GO" 3x
Go back one screen and Swipe to FACTORY RESET 3x
Go Back to main menu and Select Reboot... Select Recovery
After phone reboots... INSTALL ROM

This process usually gets rid of most problems and should correct your wifi issue as it makes no sense why this feature would be block while you are able to use data (are you). Hope this helps.

Before I can answer the going back question i really need to know more about what you did to get where you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: illikkalshahid

1qazwsx4

Sep 19, 2011
New Zealand

flash latest KK kernel by ktoonz and read a little info in his thread. Also use the search button this issue has been raised countless times.

Reactions: illikkalshahid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kit Kat Update.

Can you go into settings, more, and possibly post a screen shot of the about device information. That would be helpful to resolving your issue. Next, what exactly did you do for the "full wipe" and what recovery are you using. With TWRP this is what I like to do before updating from a root to a new rom:
    go into recovery
    go to WIPE
    Go to ADVANCED Select Davlik cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache and SWIPE to Wipe 3x
    Go back one screen and select format' data ... type "YES" and hit "GO" 3x
    Go back one screen and Swipe to FACTORY RESET 3x
    Go Back to main menu and Select Reboot... Select Recovery
    After phone reboots... INSTALL ROM

This process usually gets rid of most problems and should correct your wifi issue as it makes no sense why this feature would be block while you are able to use data (are you). Hope this helps.

Before I can answer the going back question i really need to know more about what you did to get where you are.

flash latest KK kernel by ktoonz and read a little info in his thread. Also use the search button this issue has been raised countless times.
    I agree that it been an issue but I believe it ti be cause more by unclean dirty downloads then by software. That's why I recommended the wife procedure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app