[APP] Multi List Checklist Application! Updated v2.0

Search This thread

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
As a request from someone, I am working on an export to xml/html. I have the xml export working, however xml isn't really a good solution for a readable file. I will not have any time to work over the weekend, but I should be able to put out an update soon that gives the ability to send lists by email, etc. This would be formatted as html in a table type layout that could also be printed, etc.

wow, that's a great idea...for me that's almost just as good as sync. i used to just screenshot my lists and text them to my wife. that is fine, but obviously it is not editable by her. with the new update, she would be able to save the list i send her and just restore it to her app. great idea!

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
I was actually just thinking about exporting and hadn't thought importing back but I love that idea of sending specific lists. I've added the ability to email a specific list in my current version. I created an HTML export that created a table of the list thinking the Gmail application could display an HTML table but as it turns out, it isn't compatible and will have to be displayed in text form. I'll try to update the app with that tonight and work on the other features soon.

What I think I can do from your import suggestion is to create a file extension specific to multilist that can be emailed then automatically opened and imported from multilist. I'll see if Android allows this but that would be great for your purpose!

Tyler

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Reactions: alphabets

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
wow, that's a great idea...for me that's almost just as good as sync. i used to just screenshot my lists and text them to my wife. that is fine, but obviously it is not editable by her. with the new update, she would be able to save the list i send her and just restore it to her app. great idea!

I have released v2.0. There is now an email list option! Not quite what you were looking forward to yet but I'll get to working on the list export/import.

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Hey everyone! I just wanted to update the status of the project. First of all, Multi List has now exceeded 500 downloads and is increasing in download count per day! I have not been able to work on the app for the last 2 weeks or so, but I will begin work again on it soon! I've started a great summer internship and the last few weeks have consisted of moving and beginning my first week of work. When I last worked on it, I had begun learning how to create widgets. This will be more of a side project, while I also release smaller feature updates.

Thank you to anyone that has downloaded the app just to check it out, as well as those that continue to use it on a daily basis. This has been a great project, and with a little more time, the download count could explode. The app will remain free and ad-free, but as a favor I would love if you could spread the word!

Reactions: WEM97

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Nice! I am downloading it now and Im going to try it on my CM9 tablet and see how it looks and if it works. Ill post what I find so you can say wether or not its tablet friendly. +1 Thanks for you!

Reactions: tylerjroach

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
I know it is not necessarily "tablet friendly" in terms of layout and making best use of available space. However, it should work and just the same on your tablet as a phone does. I've had it tested on a couple and by now it should look almost identical on all devices. In the future I would like to use what is called "Activity Fragments" with the Android SDK to make the device look more appealing for a tablet. such as being able to see and choose from any main list while viewing a checklist. Currently, the home button must be pressed first.

Thanks for the testing and feedback!!

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
It works flawlessly on a 7" Display I have next to me at the moment. All the icons are still high resolution, there is no lag (this problem would be hardware sometimes if someone got it),and all the menus as well as text are automatically resized perfectly. Nice ICS themed UI, I like it.

As an idea for tablets, you could do a split screen sort of UI where you view multiple notes at once. This would mkae use of tablets 5 finger multitouch capabilities that no other app uses. Another thing you could do is make a coverflow of notes, option (you could expand on this and add grid, list, etc..).

Last edited:

tylerjroach

Mar 27, 2010
Bloomington, IN
whirble.com
Update Soon

I apologize for the lack of activity since the beginning of June. I have an internship for the summer until I start school, and because of it, I haven't focused on working on the app much.

I will be releasing an update soon with a couple of added features / better optimization:

Option to add a longer description field to list items in an edit mode.
Sanitize data entries better
Add a couple user requests.
Jelly bean theme soon?

App is about to hit 1000 downloads, so thank you to everyone that has supported my project!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA!

I know there are hundreds of To Do List applications already submitted to the Play Store, however many of them that I found were too cluttered with features, or had a very unappealing layout.

Because of this, I decided to create Multi List! Its themed to look like an ICS for all phones, regardless of your Android version. This is my first Android project so I would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. You can email me at tyler@informaticsdev.com. Before creating this app, the only programming experience I had was with Python and PHP with MYSQL. I'm currently a student at Indiana University in the School of Informatics program, and I spent a portion of this current semester learning Java and Android. I created this application as a class final project, but I will continually work on making Multi List better.

I'm also highly considering open sourcing the application. The popular open source To Do lists, Astrid and Open Intents, are so complicated and featured that it is really hard for anyone learning Android development to figure out how the code is working. I believe open sourcing this could help any new developers, as well as help make the app better. I'm not at all interested in making money off of this. If anybody has advice on the best code hosting site for open source Android applications, let me know. I feel like most are using Google Code or GitHub.

Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.informaticsdev.multilist

If you do not have a Play Store account, I have uploaded the current .APK file on my site. Find the link here. http://informaticsdev.com

Thank you!

Tyler Roach
    tyler@informaticsdev.com
    It looks nice, dude! I'm starting up myself. Yours looks better than mine, lol. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Sent from my Sensation 4G using XDA
    just downlaoded it...very nice! You will see my review in the play market under "Bobby".
    Thanks man! Neither the backup nor the edit option should be too difficult to implement. After my finals are finished a week from now I should be able to add these pretty quickly. Next update will also give the option to use the holo light theme if desired.

Heyy...awsome work, but if you make it look like WPish, it wud be best app in market bro...

bTW - best of luck with ur app:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA