[DISCUSSION]Different files included in GPE and Stock ROM (zip with the files)

Search This thread

coldflid

Dec 27, 2010
I'm not really sure wether this should go here, nor if i should put [DEV] before the title so if any mod wants to change it just change it :)
I've extracted both roms to compare the files included in each and since i don't have a lot of time i thought i could share it in case someone wants to use it, to try and make the fmradio, gallery, camera or other motorola things work on GPE rom for example, or for whatever reason.

The zip i've uploaded contains the system folder of a normal rom, but includes only the files missing in the GPE rom included in the stock rom, so if a folder is empty it's because both stock and GPE contain the same files in that folder (or files with the same name, as some files are named the same on the stock rom but have been modified).
I know the gpe rom already includes the clock, hangouts and keyboard apps too, but they're not only named different, but the motorola apps actually take up less space so i thought i could just include them in case someone wants to use them too.

If you think i should add something more to this post feel free to comment, i'll try to keep the thread updated with useful stuff found out from this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Srx_64s6aSTEQ3RFZfQjgzNE0/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

If you find out something useful, like the files needed to get something to work, it'd be appreciated if you could comment, not only to keep the thread updated but to learn about it. Thanks!
BTW if someone comes up with a better name for the thread please do tell, i'm horrible at naming threads haha

Enjoy :)

marjaN_

Nov 24, 2010
and moto camera works on GPe? any FCs? what's up with GPe camera, gallery, etc.?

thx for answer :)

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
I was wondering why the most apps have a different size.
What can be the reasons that the apk sizes are different on GPE or normal Moto g?

Also there are apps in /system/app and in system/priv-app.
Some files are in GPE in app where there in in Moto G in priv-app and the other way round.

Last edited:

coldflid

Dec 27, 2010
and moto camera works on GPe? any FCs? what's up with GPe camera, gallery, etc.?

I haven't tried anything sorry as i'm quite busy this week, i'll make tests next week. I heard there was a zip with the moto g camera working on GPE except for slo-mo and hdr

What can be the reasons that the apk sizes are different on GPE or normal Moto g?

Some files are in GPE in app where there in in Moto G in priv-app and the other way round.

I'm going to take a look and compare the apps, but my guess is motorola just made a few changes to the original google apps either to optimize them or add something we might not have noticed as it may not be a setting.
As i said i haven't really looked into the files inside the zip, just a quick glance since i'm quite busy this week, but thanks for mentioning it i hadn't realised that :)

Reactions: marjaN_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not really sure wether this should go here, nor if i should put [DEV] before the title so if any mod wants to change it just change it :)
    I've extracted both roms to compare the files included in each and since i don't have a lot of time i thought i could share it in case someone wants to use it, to try and make the fmradio, gallery, camera or other motorola things work on GPE rom for example, or for whatever reason.

The zip i've uploaded contains the system folder of a normal rom, but includes only the files missing in the GPE rom included in the stock rom, so if a folder is empty it's because both stock and GPE contain the same files in that folder (or files with the same name, as some files are named the same on the stock rom but have been modified).
    I know the gpe rom already includes the clock, hangouts and keyboard apps too, but they're not only named different, but the motorola apps actually take up less space so i thought i could just include them in case someone wants to use them too.

If you think i should add something more to this post feel free to comment, i'll try to keep the thread updated with useful stuff found out from this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Srx_64s6aSTEQ3RFZfQjgzNE0/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

If you find out something useful, like the files needed to get something to work, it'd be appreciated if you could comment, not only to keep the thread updated but to learn about it. Thanks!
    BTW if someone comes up with a better name for the thread please do tell, i'm horrible at naming threads haha

Enjoy :)

I haven't tried anything sorry as i'm quite busy this week, i'll make tests next week. I heard there was a zip with the moto g camera working on GPE except for slo-mo and hdr

I'm going to take a look and compare the apps, but my guess is motorola just made a few changes to the original google apps either to optimize them or add something we might not have noticed as it may not be a setting.
    As i said i haven't really looked into the files inside the zip, just a quick glance since i'm quite busy this week, but thanks for mentioning it i hadn't realised that :)
    Could you figure out something?

I actually prefer stock over GPE so i didnt really look much further into it as i had no need sorry :(
    I started working on a rom project and currently working on it

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk