MOTOACTV apk for non Motorola?

Search This thread

MarsVoltron

Feb 13, 2011
I purchased a motoactv and couldn't use the notification feature because the app is only able to be downloaded on a Motorola handset through Android Market. I have a HTC Sensation and i get the yellow banner in market.

I was wondering if someone maybe has the Motoactv apk and could lend it out?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

Feb 9, 2011
you would get my eternal love and gratitude as well if you could post it! but how do you like yours so far MarsVoltron?

MarsVoltron

Feb 13, 2011
I love the concept of receiving notifications on my
Wrist since i always miss phone calls AND texts.
I just can't use the feature since I'm with HTC and not MOTO

I wish it did have more options for personalization, EQ for music, or use it as a remote to control music already on your Android device.
But until I get the MOTOACTV app its a big waste of cash.

Do you also have one?

gquit

Mar 17, 2011
I tried messing around with my Nook to fool the market into thinking it was a motorola, no luck so far. I hope somebody with a moto phone can get this apk!

MarsVoltron

Feb 13, 2011
I will have a Motorola Droid a little later. I looked on Motorola's list of compatible phones and it was listed.
I was wondering what would be the easiest way to pull the apk? It's my friends phone and don't wanna mess it up.

gquit

Mar 17, 2011
The way I've done it is to just install mybackup from the market, back up the app to the sd card, put the sd card in the computer and open the folder it backed up to. There will be an apk right inside the folder.

Patfors613

Nov 20, 2010
Would love for this app to work with my HTC Glacier Mytouch 4G. The fitness tracker isn't cheap and I want the full functionality. A thank you in advance to anyone that can pull the apk.

MarsVoltron

Feb 13, 2011
Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I purchased it primarily for the the notification feature. My guess is we probably won't see anything till a little bit after the new Razr is launched.
But ill have a droid later and pull it from there.

mrfuzzie23

May 16, 2007
Chino Hills, CA
i got the apk off a droid 2 but couldn't get it to install on my EVO, it would just fail saying application not installed, its attached in case any of you can figure out

after looking into it further it seems like the install fails because it requires access to com.motorola.blur.contacts.permission and blur.service.blur.Permissions.INTERACT_BLUR_SERVICE which both don't exist on my EVO...

anyone know a way around this?

Attachments

• com.motorola.notification_2.apk
    772.1 KB · Views: 1,450
Last edited:

gquit

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for posting the apk. I found a way to remove the Blur permissions and it installed on my Samsung charge. I don't get the watch until tomorrow, but it looks like the app is working fine :) Someone with one check it out and let me know.

Attachments

• signedcom.motorola.notification_2.7z
    587.3 KB · Views: 5,831

mrfuzzie23

May 16, 2007
Chino Hills, CA
Thanks for posting the apk. I found a way to remove the Blur permissions and it installed on my Samsung charge. I don't get the watch until tomorrow, but it looks like the app is working fine :) Someone with one check it out and let me know.

awesome...it worked! You da man! I don't know if future updates will install but this is definitely awesome, can you share how you removed the permissions so I'll know how to do it for future updates?

by the way...just tested it with my EVO and the watch and it works great, tried a few test txts and got the notification on the watch, and it listed the contact name too

Last edited:

gquit

Mar 17, 2011
Awesome I'm glad it works! I just searched around xda for some info on editing apk files and found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701

Once you get it extracted there is a file named AndroidManifest.xml I opened it with notepad deleted the blur permissions, then used that app to repackage and sign the app. It was kind of a crap shoot on my part but it worked the first try :)

Reactions: hootnath

MarsVoltron

Feb 13, 2011
Awesome! Great job loaded on and paired with my watch perfectly I just have a problem receiving calls through the watch. Doesn't ring or anything with or without a headset attached.

Feb 9, 2011

whenever i go to install it says "problem parsing package" any ideas? I'm on rooted device but i doubt thatd be it.

rogerfoisy

Nov 8, 2011
Thanks

Thanks guys have it installed on my Casio Commando, It is working great with text messages.
I dont have it working with phone calls but I think it is because I have standard headphones installed (no microphone) I will test that later.

slackdaddymoney

Nov 16, 2008
Thanks a million

This is my first post but as someone who is striving to lose 30 more pounds after losing 55, this is awesome work. I own the EVO and this connectivity was the dealbreaker for me. For Motorola-tied huge to google to hitch their wagon to only Moto phones is a joke, especially on a device that runs Android.

Enough of my rant, thanks again for enabling this on other phones!!:):):):)

gquit

Mar 17, 2011
Awesome! Great job loaded on and paired with my watch perfectly I just have a problem receiving calls through the watch. Doesn't ring or anything with or without a headset attached.

I might be wrong on this, but you might need to pair the headset with the phone and not the watch. So both the watch and the headset are paired with the phone, give it a try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    whenever i go to install it says "problem parsing package" any ideas? I'm on rooted device but i doubt thatd be it.

Did you unzip the app first? I guess I didn't really need to zip it, try this one.
    i got the apk off a droid 2 but couldn't get it to install on my EVO, it would just fail saying application not installed, its attached in case any of you can figure out

after looking into it further it seems like the install fails because it requires access to com.motorola.blur.contacts.permission and blur.service.blur.Permissions.INTERACT_BLUR_SERVICE which both don't exist on my EVO...

anyone know a way around this?
    here is the weather apk and motoactv from my motorola atrix
    I am not able to get the weather app to work on my Evo 4G. I am running CM7 as well but the weather app fails to install. I was able to install the notifier apk that was posted earlier in this thread and I am hoping someone can get the weather apk to work the same way.

Thanks

try this.. it works on my Transform Ultra... just tested it.