[ROM] NFX-Shift STOCK Version 2.0 deodexed/odex updated 3/19/11

Search This thread

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
Updated: 3/19/2011

NFX-Shift.Deodex.STOCK.V.2.0
NFX-Shift.Odex.STOCK.V.2.0

This will not wipe your data, ALthough always best to start fresh!

- [Kernel] [GPL] Sense 2.6.32.21 OC/UV 1.51GHZ (CFS-Smartass-TUN) Thanks to bcnice20
- Default CPU clock will be 1.0ghz with ondemand , changable thru setcpu or if you want to edit the kernel directly. I have never been a fan of the overclocking apps as once the system is boot they need to wait for the SU to grant permissions for the settings. this way it is from boot.
Remove the script below to use setcpu
If you would like to change the defaults in the kernel just look in system/etc/init.d/ 80screenstate_scaling
echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 1209600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

System Currently boot at 1.2 ghz with the script. if you have issues with this speed remove the sript and reboot. This will allow for the settings in the kernel to boot at 1ghz.

- Unlocked 3G USB tethering & Sprint Hotspot - no need for any other apks aka wired or wireless tether
- Read ahead fixed to 256k for the SDcard (speed fix) - should increase the read times from sdcard
- 5meg limit on the mms
- Tweaks for the system to increase overall performance
- 4 in 1 menu w/hibernation (photo at bottom of post)
- Fixed 1x / 3g to be accurate
- zip align apps installed on data automatically
- Annoying ads in programs are blocked

Added:
Astro File Explorer
Titanium Backup

Updated:
Sprint VVM
Maps
Market
there where other just cant recall them

Ok, If you experience issues please in your post list the issues clearly so I wont miss them. I would perfer maybe list them first then explain them underneath.
Thank you!

On you Sdcard there is a folderfor the apps that have been removed, for easy restore
Removed_Apps/
AdobeReader.apk
amazonmp3.apk
GenieWidget.apk
Kindle-1.0.2.80600055-OEM-SingleSign.apk
nascar09-prod-release.apk
Quickoffice.apk
sfl-prod-release.apk
Sprint_Navigator.apk
Sprint_TV.apk
SprintZone.apk

Download ODEX

Download DEODEX

Tanks to all the testers your names will be added later when I have a little more time....

Attachments

• reboot-mod.jpg
    reboot-mod.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,313
Last edited:

Dread 7us

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
Sweet! Glad to see you developing roms even b4 you've received your shift lol. Downloading now :)

Sent from my PG06100

mcarrion78

Jun 19, 2010
Fayetteville NC
good deal nand welcome to the shift. ha ha. bout to test this out know. ive tried out some of your hero stuff and seen the good work you've done.

BrandoKC

May 15, 2010
Kansas City
Make sure you have cache wiped too, sounds like maybe a corupt download.
I've been running this for four days and have not had a single hiccup.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift 4G

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
I did a full wipe before flashing, and it booted up, but does not seem to have a functioning launcher. If I turn the screen off, and back on, I see the lock screen, but swiping down results in a black screen.

if you can could you get me a ddms or logcat while booting so I can see what may be causing this issue for you.
As I said previously I dont have amy shift yet so I can only possibly track down the issue if you can grab a logcat or ddms report of the issue.
Thanks

the5ifty

Jul 28, 2010
Battle Creek
coming from a hero forums I was waiting for you to throw something up here that was slick and simple DL-ing

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

cloverdale

Feb 9, 2009
Eugene, OR
www.jbthemes.com
if you can could you get me a ddms or logcat while booting so I can see what may be causing this issue for you.
As I said previously I dont have amy shift yet so I can only possibly track down the issue if you can grab a logcat or ddms report of the issue.
Thanks

I apologize, I already did a nandroid recover. Everything went through fine on the logcat, but after boot it kept giving me an error in regard to wakelock not responding. I probably had a bad download. I will try again this weekend (have to go meet the wife right now) and let you know the results. I am really excited to run this, so I am sure I can get it to work eventually. Thanks a lot for your work on this.

dhero1

Mar 11, 2010
Running well for me, and I'm using bcnice20's oc-uv sense kernel with it ... albeit according to quadrant a little slower than the stock odex rom with the same kernel.

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
Running well for me, and I'm using bcnice20's oc-uv sense kernel with it ... albeit according to quadrant a little slower than the stock odex rom with the same kernel.

Well that is great then considering odex vs deodexed, cause we all now that there is about a 15 to 20% loss with deodexing a rom. Once I get my shift I will odex and really get into slimlineing the rom, just like the HeroC

Reactions: dhero1

raven206

May 3, 2010
San Antonio
Man it is great to see you here!! When I sold my hero, the guy wanted to keep your ROM that I was running on it. Paypal is about to see some action once I try this out.

Dread 7us

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
Getting good quadrant scores on this rom:

ad7529e0-a80a-4df6.jpg

Sent from my PG06100

fifedogg

Apr 12, 2010
Great to see you here man! I'm super stoked we got some good developers on the shift now. I cant wait to see what comes next :)

Any way to add the power widgets like CM6 had on the pull down menu? I loved having all my stuff soo easy to turn on/off. Usually I didnt like Sense because it slowed down the phone but the shift is super fast with it. I'm looking forward to the odex version your planning on making. Thanks for your hard work!

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
Great to see you here man! I'm super stoked we got some good developers on the shift now. I cant wait to see what comes next :)

Any way to add the power widgets like CM6 had on the pull down menu? I loved having all my stuff soo easy to turn on/off. Usually I didnt like Sense because it slowed down the phone but the shift is super fast with it. I'm looking forward to the odex version your planning on making. Thanks for your hard work!

Yes there is a mod for it in the EVO forum, just need to port it to this, but cant do it yet till I actually get the phone so I can test

Aaargh!

Jan 19, 2011
California
I am new to all this rooting and installing new roms, so please bare with me. I have downloaded this rom twice to my computer, but can not get it to install on my phone. I have extracted the file to my sd card, did a data wipe on phone, went to install zip from sd, but cannot "find" and install new rom. Any suggestions? At least I have found out how to do recovery.

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
I am new to all this rooting and installing new roms, so please bare with me. I have downloaded this rom twice to my computer, but can not get it to install on my phone. I have extracted the file to my sd card, did a data wipe on phone, went to install zip from sd, but cannot "find" and install new rom. Any suggestions? At least I have found out how to do recovery.

Don't extract it, leave it as a zip to flash :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated: 3/19/2011

NFX-Shift.Deodex.STOCK.V.2.0
    NFX-Shift.Odex.STOCK.V.2.0

This will not wipe your data, ALthough always best to start fresh!

- [Kernel] [GPL] Sense 2.6.32.21 OC/UV 1.51GHZ (CFS-Smartass-TUN) Thanks to bcnice20
    - Default CPU clock will be 1.0ghz with ondemand , changable thru setcpu or if you want to edit the kernel directly. I have never been a fan of the overclocking apps as once the system is boot they need to wait for the SU to grant permissions for the settings. this way it is from boot.
    Remove the script below to use setcpu
    If you would like to change the defaults in the kernel just look in system/etc/init.d/ 80screenstate_scaling
    echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 1209600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

System Currently boot at 1.2 ghz with the script. if you have issues with this speed remove the sript and reboot. This will allow for the settings in the kernel to boot at 1ghz.

- Unlocked 3G USB tethering & Sprint Hotspot - no need for any other apks aka wired or wireless tether
    - Read ahead fixed to 256k for the SDcard (speed fix) - should increase the read times from sdcard
    - 5meg limit on the mms
    - Tweaks for the system to increase overall performance
    - 4 in 1 menu w/hibernation (photo at bottom of post)
    - Fixed 1x / 3g to be accurate
    - zip align apps installed on data automatically
    - Annoying ads in programs are blocked

Added:
    Astro File Explorer
    Titanium Backup

Updated:
    Sprint VVM
    Maps
    Market
    there where other just cant recall them

Ok, If you experience issues please in your post list the issues clearly so I wont miss them. I would perfer maybe list them first then explain them underneath.
    Thank you!

On you Sdcard there is a folderfor the apps that have been removed, for easy restore
    Removed_Apps/
    AdobeReader.apk
    amazonmp3.apk
    GenieWidget.apk
    Kindle-1.0.2.80600055-OEM-SingleSign.apk
    nascar09-prod-release.apk
    Quickoffice.apk
    sfl-prod-release.apk
    Sprint_Navigator.apk
    Sprint_TV.apk
    SprintZone.apk

Download ODEX

Download DEODEX

Tanks to all the testers your names will be added later when I have a little more time....
    This is froyo 2.2... Shift is currently running gb 2.3.3

Sent from my PG06100

Wrong the shift is officially running 2.3.4 with the latest ota

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    just updating where I am at with the update

ok My next release will be setup as follows:
    Built of this release as base
    Default CPU clock will be 1.2ghz with ondemand , changable thru setcpu - Completed
    Unlocked 3G USB tethering & Sprint Hotspot - Completed
    Read ahead fixed to 512k for the SDcard (speed fix) - Completed
    5meg limit on the mms - Completed
    Tweaks for the system to increase overall performance - Completed
    Moved dalvik-cache to cache partition - Completed
    Battery % on battery meter - almost complete
    Removed USB Debug notification - soon
    Modded Flash Player so Hulu works - Completed
    HTC_IME mod - Completed
    Annoying ads in programs are blocked - Completed
    And if I have the time the 4 in 1 power menu mod. - fighting a few errors currently
    I did a full wipe before flashing, and it booted up, but does not seem to have a functioning launcher. If I turn the screen off, and back on, I see the lock screen, but swiping down results in a black screen.
    Lol all this time searching for a full sense 3.0 and it doesn't work /:

EvoShift 4g: CyanogenMod7!
    Hit that "Thanks" Button if I helped!
    Check out my WIP Rom!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28927663
    Questions? Private Message Me!

This isn't the 3.0 (kingdom) Rom... This is stock froyo... Try this link

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2