Device not found workaround?

Search This thread

NoobixCube

May 18, 2014
So I run adb push c:/build.prop \system\ but i get denied because i cant write to \system\, but when i run adb shell -> su -> c:/build.prop \system\ i get device not found. Is there anyway i can workaround this and write my build.prop to my bricked phones?

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT
So I run adb push c:/build.prop \system\ but i get denied because i cant write to \system\, but when i run adb shell -> su -> c:/build.prop \system\ i get device not found. Is there anyway i can workaround this and write my build.prop to my bricked phones?

When you say bricked, how bricked? If the phones are truly bricked then there's no way you're gonna get adb to work. Most of the time a true brick can only be recovered by JTAG. If their system just wont boot try adb through recovery. Make sure to use adb devices first to verify adb recognizes the device first before wasting your time typing commands that aren't gonna work.

NoobixCube

May 18, 2014
When you say bricked, how bricked? If the phones are truly bricked then there's no way you're gonna get adb to work. Most of the time a true brick can only be recovered by JTAG. If their system just wont boot try adb through recovery. Make sure to use adb devices first to verify adb recognizes the device first before wasting your time typing commands that aren't gonna work.

I can get into shell and my device is listed when i use adb devices. It is only recognized by my computer when im on the boot logo (which i cant get past) but not in recovery nor "apply update through adb"