[Q] How can i unlock my SGH-I717?

Search This thread

FerociousAndroid

Sep 23, 2011
where did you enter your paypal email address at?

Sorry, Just saw your post. There is a link for paypal account and next to where you select your phone model number, in the big empty long box just type your Paypal account and the software will check your credit count. I had to find this thread again to locate this unlocker for another i717. Do know why WOT (Web Of Trust) has this site poor ratings?.... Works fine without issues.

killerex

Jul 16, 2013
Moto G 2015
OnePlus Nord N20 5G
try this

Sorry, Just saw your post. There is a link for paypal account and next to where you select your phone model number, in the big empty long box just type your Paypal account and the software will check your credit count. I had to find this thread again to locate this unlocker for another i717. Do know why WOT (Web Of Trust) has this site poor ratings?.... Works fine without issues.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024514

fastfalco382

Nov 28, 2013
Hi all,

I switched my dad over from AT&T to T-Mobile a month or two back. I unlocked his AT&T Galaxy Note 1 (i7i7) for use with T-Mobile and put Cyanogenmod on it. The phone recognizes it's in T-Mobile and it initially seemed all was fine.

However, the phone will sometimes not be able to make calls or receive calls. It'll show full bars but immediately hang up when dialing a phone number (same applies when someone tries to call the phone). This happens on and off and I'm not sure what the cause may be.

I live in NYC and so I hope it's not a problem with network. Should I flash back to stock? Install some sort of radio? Any help is welcome! Thank you.

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Hi all,

I switched my dad over from AT&T to T-Mobile a month or two back. I unlocked his AT&T Galaxy Note 1 (i7i7) for use with T-Mobile and put Cyanogenmod on it. The phone recognizes it's in T-Mobile and it initially seemed all was fine.

However, the phone will sometimes not be able to make calls or receive calls. It'll show full bars but immediately hang up when dialing a phone number (same applies when someone tries to call the phone). This happens on and off and I'm not sure what the cause may be.

I live in NYC and so I hope it's not a problem with network. Should I flash back to stock? Install some sort of radio? Any help is welcome! Thank you.

Try flashing a different rom and see how things go and if that ends with the same results try restoring to stock and test it out. Don't worry about it getting carrier locked after a Odin session as it will survive and remain unlocked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used "unlockclient com" these guys/gals (whatever) use some software you download to your computer. I checked it via Avast! (sandbox) to make sure it was clean. You plug in your phone via the data cable and follow the instructions:

1. Download and install drivers if you haven't done it yet
    http://www.UnlockClient.com/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver.exe
    2. Take out memory card and SIM card and turn your phone on
    3. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development
    4. Switch on the option "USB Debugging"
    5. Go to dialer, type *#7284# and select USB -> Modem
    6. Go to dialer, type *#9090# and select [1] USB
    7. Exit service menu and turn your phone off by pressing power button
    8. Insert NOT accepted SIM card and turn the phone on
    9. Wait for "Enter Network Lock Control Key" message
    10. Connect phone to computer and wait until all drivers are installed (~1 min)
    11. Unplug the usb cable and plug it back
    12. Enter your paypal email or test the connection for free first
    13. When you feel ready, Click "Unlock" button

The software detects the IMEI. I took the risk of losing $25 to some scam. Boy was I wrong... The software verifies that you have paid them via paypal then does something to the phone via the data cable. At the end you have to enter 00000000 and boom unlocked.

Rebooted in my T-Mobile card and works. Now I have to flash the modem.

PS
    My AT&T (I717) phone was already rooted and on 2.3.6.
    Is all the aggravation really worth it? If I were you, I would just pay the 5-20 bucks, then enjoy the phone the way god intended it....functionally!!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA App
    Why can't all oems just do what Google (galaxy nexus) did with the bootloader? Just have a menu that says "Do u want to void warranty and unlock bootloader?". It wud make life easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

The bootloader is unlocked, this has nothing to do with the bootloader.

This is a carrier unlock...
    same here, they gave me t he code for 2 SII but won't give me the code for the Note, ATT said I have to wait until end of Aug since this phone is still New!

i got really mad at them since I really need to use it and i think it is not fair that I have to pay to unlock my own phone! I told them that I am willing to pay security deposit or whatever if they won't trust that I would come back from my trip with the phone but they still didn't. At the end and to make me happy they offered me the Unlimited calling and texting for my family plan for free for six months (it is a $30/month package)
    where did you enter your paypal email address at?

In the field towards the top.

I also used this service after getting refunds from two others. This one worked!