[Q] Hemidall cannot read PIT file

Search This thread

maskari

Mar 17, 2014
Hi,

I updated my galaxy note 3 from 4.3 to 4.4.2 (both stock) using heimdall and that went without a hitch, I forgot to wipe all my data so ended up flashing 4.4.2 on top of 4.3 but it works fine with the only difference I see is that my battery leak problem got worse.

I then wanted to install CWM in order to eventually install a custom rom but that got cut short when heimdall (both GUI and on terminal) failed to read my PIT file.

Please note that the phone works and I can go into download mode without a problem and heimdall detects the device but once it starts downloading the PIT i get this:

user@macbook$ heimdall download-pit --output pit4.4.pit
Heimdall v1.4.0

Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna

This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.

If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
Setting up interface...

Initialising protocol...
Protocol initialisation successful.

Beginning session...

Some devices may take up to 2 minutes to respond.
Please be patient!

Session begun.

Downloading device's PIT file...
ERROR: Failed to send request to end PIT file transfer!
ERROR: Failed to download PIT file!
Ending session...
ERROR: Failed to send end session packet!
Releasing device interface...

I am not sure how to proceed, my device is unusable with the horrible battery leak right now.

Thanks

ivzave

Feb 17, 2014
Got this issue too: looks like heimdall can't handle device running 4.4.2. Solution for you is to find Windows PC and use Odin.

Reactions: maskari

maskari

Mar 17, 2014
back to odin i suppose

Got this issue too: looks like heimdall can't handle device running 4.4.2. Solution for you is to find Windows PC and use Odin.

thanks for the heads up! I got my hands on a windows pc and used odin to reflash 4.4.2 and then flashed CWM with odin as well. all went well but its a bit concerning that heimdall does not support 4.4.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.