New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

cabadajo

Aug 3, 2010
hey guys, i have a weird problem with my wifi..i thought it will be ok after update to froyo,but its not. My wifi connection only works with opera mini app, doesnt work with stock browser,only somtimes..it sometimes also works with dolphin browser,..could someone help me ?? i dont have an idea whats the deal..:confused:

john014

Jul 9, 2007
London
Hi guys, one of the features mentioned is rds on the radio. I cannot see any option to enable this and the radio app does not seem to pick up the rds data? Am I missing something?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

kaushal101

Apr 21, 2010
NEW: when you view facebook photos, you can now view the photo description as well as comments. You can also make comments from the same screen. This wasn't there before in 2.1.

rodhull

Apr 11, 2010
IMAP and SSL

Woo, just spotted a big bonus since the update. The stock HTC mail app now supports self-signed certificates! When using IMAP with SSL and the certificate is either self-signed, name-mismatched or there is no root CA trust, a new dialog appears when first connecting asking if you want to accept and trust the cert. This is great news!

Pepi70

Jun 22, 2008
I do not understand. Can you describe a bit more ?

Email client of 2.1 release is not able to send email via outbox if there are not data connections. The only way to send emails is saving them in draft folder and manually send them when there is a connection.
Now, with the 2.2, you can send email in every case, and the email client parks them in the outbox for an automatic sending process just a connection will be come available.

Hope this feature is better understandable...

maxon25

Jun 25, 2009
Has anyone tried the hotspot feature? i just tried it with my laptop and i am very disapointed, for me it was very VERY SLOW, so slow that just turned it off lol. i loaded up google webpage fine, loaded up play.com fine but when i loaded up youtube, it took ages and even longer when loading a video. Could be my network? or could be wifi? or simply the 2.2 os?.
Anyone got this working spot on?

chichoko

Dec 19, 2009
Belgrade
Has anyone tried the hotspot feature? i just tried it with my laptop and i am very disapointed, for me it was very VERY SLOW, so slow that just turned it off lol. i loaded up google webpage fine, loaded up play.com fine but when i loaded up youtube, it took ages and even longer when loading a video. Could be my network? or could be wifi? or simply the 2.2 os?.
Anyone got this working spot on?

I assume you know that this feature clearly depends on your mobile connection.. since it was slow for you.. i assume that you didnt have any 3g signal which gives the fastest internet speed atm.. it uses your mobile network to provide internet access to other devices..

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

aindow

Jun 5, 2010
Leyland
I used the Wifi hotspot just fine and the speeds were good for me. I get speeds of around 3meg where i live when using HSDPA or 3g+ whatever you refer to it as. I find it could be a bit of a gimick though as the battery surely won't last long on the hotspot mode.

chichoko

Dec 19, 2009
Belgrade
I used the Wifi hotspot just fine and the speeds were good for me. I get speeds of around 3meg where i live when using HSDPA or 3g+ whatever you refer to it as. I find it could be a bit of a gimick though as the battery surely won't last long on the hotspot mode.

I dont think hsdpa and 3g are the same but yeah its more of a gimmick feature and its good in cases of emergency when you need internet to send an email or whatever.. as for the battery.. well if you use it for your laptop you can very well plug the phone in to charge up a bit.. i will test the speeds myself as soon as i get an unlimited plan.. for now its forbidden to me :/

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

bridgstfer

Apr 7, 2010
- When you receive an incoming call from a contact you have linked to a facebook profile you see the persons profile picture in a new box with frame around it and also their latest facebook status at the bottom

- In build facebook app now has Inbox for facebook messages! (only iphone app had this before) and the notifications if enabled seem to be push messages (not 100% this was not there before but i never saw it)

- The HTC RSS reader is literally about 10million times quicker at opening. I have about 14 feeds and 15 key words and it would always take AT LEAST 10seconds to open and load. Now it is about 1 second. (you do the math thats 10million x's faster :) )

- When you press the search button it will also search the Android market as well as the phone/google

FlatEric83

Nov 26, 2009
Milan
Bug (New):

- While navigating with Google Navigator and listening to music with stock player, after the music has been paused by navigator voice song doesn't resume (it did on 2.1, haven't tried with other combinations of player/navigator)

Really annoying for me since with my Ford Fiesta, both calls and audio are redirected to BT, and if I want to listen to directions I've to switch to BT audio on car system...I used to start music as well, and it did function (forgiving the fact that with a lot of turns you get a lot of halts on music), but now no more :mad:

Bug (don't know if new or already there in 2.1):

- Stock music player in portrait mode shows only a white backround, no covers (they are showed only in portrait with the "flow" visualization)

muc_waldek

Jun 28, 2010
I think memory management improved considerably. The amount of available RAM on my Desire doesn't drop below 100MB. It might make Task managers obsolete.