CM11 - Error 7 - set_metadata_recursive.

Search This thread

Boncey

Nov 1, 2012
Hi! Im trying to install the new CM11 dev builds for the Galaxy Y and I keep getting:
Code:
Installing update...
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-2014-05-28-EXPERIMENTAL-totoro.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas. I'm installing it upon the CM9 build re recently got and upon that kernel.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
So, can I or cant I fix it...

you need to use the correct cwm recovery v6.x

for that you need the new kernel

But I dont know why you want to - its for devs only - its experimental - has a high risk of bricking your phone - and nothing on cm11 works yet other than it boots

If you are a dev and want to develop all the details are on the cm11 thread in the dev section but I repeat - unless you are a dev please dont not post there or flash anything on your device

Boncey

Nov 1, 2012
you need to use the correct cwm recovery v6.x

for that you need the new kernel

But I dont know why you want to - its for devs only - its experimental - has a high risk of bricking your phone - and nothing on cm11 works yet other than it boots

If you are a dev and want to develop all the details are on the cm11 thread in the dev section but I repeat - unless you are a dev please dont not post there or flash anything on your device

Thanks and yes I know. I like to try out the newest things, I'm not in any major need of my phone for a while so I can do whateva.
Could you link me to the new CWM Recov. and the Kernel?

Unfortunately the devs are not in favour of releasing these things as yet. -CALIBAN666- and marcussmith2626 had put up links and attachments for the files but have since taken them down at bieltv.3's request.

Try and understand, they as devs do not want to hard brick your phone with their work.

Until we get a beta, don't even try.

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Thanks and yes I know. I like to try out the newest things, I'm not in any major need of my phone for a while so I can do whateva.
Could you link me to the new CWM Recov. and the Kernel?

their website is

http://androidarmv6.github.io/

Its a public website that is freely available via a google search so there is no permission required to post a link to it
Since it contains no advertising or is used for commercial profit to make money from xda users me posting it here does not violate xda rules

Where you go from there is entirely your choice