revert to 4.1.2 via NAND backup? (Bootloader)

Search This thread

sweetsmoke69

Aug 19, 2011
Cologne / Germany
Hi all, I seriously consider to flash a 4.3 ROM (most likely Hurricane) even though I'm still happy with my 4.1.2 - however finally curiousness wins...
I have a simple question, just want a "yes or no". If the answer is no I will not ask for any further advice - will find it by myself.

Q: In case I do not want to stay with 4.3 can I simply go back to my previous 4.1.2 by just recovering a backup (NAND)?

My question is primarily related to the Bootloader since I'm wondering if a recover would restore previous BL as well. I don't want to go for the wifi-fix, therefore I will flash MJ5 BL prior to flashing 4.3 ROM.

Many thanks in advance!

mikeuz

Jul 30, 2012
Colima
no

Hi all, I seriously consider to flash a 4.3 ROM (most likely Hurricane) even though I'm still happy with my 4.1.2 - however finally curiousness wins...
I have a simple question, just want a "yes or no". If the answer is no I will not ask for any further advice - will find it by myself.

Q: In case I do not want to stay with 4.3 can I simply go back to my previous 4.1.2 by just recovering a backup (NAND)?

My question is primarily related to the Bootloader since I'm wondering if a recover would restore previous BL as well. I don't want to go for the wifi-fix, therefore I will flash MJ5 BL prior to flashing 4.3 ROM.

Many thanks in advance!

I did something similar before and it didn´t go well

I installed amnix rom because of the walkman player, but in the process that rom changed my modem so I was on G1 from thunderlite v7 and changed to L4.

there were some issues with the rom (mainly on walkman graphic glitches) and decided to go back to thunderlite v7 using a nandroid backup....
the thing is everything "seemed fine" but the modem was not restored ...
also my proximity sensor stopped working,
after a couple of days trying to fix it. I decided to install an old ROM from my carrier (telcel mexico) and lose the IMEI which I got back using an EFS back up I have (the first one I created)

then I updated again to 4.3 on hurricane everything seems to be working ok with the EFS folder and the sensor.,,

so I dont think your bootloader will get restored either.

be cautious.

Mashed_Potatoes

Oct 26, 2012
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I was asking myself the same question. I had a 4.1.2 backup of ARHD v19, and then i flashed the 4.3 ARHD v20.1, along with the MJ5 bootloader.

I was dissatisfied with the performance of 4.3, so i decided to revert through recovery. I made a 4.3 backup just in case i brick the phone.

Then i restored the 4.1.2 and everything went well, the 1st boot was about 10 seconds longer.

Now i am not sure did it restore the old bootloader or not, but the device is running pretty fast now on 4.1.2

So yes, it's possible

Elvispen

Sep 9, 2011
I was asking myself the same question. I had a 4.1.2 backup of ARHD v19, and then i flashed the 4.3 ARHD v20.1, along with the MJ5 bootloader.

I was dissatisfied with the performance of 4.3, so i decided to revert through recovery. I made a 4.3 backup just in case i brick the phone.

Then i restored the 4.1.2 and everything went well, the 1st boot was about 10 seconds longer.

Now i am not sure did it restore the old bootloader or not, but the device is running pretty fast now on 4.1.2

So yes, it's possible

A nand backup does not contain the bootloader.
But to be sure you can install "android system info" from play store.
Then check buildinfos and the post boot loader version.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
Why dont you go in download and see if the bootloader has the knox bit or not.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk