Condensation under camera

Search This thread

mujj

Jun 1, 2012
Hi, yesterday night I used my phone underwater to test it out. Both my flaps were sealed and nothing else on the phone was wrong. After I removed the phone from water the speakers were a bit dull and the headphone jack wasn't working. I thought it just needed to dry so I went to bed.

This morning both the speakers and the headphone jack work fine, but when I went to take a picture, I realised it was very foggy. I tuned it around to check and there is a circle of condensation under the glass covering the camera. What do I do? Does that mean wate has gotten in? And will this condensation disappear or not?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Hi, yesterday night I used my phone underwater to test it out. Both my flaps were sealed and nothing else on the phone was wrong. After I removed the phone from water the speakers were a bit dull and the headphone jack wasn't working. I thought it just needed to dry so I went to bed.

This morning both the speakers and the headphone jack work fine, but when I went to take a picture, I realised it was very foggy. I tuned it around to check and there is a circle of condensation under the glass covering the camera. What do I do? Does that mean wate has gotten in? And will this condensation disappear or not?

This sounds like a device fault

The Z2 is ip68 Certified (68= resistance against submersion blah total water resistance 1.5M for 1.5Hrs)

If you still have a warenty, have your device replaced. It seems water may have leaked in elsewhere.

mujj

Jun 1, 2012
When the phone cools down, the camera clears up. But when it gets used for a few minutes, the cloudiness comes back. I'm within my 14 day replacement policy for O2, so I'm going to try and get a replacement.

deepflash

Jun 6, 2011
Fellbach
Well physically I would say the internal stuff heats up and the glas of the camera is staying colder so the water condensates there.
I would try to return it.

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013
1.Try to go to Sony service center for help. If they refuse to free repair or replace, then you can try to dry it by yourself.
2.You can try to put it into rice. The rice can dry your phone if there is slight water in it.
But it hard to know how much water remain.
3.Do not use your phone before you dry the phone. If the water had leaked into inner and you forced to run the phone, the motherboard will be damaged.
4. Teardown of your phone is the best way to dry the phone and save the motherboard if the water had leaked into inner.

numskull

Oct 19, 2010
1.Try to go to Sony service center for help. If they refuse to free repair or replace, then you can try to dry it by yourself.
2.You can try to put it into rice. The rice can dry your phone if there is slight water in it.
But it hard to know how much water remain.
3.Do not use your phone before you dry the phone. If the water had leaked into inner and you forced to run the phone, the motherboard will be damaged.
4. Teardown of your phone is the best way to dry the phone and save the motherboard if the water had leaked into inner.

in regards to number 2 and 4...

2) this is a complete waste of time, unless your phone is dissassembled, rice is obviously very absorbent, but it needs to come into contact with something to absorb,

4) I would normally reccomend this, but as its manufactured as waterproof, if you open it up obviously the (very vague) warranty is lost, on top of that no matter how well you put it back together, you wont know if its still water resistant or not....... well not until its too late anyway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem with water damage and warranty is that there is no way to prove that you didn't leave the flaps open.