[Q] ADB sideload fails?

Search This thread

Turdbasket

Mar 21, 2014
I recently rooted and installed Cyanogenmod 11(nightly) on my ls970. CM11 was a little glitchy so I decided to downgrade to CM 10.2... but my dumb*ss forgot to wipe CM 11 before I installed 10.2. needless to say it didn't work. I then did a full wipe(the backup I created didn't work) with TWRP and then tried to sideload Cyangogenmod 10.2.. the sideload fails.. so I thought it was an issue with the ROM..So I got the stock ROM from Google and tried to sideload that. The sideload always starts (on both ROMs) but always ends up failing in the end.. Any help would be appreciated.

I also tried to install stock rom via lgnpst but it does not recognize the phone. And all drivers are installed

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I recently rooted and installed Cyanogenmod 11(nightly) on my ls970. CM11 was a little glitchy so I decided to downgrade to CM 10.2... but my dumb*ss forgot to wipe CM 11 before I installed 10.2. needless to say it didn't work. I then did a full wipe(the backup I created didn't work) with TWRP and then tried to sideload Cyangogenmod 10.2.. the sideload fails.. so I thought it was an issue with the ROM..So I got the stock ROM from Google and tried to sideload that. The sideload always starts (on both ROMs) but always ends up failing in the end.. Any help would be appreciated.

I also tried to install stock rom via lgnpst but it does not recognize the phone. And all drivers are installed

How about copying the rom by just transfer the Rom.zip to scdard? I really never use adb sideload as there is really no reason to, except it has a chance to be not working...

Reactions: Turdbasket

Turdbasket

Mar 21, 2014
How about copying the rom by just transfer the Rom.zip to scdard? I really never use adb sideload as there is really no reason to, except it has a chance to be not working...

The phone shows up on my computer but it's greyed out and says I need to insert a memory device. When I wiped the info to install the new rom I think I wiped too much (i wiped everything)

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
when I try to install CWM it gives me this message:

Unknown partition 'recovery.img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'recovery.img'

Could you tell me what you exactly did?

The command must be "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

the recovery.img you extracted from the downloaded zip must be placed in "fastboot folder" of course.

If you're not sure about it pls post a screenshot of your command prompt so i can check it for errors.

Last edited:

Turdbasket

Mar 21, 2014

the recovery.img you extracted from the downloaded zip must be placed in "fastboot folder" of course.

If you're not sure about it pls post a screenshot of your command prompt so i can check it for errors.

That worked.(thank you very much) I was using the wrong command line. I thanked you for that bit of info. I have to go do some things... I'll be back in a bit to let you know how everything is going

Turdbasket

Mar 21, 2014

That would be kind of you ;)

You solved my problem for me!! The issue was with TWRP!! Thank you so much for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The phone shows up on my computer but it's greyed out and says I need to insert a memory device. When I wiped the info to install the new rom I think I wiped too much (i wiped everything)

Which recovery version do you use at the moment?

This is the best recovery you can get --> http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/ls970

for your phone.

Install it using "fastboot".
    when I try to install CWM it gives me this message:

Unknown partition 'recovery.img'
    error: cannot determine image filename for 'recovery.img'

That worked.(thank you very much) I was using the wrong command line. I thanked you for that bit of info. I have to go do some things... I'll be back in a bit to let you know how everything is going

That would be kind of you ;)