[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39 AOSP] Eos 4.0 -- Manta

Search This thread

teameos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2011
EOS_N10_zps8dc2664a.png

EOS_40_Header_zpsfc17bf00.png

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster_zps46dbf82a.png

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Features_zps2a2d8d3e.png

Code:
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
Resize Navigation Bar
Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
EOS Status Bar Toggles
Status Bar Color
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
Disable/Enable CRT Animation
Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
Performance Settings
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
Eos Control Center
MORE...

Creds_zps6c05dbff.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
Code:
Phone: for T9 dialer support
MMS
T-Mobile Theme Engine

Branches:
Code:
libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Download_zps886ec94c.png

Team EOS Manta Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Kernel_zps676c695a.png

Nexus 10 comes with the stock aosp kernel.

Installation_Notes_zpsa4a4cf88.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Information_zps30564da7.png

Changlog
Contribute
Gerrit Review
Gitweb for GPL compliance

Last edited:

liftman-

Nov 19, 2011
about ff ing time:)
thanks guys!
this is a great team, been running their roms for 1.5 yr on my xoom

ps: gapps was updated

Last edited:

cadiken

Mar 19, 2010
Solarnz, BRD, guys I'm so glad to see you here. I've been using your ROM seems like forever on my Xoom. She was good but had to be replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
I now have EOS on all of my Nexus devices. ;)

One suggestion:

When the nav bar buttons are on the left, there needs to be a little more space between them. They're too close together.

Last edited:

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
No full tablet UI, but you can move the buttons to the left, which is a perfect balance in my opinion. The buttons are a little too close together on the Manta ROM, though.

Really loving this ROM. Going to test out HDMI and Bluetooth tonight with the MUPEN64 and sixaxis app.

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
Damn, the gesture navigation is something I've always wanted in Android, I'm giving this a shot soon.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
The old tablet ui is depricated and won't be found in Eos. I know some guys still run it but I'm not gonna clobber SystemUI to make it work. But be on the lookout for for enhancements that make the tablet experience with Google's ui better.

Reactions: griffinj

DefinityX

Apr 8, 2012
Did anything besides launcher change between the last two builds??

I updated, got the Glass... LOVE the look... but it also seems to have given my USB OTG support some wonky behaviour. Rather than having both mounted side-by-side, it completely swaps out my Internal storage for the USB storage...

I don't remember from the third build... but I'll swap 'em out and give it a go...

EDIT:

Never mind... I must have been thinking of another ROM I'd tried... It does the same thing on 3. It ends up dumping the internal storage when you plug in OTG storage...

Last edited:

liftman-

Nov 19, 2011
Does this use the stock kernal or a custom one? It's just incredibly smooth.
you will find eos roms to be smooth almost always. in the past 1+ yrs on my xoom i only remember reverting to a older nightly 2 times.
hopefully brd will do some of his magic with the kernel, he did some sweet stuff.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
you will find eos roms to be smooth almost always. in the past 1+ yrs on my xoom i only remember reverting to a older nightly 2 times.
hopefully brd will do some of his magic with the kernel, he did some sweet stuff.

Ya but that was a different time. The Xoom kernel needed much love. And there was no one else to do it. These new devices have awesome kernel devs.

DefinityX

Apr 8, 2012

EDIT: "he DOES some sweet stuff." ;)

These guys are amazing. Hands down. They are miracle workers. And the fact that they don't charge for their work/skill still blows my mind.

Thank you all again and again for all you do. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS_N10_zps8dc2664a.png

EOS_40_Header_zpsfc17bf00.png

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster_zps46dbf82a.png

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
    Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
    Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
    Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
    Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
    RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
    Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
    UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
    Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Features_zps2a2d8d3e.png

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
    Resize Navigation Bar
    Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
    Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    EOS Status Bar Toggles
    Status Bar Color
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
    Disable/Enable CRT Animation
    Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
    Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
    Performance Settings
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    Eos Control Center
    MORE...

Creds_zps6c05dbff.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
    Code:
    Phone: for T9 dialer support
    MMS
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Branches:
    Code:
    libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
    and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Download_zps886ec94c.png

Team EOS Manta Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Kernel_zps676c695a.png

Nexus 10 comes with the stock aosp kernel.

Installation_Notes_zpsa4a4cf88.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Information_zps30564da7.png

Changlog
    Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Gitweb for GPL compliance
    I've noticed this as well... For me it does work but it goes the wrong way on both portrait directions... But it is right for both landscape directions... I posted this bug a couple times here but never got an answer...

I just tested for all orientations and can't reproduce this bug.

Hey guys, just flashed the latest nightly (05/05) and ESO Control Center crashes when I try to go into Performance Settings. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Unless you have any real reason to be under the Performance section (control CPU speed and governor I think), I wouldn't worry about it. Depending on what kernel you use, there may be a kernel-specific app that you can use instead (Trinity Ten uses TKT, franco.Kernel uses his Kernel Updater app, etc.)

There's also Trickster MOD that can access such settings too, and is free.

I'm removing performance settings. There's just too many kernels with unique configurations that I can't maintain the feature quality. I also recommend Trickster. Also I've been working on a simple light weight kernel app which will support common features. It'll be free but it's not Trickster. Also, I'm bringing in tablet mode, Paranoid's Pie, and some other stuff.
    Peculiar that bt would break. The Linaro may need some fine tuning for Manta. We'll investigate and do another build when fixed.
    Yeah I really like it as well. They're nightly releases just kind of stopped though...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

At the moment builds are fired off manually whenever a major commit is merged. However we are switching to "real" nightlies in the future where builds will be compiled every night as long as something is changed. However those will be very experimental and untested and sometimes may not even work. This is when weeklies come in where they are more tested and stable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I flashed the fix and it still doesn't work :-\

Peculiar. Worked fine here. But no worries, fresh build going out. I cleaned out my local repo, and did a nice clean grouper build and bt works. So HOPEFULLY this resolves it and gets me out of derpville :laugh:if not hang in there. I'm busy all day tomorrow but should be available in the evening to dig deeper if we get that far.

Edit:I hate it when I forget what thread I'm in lol.