[Q] LG G3 File Manager ~ Is there one & does it accept Storage Cards[Solved]

Search This thread

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Guys,
Does the G3 come with a File Manager and more importantly if it does then does it support the MicroSD card and other Storage options (USB peripherals)?
As many will know Google removed in KitKat the option to copy and remove items from external storage unless they have write permissions.

Now Sony got round this problem by installing 'File Manager' on the Z2 and it has write permissions for accessing the MicroSD card.

It would be ludicrous if LG left out a File Manager with write permission for storage peripherals.
Your only option for access to the MicroSD card for writing, copying, deleting etc. then would be to root and not everyone wishes to do that.

Last edited:

dondavis007

Aug 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Guys,
Does the G3 come with a File Manager and more importantly if it does then does it support the MicroSD card and other Storage options (USB peripherals)?
As many will know Google removed in KitKat the option to copy and remove items from external storage unless they have write permissions.

Now Sony got round this problem by installing 'File Manager' on the Z2 and it has write permissions for accessing the MicroSD card.

It would be ludicrous if LG left out a File Manager with write permission for storage peripherals.
Your only option for access to the MicroSD card for writing, copying, deleting etc. then would be to root and not everyone wishes to do that.

The file manager in G3 work for SD cards.

Reactions: Beards

Beards

Nov 3, 2008

Brilliant...... At least now I know I'll be able to send/receive data from either Internal/Cloud Services/USB TO THE MicroSD card.

I'm not asking but I bet the default File Manager is basic in operation, which would then beg to say why do manufacturers insist on using just the basic method for managing files!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,