Aosp keyboard with 5 rows (numbers)

Search This thread

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
This is not my work I will not support or post links to anything but the original post.

While browsing through countless threads one thing I see often is requests for samsungs keyboard on aosp roms. Well that most likely won't happen but this just might be what you are looking for. They are from the lg lineup. One is a simple install apk the other requires a build.prop mod.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49615239

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Edit: If the LG2 version does not install try this modded one.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50271298

Last edited:

Scarsuna

Jan 1, 2013
Hacker's keyboard gives you a full keyboard, including function keys (F1, F2, etc.), escape, arrow keys (very useful when fixing mistakes in emails and texts.

It's also superb for DOS Box and other emulators. There are dictionaries for most languages. Duolingo takes great advantage of these dictionaries. The auto word suggestions speed up your typing and learning, by also introducing words with similar spelling not actually a part of the lesson.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just stating my opinion on an alternative keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Hacker's keyboard gives you a full keyboard, including function keys (F1, F2, etc.), escape, arrow keys (very useful when fixing mistakes in emails and texts.

It's also superb for DOS Box and other emulators. There are dictionaries for most languages. Duolingo takes great advantage of these dictionaries. The auto word suggestions speed up your typing and learning, by also introducing words with similar spelling not actually a part of the lesson.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just stating my opinion on an alternative keyboard.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Thanks. I have used it before and it was pretty cool. But it does not have the handwriting mode.

Scarsuna

Jan 1, 2013
Is the handwriting mode anything like Myscript Calculator?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
almost like samsung's

Attachments

• 1392170886855.jpg
    1392170886855.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 750

huytrang90

Dec 22, 2010
Resize? What exactly do you mean by that?

I mean the one hand setting for Samsung kb on touch wiz.

Anyway the hand writing is good as well.

Question: i try to figure out how to configure to have separate number row but could not get it work. Suggestion?

Edited found out needed to change the build.prop. one have working now.

Last edited:

macwes

May 2, 2011
Seattle
I mean the one hand setting for Samsung kb on touch wiz.

Anyway the hand writing is good as well.

Question: i try to figure out how to configure to have separate number row but could not get it work. Suggestion?

Edited found out needed to change the build.prop. one have working now.

I don't know how to change the build.prop would it be possible for you to post the one you changed?

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Working with geardroid to get the new lg g3 keyboard fully working. To date it only works with aosp roms.

Darkangels6sic6

Feb 3, 2011
I'm on liquid and I thought I was tired of the Google keypad...mainly for lacking the number row.
I tried swift key...which was OK. Extremely similar to go keyboard. Which is ok and I like the theme ability.
Then I tried the LG key board....
I ran back to the Google keyboard...I despise that lg keyboard. And how on earth do they justify it being a 57MB app??????? I've never liked lg keyboards that much though. Always seem to lag. Even going back to non smart phones.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Kul_dood

Feb 24, 2013
Hey Jlmancuso, I got the LG G3 kb working mostly ok except the handwriting part. Whenever I try to use handwriting it says that it needs to download something and I select English but it never downloads it. Can you let me know how you got that working? Thanks.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Hey Jlmancuso, I got the LG G3 kb working mostly ok except the handwriting part. Whenever I try to use handwriting it says that it needs to download something and I select English but it never downloads it. Can you let me know how you got that working? Thanks.

What rom are you using it on? I have been busy working on TW 4.4.2 which does not work with the keyboards. When I put it on my aosp rom it worked without any issues. I will have to install the rom you are using and see what I can figure out.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

guycan

Sep 15, 2010
What rom are you using it on? I have been busy working on TW 4.4.2 which does not work with the keyboards. When I put it on my aosp rom it worked without any issues. I will have to install the rom you are using and see what I can figure out.

I'm on this rom in the screen shot and using this keyboard and it did ask to download English handwriting so I did but handwriting is not working

SGNote2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403792288822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403792288822.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 74

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I'm on this rom in the screen shot and using this keyboard and it did ask to download English handwriting so I did but handwriting is not working

SGNote2

The keyboard works besides handwriting? If so I think I can help you out? From the looks of it you are on 2.3 S5-FEAT.

Top Liked Posts