[Q] New Device Need Help with CWM

Search This thread

zonark

Mar 12, 2011
Okay so I have a tablet that not many have CWM was not supported. a Pyle Astro 7 Tablet
Heres what i did so far.
1. Got Root Access and busybox successfully
2. Backed up Recovery.img System.img kernel.img Boot.img successfully via terminal emulator.
3. Used builder.clockworkmod.com and made CMW recovery for my device by extracting the recovery.fstab and using the stock device recovery.img
4.moved it to device
5. removed the install-recovery.sh
6. couldnt locate any other recovery related .sh or .p files except autorecoveryon.sh and autorecovery.off.sh also removed them for the time being.
7. attempted to flash cmwrecovery.img via terminal via following code.
flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwmrecovery.img (i named file cwmrecovery.img for easier access.

8.rebooted device into recovery.

Still stock recovery...

Am I missing anything?

Any help would be awesome! If needed i can upload the System.img Boot.img Recovery.img CWMrecovery.img and Kernel.img

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

serik21

May 3, 2014
Okay so I have a tablet that not many have CWM was not supported. a Pyle Astro 7 Tablet
Heres what i did so far.
1. Got Root Access and busybox successfully
2. Backed up Recovery.img System.img kernel.img Boot.img successfully via terminal emulator.
3. Used builder.clockworkmod.com and made CMW recovery for my device by extracting the recovery.fstab and using the stock device recovery.img
4.moved it to device
5. removed the install-recovery.sh
6. couldnt locate any other recovery related .sh or .p files except autorecoveryon.sh and autorecovery.off.sh also removed them for the time being.
7. attempted to flash cmwrecovery.img via terminal via following code.
flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwmrecovery.img (i named file cwmrecovery.img for easier access.

8.rebooted device into recovery.

Still stock recovery...

Am I missing anything?

Any help would be awesome! If needed i can upload the System.img Boot.img Recovery.img CWMrecovery.img and Kernel.img

Thank you in advance!

How did you root your Pyle tablet? Any tips on the procedure? Im having trouble getting mine rooted.

Thanks!