Generic 1800 batteries

Search This thread

davidj863

Jan 19, 2012
I received my generic 1800 mAh batteries on monday and charged one overnight. Used it all day yesterday. It's not as good as I had hoped for, but it's better than I expected. They seem to hold a charge about as long as my OEM 1500 mAh battery. I was hoping for longer life but at least I have 3 batteries now instead of just 1. Overall, I think it was $10 well spent, assuming the batteries will still work after a year of use.

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Agree with this. I got the OEM 1800 mAh, and love it. After almost two years on the original battery, it had seen better days.

The Anker 1800mAh batteries are straight though. I don't know how they compare to the OEM's, but two 1800mAh batteries WITH the AC USB adapter for $20... That's a good deal. I do, however, wanna try out the OEM's eventually, though.

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
I picked up the anker 1800mah. I'm very impressed. I stopped using my generic 2800mah fat battery. Easily lasts me through the day.

ih8sense

Mar 14, 2012
I've had poor luck with the generics. They run great at first but seem to really degrade quickly. Doesnt much make financial sense to buy two or three short lived generic batterys when you can spend the same on one OEM or quality brand name replacement. :cool:

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
After almost two months with my Anker batteries (And going on tours and such), Ankers have my seal of approval. On TW ROMs and at my rate of usage (I'm not much of a power user), I can easily get up to 20+ hours off a single charge (I think the most I've gotten was 1d 6h-8h, can't remember). Times have gotten rough for my recently so I can't afford to buy an OEM battery, but my two Ankers are more than well sufficient.

Reactions: mhhd

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
I would think so since the OEM Galaxy S2 fits our phone, and I heard good things about the Ankers but without personally testing them, so far the 1800mAh OEM Epic Touch (GS2) is the best

If you were to get them, could I maybe review them for you??

boocephus

Apr 9, 2013
Anker

I got anker batteries recently.
It's worth spending 22 bucks for 2 batteries + charger

I bought 4 "OEM" samsung 1800 mAh batteries from amazon because we have 2 epics and 1 epic 4g touch in the house. Even though they were samsung and seemed to be the real deal. i have my doubts. I think they are seconds or something. They ended up not lasting a year. They would be at like 60%, then the phone would reboot and it would be at 4%. That kind of nonsense.

I have bought 2 sets of these anker 1800s (2 batteries and charger). the charger is a little weird. My wife doesn't want to be bothered with it. But I think these are great batteries so far. i have had my 2 for a couple months and just bought 2 more for her. My son now inherits the half dozen crap batteries that we no longer want. good luck!

I have CM 10.1 RC5 and I have gotten almost 30 hours out of one charge. I was trying hard. Now, RC5 has alot to do with that. And I turn off data when I am at my desk at work where I have bad signal. But typically, I can go the entire day without charging now. if I am over 80% at night, I just turn off data and wifi and leave it unplugged.

I do not let these batteries go dead and I haven't been charging over night and letting it sit at 100% for 6 hours on the charger, Maybe that helps too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I will have to say these batterys work very well. I get way more life out of these then I do my stock 1500 mah. Plus I have 3 of them so I am able to keep a extra on me just in case. I would recomend buying them plus they were cheap

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
    Same here, bought a generic epic touch battery from ebay for a couple bucks and it fit and works fine

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium
    D
    Deleted member 2831641
    i got the cheap ones from eBay, just make sure you let it completely charge and die 3 times and your good to go. I have 3 extra batteries and they are equivalent to the factory battery.
    After almost two months with my Anker batteries (And going on tours and such), Ankers have my seal of approval. On TW ROMs and at my rate of usage (I'm not much of a power user), I can easily get up to 20+ hours off a single charge (I think the most I've gotten was 1d 6h-8h, can't remember). Times have gotten rough for my recently so I can't afford to buy an OEM battery, but my two Ankers are more than well sufficient.