Adobe Flash?? Please lend a hand.

Search This thread

SHAK3R

Oct 22, 2010
Sorry for bombarding the forum with questions. As I've mentioned in a previous thread I just bought the gnex as a replacement since I'm grandfathered in and can't afford a new phone.

Anyway, sorry about that. Is there a way to get adobe flash without rooting. Can a apk work, if so could someone send it to me? I tried getting it via Google play previously installed apps but it won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

DR3W5K1

Aug 25, 2012
Sorry for bombarding the forum with questions. As I've mentioned in a previous thread I just bought the gnex as a replacement since I'm grandfathered in and can't afford a new phone.

Anyway, sorry about that. Is there a way to get adobe flash without rooting. Can a apk work, if so could someone send it to me? I tried getting it via Google play previously installed apps but it won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/guide-how-to-play-flash-video-android-4-t2548001

Flash is no longer supported beyond jellybean

There is a workaround follow the guide I linked to get flash working.

SHAK3R

Oct 22, 2010
Thanks both of you. I do intend on rooting just haven't had the time.

As for the .apk. Do you know if it will work with with 4.2.2 and other browsers or just FF?

Thanks.

PS
You said supported beyond JB. I'm on JB, 4.2.2

Last edited:
Thanks both of you. I do intend on rooting just haven't had the time.

As for the .apk. Do you know if it will work with with 4.2.2 and other browsers or just FF?

Thanks.

PS
You said supported beyond JB. I'm on JB, 4.2.2

rooting your galaxy nexus will take no time at all ;)
once you've unlocked bootloader and installed custom recovery(ALL EXTREMELY SIMPLE) you can just flash either the superuser root zip if you plan to stay stock, or ANY of the roms available all seem to come with root(except shiny, which to root you just flash the su zip after)
just wanted to let you know that it's NOTHING to be stressed about, EXTREMELY easy to do ANYTHING on the Gnex :)

I am POSITIVE it will NOT work with Chrome. chrome on android doesn't support flash playback at all, never has, go figure huh? the desktop chrome comes with it's OWN flash version, but not for android lol!
it SHOULD however work with the aosp stock browser, firefox, and dolphin browser(i think dolphin browser has a special add-on to support using flash)
and also maybe opera and some others. any specific one you were thinking about?

I can send ya the apk I use personally if you want it, no need to root to install it, just enable unknown sources in security settings in main settings, install the apk, and I usually reboot after that just to be "sure" is being recognized by browser apps.

and I'm not CERTAIN, but I think official support was stopped at/after.initial release of 4.1 JB, JB held the name from 4.1-4.3

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Do you still need flash? I havent installed it and have no issues at all. Maybe it is included in the browser?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app