"Buggy Night"

Search This thread

gskelter

Jun 11, 2012
Excellent a new video!! I hope it comes soon

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

jhnl33

Jan 30, 2012
Aaaaaandd an update to spotlight player with buggy night has been released!! Enjoy everybody :D

sbtm1337

Dec 20, 2012
Yeah same here.
Great video again.
Looking forward to next one.

Gesendet von meinem XT1052 mit Tapatalk

jhnl33

Jan 30, 2012
By the way everyone, if it's not showing up, then just change your date in settings to something a week from now and watch for the little bugger to show up on the bottom left of your screen!! :D

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
As cute as this thing is (and I downloaded Windy night too) I would rather have the space than have it on my phone. Does anyone know where these files are stored. I've done multiple google searches and can't find anything except some people are a bit upset like me that it just installs without asking and I was seeing people say you couldn't delete it (but I assume they aren't rooted). Since I'm rooted if I can find it I'll save it to my PC but clear the space on the phone. BTW Spotlight and this data take up 318 Megabytes!

Last edited:

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
As cute as this thing is (and I downloaded Windy night too) I would rather have the space than have it on my phone. Does anyone know where these files are stored. I've done multiple google searches and can't find anything except some people are a bit upset like me that it just installs without asking and I was seeing people say you couldn't delete it (but I assume they aren't rooted). Since I'm rooted if I can find it I'll save it to my PC but clear the space on the phone. BTW Spotlight and this data take up 318 Megabytes!

Settings > Apps > All > Motorola Spotlight Player.

Click "CLEAR DATA" and "CLEAR CACHE" to erase all but the measly 24.7 MB that Spotlight Player takes up by itself. If you want to remove it completely, use Titanium Backup to uninstall it (though MY suggestion is to simply "freeze" it).

Reactions: droidzer1

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
Thanks, I did see that way to clear it but was hoping to copy the files to my PC in case I wanted to use them again at some point. Got 10 hard drives + and lotsa space in the main PC ;)

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I also tried busybox linux 'find' command using wildcards on bug but apparently that's not even what it uses for a name. Maybe if I knew the file extension type of these files I could find it but I don't know those yet....

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Thanks, I did see that way to clear it but was hoping to copy the files to my PC in case I wanted to use them again at some point. Got 10 hard drives + and lotsa space in the main PC ;)

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I also tried busybox linux 'find' command using wildcards on bug but apparently that's not even what it uses for a name. Maybe if I knew the file extension type of these files I could find it but I don't know those yet....

Unless you are concerned that they will "go away", just re-download them again if you need them. These files will likely only ever work on the Moto X anyways, so when the device becomes obsolete you will have no way of playing them. As long as you just "freeze" the Spotlight app, you can always "unfreeze" it later and re-download the augmented-reality cartoons.

Anyways, just a really quick look with Root Browser shows that the relevant files appear to be in /data/data

There are a couple folders in there that might be what you are looking for. The first is com.motorola.avatar and I also see "com.motorola.bug2go". I don't have "windy night" downloaded so I'm not sure what its folder might be.

Good Luck.

Reactions: droidzer1

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
Thanks again - I'll look in there. As it turns out these same 2 apps seem to be built in (or maybe downloaded by) the Google Virtual reality app 'cardboard'. I didn't have Wifi turned on and was in airplane mode so I tend to think they came with the cardboard app. Just got the cardboard VR kit today and since the Moto X is one of the officially supported phones I gave it a try. Very impressive in how it all works especially in panning around and up and down - just like being in a real place. Image quality was not quite as sharp as I had hoped but with a $17 VR kit I don't think you can expect too much ;) It may also be the image resolution needs to be kept low in the app in order for it all to work with the existing power of the processors. My phone got noticeably warm in just a few minutes running this but fun stuff !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just saw this new video up on Moto's youtube page. Hopefully new spotlight video coming soon???
    http://youtu.be/Fa0so7mjS_s

Settings > Apps > All > Motorola Spotlight Player.

Click "CLEAR DATA" and "CLEAR CACHE" to erase all but the measly 24.7 MB that Spotlight Player takes up by itself. If you want to remove it completely, use Titanium Backup to uninstall it (though MY suggestion is to simply "freeze" it).

Unless you are concerned that they will "go away", just re-download them again if you need them. These files will likely only ever work on the Moto X anyways, so when the device becomes obsolete you will have no way of playing them. As long as you just "freeze" the Spotlight app, you can always "unfreeze" it later and re-download the augmented-reality cartoons.

Anyways, just a really quick look with Root Browser shows that the relevant files appear to be in /data/data

There are a couple folders in there that might be what you are looking for. The first is com.motorola.avatar and I also see "com.motorola.bug2go". I don't have "windy night" downloaded so I'm not sure what its folder might be.

Good Luck.